• 676 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8423 Players Online
  • 7747 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Blockhunt is broken and there's nothing fun about being a hunter

Discussion in 'Block Hunt' started by SilhoueX, May 31, 2021.

?

How would you like to see this handled?

This poll will close on Jun 28, 2021 at 8:51 PM.
  1. Nothing. I like how things are.

41.7%
  2. Temporary shield upon respawn

25.0%
  3. Tank kit w/ the tnt rocket launcher

8.3%
  4. Tank kit w/ the rapid fire crossbow

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Nerf Shock kits

16.7%
  6. Remove Shock kits

8.3%
  1. Blockhunt as we know is intended to be a hide and seek mode where the hiders have some ability to defend themselves and get away. Too many gangs of players (I mean gangs) are taking advantage of the fact that hiders hold a massive advantage over hunters if they gang up. Even tnt is practically useless against them. It's far too common. 4 or 5 players will invade a lobby and the result is the whole round stays fixed at 2 or 3 hunters as they just give up and quit. Then some of the hiders get transferred to hunters and then THEY quit. These gangs of players are such poor sports that when you DO kill them they quit immediately rather than engage their squad. How many of those hunters who left fed up won't be back? How many next month?

There's a few possible solutions to this;

1. Hunters are immortal for 30 seconds after spawning.

2. Add a hunter kit that can't be stunned or pushed. i.e. "Tank" kit. Give it extra armor too. Then the hiders have no choice but to retreat.

3. TNT Rocket launcher - maybe something to give the "Tank" kit. The hunters need some kind of offensive answer to hiders from flooding spawn. If not a rocket launcher maybe you could have a rapid fire crossbow.

You'll want to do something soon. How long can this go ignored before only your most toxic players remain?

Posted May 31, 2021
    QuikMiner, Muffins and Paladise like this.
  2. Hey there!

I personally quite like the feature of the hiders being able to defend themselves against hunters, and attack them furthermore. The fact hiders have no armour and start off with a wooden axe, over a hunter with full iron, leaping abilities and so on, I think it makes it balanced. I agree the objective of the game is to hide and stay alive from hunters, and so people ganging up is a strategy - I wouldn't say this should be stopped.

As to the immortality of hunters for 30 seconds into the game, I think its unfair that the hiders can be hunted and not fight back at all. Especially if they were spotted hiding off spawn, they couldn't do anything to defend themselves or get away efficiently, therefore I have to disagree with this idea.

I think the idea about the kit would be interesting, perhaps if hunters took little kb from perhaps bows, it'd be an interesting feature.

As for the tnt rocket launcher, spawn is protected from TNT for a particular reason, so that hiders can respawn again. And I don't think there is a problem with hiders rushing spawn, because hunters can out armour, out heal and out team the hiders.

It would be nice to see a future update in blockhunt though, some interesting ideas you had!

Posted Jun 1, 2021
  3. The most efficient way to deal with a lot of hiders attacking you at once is shoot them with your bow. Bows deal a lot of damage to hiders and once you have hit two arrows I guarantee that they will retreat.
    Having said that, and considering that hiders have no armor whilst hunters do, I do not think that anything needs to be done about this. Hunters already have an advantage over hiders in melee if you keep in mind the armor difference (and the weapon difference at the beginning of the game).
    30 seconds is a long time, and some maps are not that large. This would be very unfair towards the hiders team in case that they are spotted within those 30 seconds.
    This is basically Anti Knockback and it would make the hunter pretty much unkillable. The point of the game is not to make Hunters invincible, but rather make them beatable whilst at the same time forcing hiders to play smart in order to beat them due to the gear difference.
    Hunters already have a bow that deals around 3-3.5 hearts to hiders (which have player hitboxes if you shoot them) if decently charged. I do not think that this is necessary if we keep in mind that the bow does a lot of damage already.

Overall, if you practice your archery skills and block hunt gamesense I guarantee that you will notice how easy it is to kill those hiders using your bow and taking cover so that they cannot bow spam you and upgrade their weapon doing so.

Posted Jun 1, 2021
    QuikMiner likes this.
  4. I feel maybe for the bows (hider) since sometimes there can be a group of chickens that keep spawn killing the seekers that there could be maybe a 1-2 second cool down.

Posted Jun 1, 2021
  5. Alternatively, you could make the uncharged arrows do no dmg and not shock you (if they're the shocker hider), which would be nice. Also, as an ipad player, it takes an entire half second click to start charging the bow which makes bow spamming not viable, while on pc its a button thats almost instantaneous, making it debilitating to be on mobile. the disparity between pc and mobile is always obvious, but nerfing bow spamming would make it better.

Posted Jun 1, 2021
  6. The only issue I have with Block Hunt right now is the instant hider. The kit quite literally turns vanished (not invisible, literally vanished IE they don't exist in the game for a few seconds) while also giving all of the hunters within a certain radius blindness for several seconds. It allows them to easily avoid entire packs of hunters and there's nothing they can do about it since 1. the hider is vanished and 2. the hunters have blindness.
    Frankly, I have never been a fan of this kit's added "feature." The kit already insta-hides. That is the kit's ability. Why would you import the ability from sneaky assassins and add it to this kit? It's a defensive kit, yet it is more capable of killing hunters and avoiding being killed than the kit literally made for attacking hunters (shocker hider).
    But that's just my two cents.
    -Dan
    P.S.
    The hunter achievement kit is also worthless. It's made to "stun hiders from running away," yet its stun laser is barely faster than a player's walking speed and is drastically slower than a player's sprinting speed. Additionally, the ability only works if it hits the player's actual hitbox (not the hitbox of the block they are disguised as), which leads to frustration when going against any solid blocks as the block hitbox just eats the laser you shot.
    I feel like the laser should be as fast as the sniper kit's snipe gun is in paintball (and that you should have to sneak to charge it to be able to get it to shoot at its top speed). Additionally, if the laser hits the entity of the players' disguise, its effect should still be applied to the hider (IE if it hits the melon block, the hider is stunned). Doing so also has the added benefit of adding a strategy to the disguise you choose. A chicken's hitbox is drastically smaller than that of a flower pot (or any block, for that matter). The laser's speed can be countered by players who play offensively due to the chicken's smaller hitbox (and yes, the effect should only be applied upon hitting the hitbox of the hider's disguise and not the player's actual hitbox).
    And one more thing: hunter arrows (and the stun laser) should ignore the hitboxes of other hunters (or, at least, within a certain range for the arrows - not for the stun laser since it's an ability and has a cooldown, making getting it eaten by a hunter extremely toxic). This allows other hunters to be able to provide long-range support to comrades (and also makes it far less annoying when you've got the perfect shot lined up on that dang chicken and some random leaper hunter just jumps in and eats your arrow).

Posted Jun 1, 2021,
    Last edited Jun 1, 2021
    QuikMiner, Fusafez, Cakeys and 2 others like this.
  7. he's a bedrock player

Posted Jun 3, 2021
    crazygeek516 likes this.
  8. Hello! I agree with the bottom options that the shock kit should be nerfed or removed due to the literal inability for the hunter to fight back. As long as the hider gets a hit in, they could constantly combo the hunter. Additionally, I am a bit sensitive to light, so seeing my screen jitter up and down gives me a massive headache and I'm sure I can't be alone.

TigerGoesGrr

Posted Jun 3, 2021
    QuikMiner likes this.
  9. shocker hider is incredibly easy to beat, use your bow or simply learn the pattern of how to fight using an axe. As I became a better hunter, shocking hider became much easier to hit; the kit also has no armour, making them around a 3-hit kill. Shocker hider also doesn't do much knockback to the hunter, meaning it's easier to get closer to a shocker hider. The only kit that needs nerfing imo is the instant hider kit

Posted Jun 4, 2021
    QuikMiner and Danese like this.
  10. Knockback immunity for 10 seconds

Posted Jun 4, 2021
  11. Having a sort of immunity would be a beneficial way of countering some flaws.
    Also the kit "Tank" seems like a pretty cool feature :)

Posted Jun 4, 2021
    QuikMiner likes this.
  12. Exactly, so few people realize that arrows treat disguised players as if they had a normal player hitbox, it's honestly so easy to just bowspam them to death.

Posted Jun 10, 2021
  13. Its all about the mind. Its like those ewok skins that are so small, even though the hitbox does not change, we still try to hit the small character that we see.

Posted Jun 10, 2021
    StyxKiller03 likes this.
  14. But it makes it much harder for Hiders to dodge the arrows, as even if they move a bit they might still get hit.

Posted Jun 10, 2021
  15. Or it might make it easier to dodge, if you played it right

Posted Jun 10, 2021
  16. ^this
    I'm not gonna repeat what everyone else is saying but I do like the tank kit idea, or maybe some kind of temporary knockback immunity for hunters like @CatFan105 suggested

Posted Jun 11, 2021
    Danese likes this.
  17. HMMM?
    o ya, that, I agreee
    Just temporary resistance to jnockback so I t is still viable, just not overpowerd

Posted Jun 13, 2021
    QuikMiner likes this.
  18. on your account i see bedrock but no java, I'm guessing your talking about bedrock?

i agree being hunters is not fun ,I only play hiders, my spots on 25% of the maps wins 99.99% of time and 75% of the maps 100% of the time, so ez wins rights? but while being a hunter and nearly everyone quitting and being pretty much a solo hunter while being ganged by 10 chickens and not being able to get hits....

1) Hunters are immortal for 30 seconds after spawning.
    1: spawn killing may happen, when i find a hider and get killed i can rush to them in seconds and kill them and this would just help me not die again
    2: could be a shorter time but ends faster once you leave spawn or shoot/or hit or even walk?

2) armor kit is a good idea actually, why?
    1: it can help fighting army's of bow spamming chickens
    2: make a fair fight against solo hiders
    3: stop me from destroying all the hunters all the time

3) TNT ROCKETS, i can see this happening but
    1: It needs to do more damage to actually damage hiders
    2: could be bigger?
    3: make a sound when it damages a hider

4) my ideas
    1: start with more hunters, it could cause less players to quit
    2: faster starting times cause some players quit due to using /findgame and playing faster

Posted Jun 21, 2021 at 9:42 AM
  19. I have an idea to make hinting easier, no knockback while leaping
    Its super annoying when you leap and immediately get shot with an arrow
    I would know from experience, cause I'm that one guy who always queues for hunter

Posted Jun 21, 2021 at 9:51 AM