• 3053 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8266 Players Online
  • 5213 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Bow boost.

Discussion in 'Death Tag' started by rray, Apr 11, 2020.

?

Remove this

1. Yes remove it

52.2%
  2. No, I have no skill therefore I need it to win. :)

47.8%
  1. So if you're a regular DT player, you would know that you can boost yourself using the bow. By shooting it lightly and then running foward for the arrow to hit you. This "skill" can help you to go to areas where chasers can't reach you, or to boost yourself away from chasers. This is honestly something really annoying, and this is just an advantage for players with the bow. Unless this is part of the kit, I think it's fair to get this "glitch?" removed.

Posted Apr 11, 2020
    NoHaxJustCats_ and x3bood like this.

2. Here is a video about bow boosting.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 11, 2020
    NoHaxJustCats_ and x3bood like this.
  3. Just have to admit that some of those jumps from the video are awesome.

I don't think it's a glitch, since archers used to be able to do that a few years ago. I don't know the exact time, but I remember it used to be a thing. Although at the time nobody thought to turn it into a valid strategy. One of the DT updates removed the ability to hit yourself with the bow, and that's what we've had since then. Since it was originally like this, and the fact that it hasn't been changed since it's return, I think it's safe to say that it wasn't an unintentional bug that got through.

As far as the boosting goes, it's fine to do as long as you're not getting into areas that are normally impossible. So if you have to use the bow, or a traitor boost, to get there it's going to be considered map exploit and end with a punishment. Examples being the following time stamps from the video:

0:23 - back of the chair on Bedroom
    0:56 - front of the black ship's sail on Pirate's Harbor
    1:05 - upper front sails on the black ship on Pirate's Harbor

There are probably other exploits as well that aren't in the video. The rest of the jumps are legal though.So if you notice anyone using that to exploit feel free to gather some evidence (video is highly preferred) and report it at mineplex.com/reports

Posted Apr 11, 2020
    Fall, SpitefulNick, Xukuwu and 3 others like this.
  4. Hey Divve,

Here are my thoughts on the archer kit. I personally believe that bow boosting is not a glitch. For a while back then, they made it to where you could not perform it. But, it made its come back. I’m not sure if it was intentional, but if it was, I understand why. Also, if players are using the kit to exploit, the players should be reported. As well as the exploitable positions. That being said, the staff team has done a great job of placing barrier blocks at those positions. I have personally been playing Death Tag since 2015, and the community has come a long way. Bow boosting should not be removed because it gives some player advantages if used correctly. Nowadays, consistent players have huge parties that make it unfair for others. So at least give others a chance at winning. That’s my take on it!

p.s. - here’s a link to a similar thread (https://www.mineplex.com/threads/bow-boosting-in-death-tag.39313/)

Posted Apr 11, 2020
    x3bood likes this.
  5. In my opinion I think its fine where it is now, I play death tag frequently with my friend and I can honestly say that when we play we don't come across these exploits often (I can't even remember if I've seen any of these in game), personally when I use the archer kit I just use it on maps like village to do hard jumps because I'm bad at parkour. Instead of removing it I think the maps could be tweaked so it was harder to exploit than how it is now.

Posted Apr 12, 2020
  6. I remember using this bow boosting strategy years ago and I was told that I could be banned for it so I haven't used it ever since. Thank you @GuitarHero_King for the recap of everything. In my opinion bow boosting should be permitted. It's been a part of original minecraft for years and many gamemodes can use this strategy to get into areas. As long as they don't get into impossible to reach areas, this strategy should be used and permitted. Thank you for reading my opinion and hope you have a great rest of your day :D

Posted Apr 12, 2020
    rray likes this.
  7. I feel like these are more so map issues that can easily be patched by placing barriers or other blocks there. I agree that being able to boost yourself forward should only be used when escaping chasers. Fixing the map itself is less work on developer's and staff's end. I feel that recoding the bow mechanics may get tedious. The offence corresponding to boosting yourself to unreachable places is map exploiting and blocking off those places would also lead to less punishments or potential rule breakers. This would still make it harder for the runners, shorten the games, and reduce the amount of forced chasers which the community despises in the event of them being the victim.

Report a User | Report a Bug | Rules | My Profile | Applications

Posted Apr 12, 2020
  8. I think that bow boosting is fine as long as it’s not being used to get into a position where a chaser would not be able to get to.

Posted Apr 12, 2020
  9. Hi GuitarHero King,
    I agree with you completely. Do you know where I can report the exploits so someone can go and patch them?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 15, 2020
  10. Hey dive, because GuitarHero hasn't responded to you yet I'll gladly assist you in reporting it. If you can get solid evidence of the exploits, you can go to https://www.mineplex.com/support/ and go to the reports tab. Under the reports tab there is a Report Bug area. You should probably report it there or report the players abusing it.

Posted Apr 15, 2020
    rray likes this.
  11. Is that not allowed? Because a lot of people would be punished on village (including post author)

Posted Apr 17, 2020
  12. Please read GuitarHero's reply.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 17, 2020
  13. You could report it as a bug or honestly just send me a DM with all of the spots you find and I'll shoot it to Map Issues.

Posted May 3, 2020
  14. Please read GuitarHero's reply.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 3, 2020
  15. I did and I have sent those ones over, but presumably there are others.

Posted May 3, 2020
  16. i don't think it should be removed. it's a strategy, a feature of Minecraft. it's not like it makes you be able to fly around until you hit the floor, you take damage. it can slow you down if you do it while running aswell, so it's not much of an advantage. Fixing the map exploits would make it better.
    Also, quick tip. If you're going to complain about something, don't go and use it.

Posted May 3, 2020,
    Last edited May 6, 2020