• 697 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8578 Players Online
  • 7881 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Block Hunt Suspicious Behavior

Discussion in 'Block Hunt' started by i_do_numbers, May 23, 2021.

1. I used to play Block Hunt a lot, back in the earlier days of the server - it has always been my favorite Minecraft minigame. Recently, I started playing again after several years, and things have changed significantly.

There are a small number of top-level players who have been behaving somewhat strangely:
    -They find every hider in a short time span, regardless of map, location, kit, or disguise
    -They do not check blocks or use radar, but yet run in a straight line from user to user, with near perfect accuracy

Back when I used to play, this would be a sign of a blatant cheater, but when I attempted to report one of these players, many staff and other users mocked and harassed me in chat for it, on the assumption that I should have known they were playing legitimately.

I have tried several methods (as well as some accidental surprises) to avoid being found without some degree of effort from the hunters, and all of them have failed against these players.
    -I've tested the usual strategies (at least those which I am familiar with), such as hiding as a flower pot in wheat, rose-bushes, or hiding as a pot/chicken in trees, and have been found without any searching.
    -I figured it is plausible that these players could have memorized the placement of every block, so I have tried using infestor kit on both commonly infested blocks and arbitrary blocks (such as random blocks in piles, or pots on the ground that would not normally be ideal hiding spots) and every time, they found me immediately. This thus disproves that they are checking only the popular hiding places, or that they are relying on memorization of the map.
    -In these trials, I have not shot at hunters, meowed, or used fireworks, in order to ensure there is nothing traceable that could have revealed my location.
    -In one recent game, I hid in an elevated spot as a flower pot on the map The Museum, and by chance, a natural pig walked in front of me, completely obscuring me from view. To see the pot, one would have to climb the tree branch and move past the pig - I was essentially clipped inside of the mob. Despite this, one of these top-level hunters began attacking the pig (without checking any other blocks or pigs around), and when the pig did not take damage, continued to shoot their bow at the pig at different angles until eventually hitting me.

In conclusion, these hunters seem not to be relying on:
    -Memory of the map,
    -Taunts or bow shots,
    -Common spots, or
    -Line of sight

I am not naming any of these players as reporting users is not allowed in this thread, but I am severely confused and find it quite sad to see my favorite Minecraft minigame effectively unplayable after all these years, as a result of this seemingly impossible skilled group of players, so that brings me to my questions:
    -What is actually going on here?
    -Is there some other method of finding hiders I am overlooking?
    -Possibly any known bugs or exploits that are not bannable/patched?
    -Are there any other things I should test to verify whether these players are legitimate?
    -What proof would I need to collect to definitively prove they are cheating?

Posted May 23, 2021
    XxDarkzPlayzxX and Tanish_ like this.
  2. One thing that many players do not know about is the use of f3+b, a minecraft feature which visualizes hitboxes. unfortunately, the game hasn't been updated in a long long time and is definitely in need of changing the "falling block" mechanic which causes players to have their hitbox show even if they are settled into place (i think this is how it works?). Many players are cheating though, but what I would do is use f3+b as a hunter and see for yourself what happens. If you have evidence of people going straight to you without radar or being in a common spot as an infestor, show me the videos through the forums messages and I'll be able to see if they are cheating or not

Posted May 23, 2021
  3. Posted May 23, 2021
    BeaverFrank likes this.
  4. Hello there,
    Despite the fact that some of your questions have been answered, I would like to elaborate a little more and answer each of your questions specifically so that there are no unsaid things.
    The hunters that you mentioned in this thread have been playing Block Hunt actively for years, and as a result they are aware of every single, if not all of the good spots to hide on the map, and they have also memorized the maps and can notice when there is an extra block where it should not be. Most of the known Hunters are legit players that have just played the game excessively to the point where they notice the smallest things and can win pretty much every single game. The channel of one of those players has been linked above so I suggest checking that out if you wish to watch the games from those Hunters' prespectives.
    Tracking compass is the most effective way to find hiders, other than checking spots that people usually hide in and memorizing the maps so that you can notice if there is an extra block where it should not be. This is a practiced skill and your memory will improve as you play the game. The hitboxes of players who are not infestor kit are also glitched sometimes but I will mention that later.
    If you click F3 and B at the same time you will be able to see the hitboxes of hunters, arrows and some other hitboxes of obstacles on the map. Sometimes, the hitbox of a player hiding on the map glitches and you are able to see it (even if they are a solid block; you are always able to see a player's hitbox when they are running and haven't become a solid block yet), unlike the hitboxes of the normal blocks surrounding that player. I highly suggest enabling hitboxes in order to hunt efficiently. Another thing to keep in mind is that this glitch never happens if you are hiding by using the Infestor kit.
    These questions are quite similar, so I will try to answer them together.
    The best evidence that you can get that somebody is cheating is if you take the Infestor kit and they go straight for you and kill you, whilst ignoring the other blocks around. This evidence is not guaranteed to be sufficient to get someone banned, however, it is most likely the best evidence that you can possibly get that someone is cheating. I suggest getting at least two instances of the same player doing this before making a report on them. This is also a decent way to check if someone is playing legitimately or cheating (keep in mind that luck is a factor and a player does not have to be cheating if they find you when you are using the infestor kit, even without a tracking compass).
    Hopefully I helped, have a great day!

Posted May 24, 2021,
    Last edited May 24, 2021
    Danese likes this.
  5. In reference to your last point, I have done this multiple times - used Infestor kit on various arbitrary blocks, only to be found immediately. I intentionally choose blocks that are somewhat conspicuous, such as those on top of blockpiles, or those flower pots sitting out in the open. I have also tried infesting less conspicuous spots - regardless of where I hide, they are able to run straight towards me from a significant distance and locate me. This should rule out the use of F3+B, memorization, or checking probable hiding spots. I should also mention that I am careful to avoid being seen by other Hiders (who might then die and know where I am) and that these Hunters in question are usually using the Leaper kit, and not the Radar kit. I see some of these high-level players spectating games occasionally, so it is possible they are teaming using spectator mode to find these locations as well.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 24, 2021
    Tanish_ and BeaverFrank like this.
  6. If people find you right away whilst you are using the Infestor kit multiple times, without hitting blocks around you, they could be using an unfair advantage and, in my opinion, multiple videos of a person doing this would be solid evidence to make a forum report with at www.mineplex.com/reports.
    Your report is, of course, not guaranteed to be accepted, however, I highly suggest submitting it once you have obtained multiple instances of players doing this. (I, personally, would try to gather evidence of the player going straight for me and killing me in a pile of random blocks, whilst not using the tracer kit).
    Once you have submitted your report, it will be forwarded to Rules Committee and the staff members on this team will decide whether or not the evidence that you provided is sufficient.

Posted May 24, 2021
    Danese likes this.
  7. Hello I am #5 blok hunter that has never done the cheat or the ghosting. Many of us have like thousands of wins so yeah, we do a memorise and learn players play style to beat them. Ye

Posted May 29, 2021
    FluteVegetables likes this.
  8. I dont know if the maps are smaller on Java, but there are at least 15,000 blocks on each Bedrock map.

Posted May 29, 2021
  9. Java maps are way better then the current bedrock maps

Posted May 29, 2021
    FluteVegetables likes this.
  10. No, they aren't, because everything about Bedrock is better except for the fact that the days have ignored us. Also, are they bigger or smaller?

Posted May 29, 2021
    XxDarkzPlayzxX likes this.
  11. Bigger I’d say

Posted May 29, 2021
  12. the maps on Java are bigger. But block piles have similar patterns and u can just tell when somethings off, I can play through museum, Thames square and a couple other maps like pirate island and cookie town and could probably tell you if a block was a prop or not

Posted May 29, 2021
  13. I'd say this game needs an update since the hitbox issue is game breaking and it just makes the radar kit somewhat pointless. It really ruins the gameplay for many new players or even players who don't use hitboxes. Any old players who come back to the game after a long time just end up hating their favourite game just becuase of some bug that is being exploited. I have faced this after returning and i don't want any future new players to face this too.

Posted May 30, 2021
  14. just hide as a chicken then u no longer have the chance of being bugged ?

Posted May 30, 2021
  15. This is "Block Hunt" and not "Animal Hunt". If everyone turns into a chicken the game would just be pointless.

Posted May 30, 2021
  16. i mean you have most chance surviving as a chicken in block hunt? so why wouldn't you go chicken lol

Posted May 30, 2021
    Jet Starglaze likes this.
  17. Most experienced players already do this. You have a higher chance of winning being a chicken so theres that too lol.

Posted May 30, 2021
  18. 100% and some out out of map exploits are fixed

Posted May 30, 2021
  19. Can confirm not a single hunter win earned on mineplex server was legit, including all of mine

Posted Jun 11, 2021
  20. This.

Posted Jun 11, 2021