• 3999 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 12437 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Block Hunt Tournament

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by RepulsiveAcidicToxicSnake, Feb 7, 2019.

?

Would you like this to happen?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. I have an idea which is that Mineplex should hold a BH tournament.

The way that you win in the tournament is by being one of the first 10 players to complete an objective. By doing this, the player gets a reward. I haven't figured out what the rewards would be.

The tournament should be held over the course of 1 month OR LONGER.

Objectives:

1) Meow 3,000 times. (On average at least 100 a day)

2) Shoot 1,500 fireworks. (On average at least 50 a day)

3) Kill 900 hiders. (On average at least 30 a day)

4) Kill 300 hunters. (On average at least 10 a day)

5) Morph 3,000 times. (On average at least 100 a day)

6) Infest 3,000 times. (On average at least 100 a day.

7) Run 45,000 blocks as a hider. (On average at least 1,500 a day)

8) Shoot 3,000 arrows where each arrow hit a hunter. (On average at least 100 a day)

Posted Feb 7, 2019,
    Last edited Feb 8, 2019
    xOeuf likes this.
  2. Hai :D
    That's pretty interesting. I feel like this would promote the mini-game and possibly push players to try new games in general. Block hunt is a fun game and I believe that many players would really enjoy this type of competition. The only problem I see here is development: I don't think the devs would let this pass, due to players gaining an 'advantage' over others upon winning. The rewards allow a permanent gain in XP/gems/shards from the resources gained (meows/fireworks), and I feel that along with being somewhat unfair, would also take time in developing which Mineplex might not see as worthy for investment. Instead of those, maybe some illuminated chests as a rewards or something else like a small cosmetic might make it worth Mineplex's while to undergo such an event.
    That's a really original idea, though, I like the fact that instead of duking it out in a match, players compete for in-game stats!

Big Oeuf points,
    -High <3

Posted Feb 7, 2019
  3. ImTooHigh, the reward is NOT permanent
    --- Post updated ---
    Yeah, I guess the rewards are a bit unfair. However, I do believe the objectives and the idea itself is pretty good. Thank you for the feedback, I'll update the rewards.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 8, 2019
  4. Hiya!
    I think that the tournament idea is great however I think that you wouldn't get enough participants with the objectives being as high as they are at the moment. I think that these objectives need to be lowered. Otherwise you just wouldn't have enough players to make it worth while. Hopefully some more people respond to this post and I look forward to participating if it does go ahead!
    - Tomeroo

Posted Feb 8, 2019
  5. Hey! I like the idea. It is similar to one of mine. The only question I have is why block hunt? That game can be very slow and It's more of a game when you don't feel like doing much. I don't know that's just my opinion.

Posted Feb 8, 2019
  6. Tomeroo, the objectives are supposed to be kinda high as it should only be achievable by decently skilled BH players instead of anyone such as a person who has never played BH in their life time. Also the objectives are not too difficult. The only one that is kinda difficult is the killing 900 hiders. The rest are reasonably fair.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 8, 2019