• 1033 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9471 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion [Block Hunt] Taser Kit

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by Danese, Jul 21, 2019.

1. Hi,
    Personally, I find the idea of a taser kit quite useful. If executed correctly, this kit can significantly help the hunters while chasing a hider who has a hyper axe and keeps dodging all of them.
    However, as it stands, this kit is completely and utterly useless in the role it currently serves.
    The point of the kit:
    As stated on the kit's description "Stun the running Hiders to catch up to them with this powerful taser!"
    Effectiveness:
    First of all, let me start by saying that the laser, the projectile-like particle beam that is shot out of the sword by right-clicking, is only a TAD bit faster than the normal sprinting speed of a player. In fact, I would argue it is actually a bit slower. Why? Whenever I shoot the particle at a hider... who is RUNNINg away from me, I usually end up outrunning the particle beat itself.
    If the kit's purpose is to "stun" hiders who are "running," then why is the particle beam so incredibly slow?
    The particle beam is so slow, that a hider who is running normally will 9.9999/10 times unintentionally dodge the particle beam JUST BY RUNNING. The only time the beam is actually able to be used on a hider is when there is a hider who is standing completely still. In fact, the beam is so useless, that it would be more effective to just shoot the hider with arrows rather than try and use this beam on them while they are running away from you.
    At its current state, the kit's description should be "prevent hiders from running away with this incredibly slow but effective particle beam."
    And, with that description, it would be more effective to use ANY of the other kits to find and kill hiders than this kit. The only ability that makes this kit worth using is completely useless in most situations. It's not a support kit, as most achievement kits should be, as it is completely unable to stop a hider who is just walking in a path that is not a 100% straight line continuously.
    How to make this kit work:
    This kit has SO MUCH potential! It's really quite sad that, in order to see this kit be effective in any sense, we will have to wait yet another year for another update to block hunt to see this kit meet its full potential, even if the ideas used to balance the kit aren't mine...
    Anyways; What I propose is quite simple!
    Just like in super paintball, with the sniper kit, to use the taser, you hold down "shift." Your screen narrows down so you can accurately shoot your opponent. The speed of the particle is the exact same speed as the sniper particle in Super Paintball. The particle does everything that it currently does. The difference is, the particle goes through any and all hunters that are in front of it.
    Why?
    1. This will allow the particle to be used from a decent distance and be able to catch up with the hider
    2. This balances the kit, as it makes it a supporting kit, and assists the hunters in trying to catch up to the hider
    3. By allowing the particle to go through hunters, the player using this kit does not waste their particle beam when they have the perfectly aligned shot... and a Leaper player leaps in front of him. Come on, we all know this! You've got the perfect shot lined up and some guy runs in front of you trying to catch up to the hider and absorbs the projectile you were trying to shoot!
    4. Though the speed of the particle is quite fast, the arch it takes is a straight line. The hider still has a chance of dodging the beam by turning a corner or moving left-to-right; however, if the taser is skilled enough, they can quite easily shoot the hider. This makes the kit useful and prevents it from being overpowered in the slightest.

-Dan

Posted Jul 21, 2019
  2. I agree with this so muchhhhhhhh everytime I play i find them and they run until either they keyboard breaks or until we give up

Posted Jul 21, 2019