• 319 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8757 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Block Hunt

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by RavenclawGirl60, Sep 22, 2019.

?

Do you like Block Hunt?

1. Yes! It’s AWESOME! Needs no fixing!

62.5%
  2. No, It’s lame, I honestly don’t care

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Yes, but it could use fixing

37.5%
  4. No, but I would like it better if it got fixed

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. It’s IMPOSSIBLE for hunters! The maps are so HUGE! And the hiders LITERALLY just have to freeze and then wait for five minutes! You should have to swap form or move every minute or SOMETHING because it’s WAY too easy and SUPER boring! Vote whichever of the 4 options best applies to you!

Posted Sep 22, 2019
  2. The maps arent really that big

Posted Sep 22, 2019
  3. Hunters and hiders winning are 50/50 throughout the games I have played. If the hunters play as a team, spread out, and coordinate their attacks they will likely win. Even if the game was broken, non of the fixes you suggested would help. The instant and shocking hider can only swap form once, thus forcing players to go swapper hider to even have a chance. Moving every minute does little to no benefit for hunters as you can just jump or stagger over 1 block, return to your original spot and that would count.

Report a User | Report a Bug | Apply For Java Trainee | Rules| My Profile

Posted Sep 22, 2019
  4. It’s good you’ve had fun with it, but I think it still could improve

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 22, 2019
  5. Esp is the only thing that ticks me off about block hunt, other than that I think the game is in a pretty solid place (although radar is slightly op, and taser is up)

Posted Sep 22, 2019
    Xukuri, SpookVegetables and _Prof_ like this.
  6. You guys have junk like radar and esp. Also, some maps are really easy for hunters

Posted Sep 22, 2019
    SpookVegetables likes this.
  7. I honestly don’t see a problem with the balancing of teams here. In the majority of my games, hunters usually have a fair chance to win and find the hiders. Of course it can be improved (as can everything else), but this isn’t very realistic. Like others have said, the solutions listed in this thread wouldn’t do much to help out the hunters here, as players could just slightly move to avoid being spotted. With your team being somewhat coordinated, there’s definitely a good chance for them to win! Maybe you haven’t encountered teams like that and have had bad luck, but I assure that it’s very possible to win as a hunter.

I also don’t see how the bigs are that big to be honest. It is possible that a couple of them could be, but even that wouldn’t justify changing the game to make it easier for the hunters to win. Maps that cause these problems would probably just be removed, if there are maps that are too big of course! Just try to get your team to spread out and that should help a ton c:

Posted Sep 22, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.
  8. Yes, some maps are really big and greatly favor hiders. GI has requested for specific maps to be made smaller.

Posted Sep 23, 2019
  9. Radar is good how do u think hunters find the last 2 or 3 hiders we scout the map with radars its more efficient

Posted Sep 24, 2019
    SpookVegetables and Xukuri like this.
  10. It's very possible for hunters to win. If you have a good, knowledgeable team, they can cover the map most likely in less time than you have on the timer. Players are given the option to frequently move and even if they don't, winning is basically 50/50.

Posted Sep 24, 2019
  11. Hello!

First off, I really enjoy Block Hunt. I think it is creative. Just the thing is, the maps aren't as big. Some of the games I played I got found, and usually getting chased. Others, all I have to do is sit there if I find such a good spot that is really sneaky. I have to disagree, because a lot of games that I was hunter I usually at least find one person that I am usually chasing.

Have a good rest of your day/night!

Posted Sep 24, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.