• 344 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2428 Players Online
  • 2084 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Blocking Hits/Shots in Block Hunt Should not be allowed

Discussion in 'Block Hunt' started by mab8400, Nov 14, 2019.

?

Should a hunter be able to purposely block another hunter's shot?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. I have come across such a high number of instances where this happens and it really ruins the game, a friendly hunter will be standing in the same block or try to move in front of a hider to purposely make it harder(sometimes literally impossible) for the other hunter to kill them. TNT doesn't work because it is too slow, and not everyone has this kit, not to mention that TNT is very glitchy and sometimes does not do any damage at all. Likewise, this should be considered game-play trolling because in the rules it states this is not allowed; "
    Purposely trying to frustrate or to ruin the game for others." In addition, it stalls time and creates havoc in chat when certain players are trying to play the game but don't know that it is allowed. I was going to say that sometimes hunters might try to hide their friends (pots and chickens are small enough so that you can't see them when a player is standing on them/in front of them) but that would probably require a new thread. I would like to say other things in this post as well but it would be removed if I did.

Posted Nov 14, 2019
  2. It isn't allowed, you can report it as game trolling. if someone has purposefully done this you can record and report it, or request a staff member. It isn't allowed as it is unfair.

Posted Nov 14, 2019
  3. Try tricking the hider. Be friendly to them then kill them. That’s the only other thing that I can think of other than tnt or reporting. There are other methods of circumventing this tho

Posted Nov 14, 2019,
    Last edited Dec 2, 2019 at 9:38 PM
  4. Thanks for sharing your idea!

GI has already planned to make it so that a hider's arrows go through other hiders, as well as hunter's arrows go through other hunters. Hopefully this will be added in a future update!

In the case where you are trying to melee attack a hider and someone is blocking the way on purpose, there is not much that can be done other than reporting that person as if I'm not mistaken it should count as 'Gameplay Trolling'.

Posted Nov 14, 2019
  5. If it's on purpose and the other play is doing it on purpose to block your shots then it is already against the rules, it is called Gameplay Trolling

Posted Nov 14, 2019
    xParadoxical_ likes this.
  6. I have a conversation and proof of this happening and the Rules Commitee owner (Toki) says it is allowed.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 14, 2019
  7. I accidentally voted yes lol,

but if you have proof of it then show it. If you don't then that's just pointless. Also you've already made this statement in several other forum posts. Tbf it really only takes one to get the point across, kinda like people who report in staff request the same thing 3 times and then 5 later on.

Posted Nov 14, 2019
  8. I just wanted to say that this is definitely a great idea, not only does it eliminate the need to punish for gameplay trolling for such a situation but also completely makes it impossible for it to occur in terms of archery. As for melee hitting, I have been on a server where they have made it so that melee attacking others would physically go through them and affect whatever entity or person in front of them. In the case of Mineplex, it would be that if there was a hider behind the hunter and you tried to hit the hunter, if the hider is close enough you'll be able to hit the hider. I don't want to get into the development side of things as I am not familiar with how much time and effort this would take or if I even recalled that experience correctly, but in my opinion, this should be planned for block hunt or looked into.

Posted Nov 14, 2019,
    Last edited Nov 14, 2019
  9. My report was denied even by the Rules Committee leader Toki. Some staff are saying it is against the rules, some staff say it is allowed.
    --- Post updated ---
    I have tried that and nobody trusts me xD

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 14, 2019
  10. Unfortunately, in that case, it would not be gameplay trolling and so it's not against the rules as Toki is the rules committee admin and an RC member's input of the rules is what stands. We will just have to see if the suggestion above gets approved or not, apologize on my mistake!

Posted Nov 14, 2019
  11. Team trolling is very evident when watching certain clips and I don't know why, but staff keep denying it. Really odd, whenever I report a lower level player without a rank, it is usually accepted...
    --- Post updated ---

Take a look at this player. They are trying to play the game but two players decide to move in front. Keep in mind, this is ALLOWED. This post should not be snipped because it is allowed. Additionally; this was reported 3 times; eventually to the head of RC, Toki, who denied it as well and told me this rule won't be changing anytime soon. I need all of your help to make this against the rules so we can have fun and play the game how it is suppose to be played.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 16, 2019
  12. I think its just part of the game to have friends who help you and as you could see in the video the hider was still killed. You could also use the tnt hunter kit to throw some tnt that would kill the hider.

Posted Nov 17, 2019
    FluteVegetables likes this.

13. Take a look at this player. They are trying to play the game but two players decide to move in front. Keep in mind, this is ALLOWED. This post should not be snipped because it is allowed. Additionally; this was reported 3 times; eventually to the head of RC, Toki, who denied it as well and told me this rule won't be changing anytime soon. I need all of your help to make this against the rules so we can have fun and play the game how it is suppose to be pla
    Not all players have access to the TNT kit, many do not not how to parkour to this area, and TNT is slow; sometimes it does not activate properly and does nothing(Mineplex bug). Likewise, this stalls time in the game and is not fair for the other team to deal with having to go back to spawn or do /kill and go all the way back, where the hider may be long gone. It is not the way the game is suppose to be played.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 17, 2019
  14. Hey!
    Yeah, so this is counted as team trolling on Mineplex, and you can see this here: www.mineplex.com/rules

This is what it clearly states under the in-game section: Purposely trying to frustrate or to ruin the game for others.
    This is the definition given for the rule Gameplay Trolling.

So yeah. If you do happen to find anyone performing such actions, try and record it like the video above, and report it here: www.mineplex.com/report

Posted Nov 17, 2019
  15. Again, this video was reported 3 times, and denied each time. The third time by Toki, The RC leader, who did not seem to agree with her own rule...
    --- Post updated ---
    Take a look at this conversation. I am not saying Toki is a bad person, but the answers I get simply do not make any sense regarding "purposely trying to frustrate the game for other players"

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 2, 2019 at 7:56 PM
  16. Strangely enough when I was playing on BH I also saw Hynesti doing something similar, it frustrated me but I didn't realize it was against the rules.

Posted Dec 4, 2019 at 10:03 PM