• 1445 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 7291 Players Online
  • 5846 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Block Hunt | Remove Radar Hunter

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by Bobtroopo, May 22, 2020.

Tags:
?

Remove Radar Hunter?

1. Yes

2. No

3. Make it less powerful

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. After playing Block Hunt recently, I have found it mildly annoying that radar hunter could basically find any hider. Unlike the rest of the hunter kits: Leaper Hunter, TNT Hunter, and Taser Hunter, radar hunter focuses on mainly finding players and killing them (eliminating the need to chase them). Even though radar hunters are given wooden swords, in a pvp fight between a hider, only shocking hider would be beneficial, while the rest would be rendered useless. Swapper hider will be useless since radars can use their compasses again (if they manage to get away) same as with instant hider. I suggest making radar hunter less powerful or maybe even removing it entirely from the game. For example, radar hunter can be given Slow I, allowing the hunter team to work more as a group, letting leaper hunters help catching hiders.

Feel free to write down any ideas below!

Posted May 22, 2020
  2. Heyo!

I played some block hunt a while back before my break, and this idea actually seems really cool and would help balance things out. The good thing about this idea is about giving the Radar Hunter a disadvantage with slowness or another effect, while also having to keep an advantage with the radar, which would help out balancing it out a lot. This shouldn't really affect the other kits because the Radar Hunter is already quite a powerful kit, and isn't really equivalent to the other kits because of its power. Adding slowness or another effect would help out a lot with balancing this kit. Thanks! Have a great week! :)

Posted May 22, 2020
  3. I don’t think radar should be nerf or removed. Hiders already have 2 maps with a 99% win-rate (Atlantis and Nakoji). Hunters also have 2 maps with a 90% win-rate (Market and Mansion). However the only reason why hunters actually have a chance of winning is because of the radar kit. Take Atlantis as an example, that map is like 1million blocks big and by the time you find a hider, the could just smoke bomb or kill you with shocking hider. Not to mention, the absurd height the building reaches, usually wasting 30 seconds of time to get up for hunters just to get bow-spammed or knocked off. Unless you have remembered all the piles on every map, I’m pretty sure with a radar nerf/removal the balance between hunting and hiding will be broken. You mentioned radar hunters could have slowness 1, but then it would be impossible to do anything, once they reached a player, the hider could just run away or start rotating their position to avoid interacting with radar ticks. Not to mention that hider kits also have their own broken abilities. Infestor hiders could get you to broken spots on the map, Shocking hiders are annoying to kill especially with speed axes, and the fact that 1-2 hits could put you in place and allow them to run, and don’t get me started on smokebombs. Blindness is one thing, but slowness too? YOU ALSO GET MULTIPLE! Most people save their smokebombs till the end, and uses them in the last minute to stall out time.

To sum it up, radar hunters may be annoying but it brings lots of balance to the game. Hiders have 3 overpowered kits, Hunters have 2. The achievement kit for Hunters is actually useful, Taser kit is doodoo. Maps are insanely big, and hiders also have a chicken hitbox. If anything hider kits should be nerfed but that’ll be saved for another story.

Posted May 22, 2020
    Young_Inventor, Dezzy and mab8400 like this.
  4. Crap I accidentally voted yes

Posted May 22, 2020
  5. As someone who's been playing Block Hunt recently, I can definitely see your frustration. Radar Hunters can be super annoying especially when you think you've picked a really good hiding spot. However, I don't think it should be removed, or nerfed for that matter, for a couple of reasons.

For one, I feel like without it, it would be way harder for Hunters to get wins. Hunters would have to rely on clicking every block/animal they come across (or blow up as much as possible with the TnT kit) and hope that whatever block they hit is actually a Hider. Radar Hunter helps eliminate this problem and makes the game more fair to Hunters (in my opinion).

I also think that, even though Radar might seem OP, Hiders do have a good counter for it - that being Shocking Hider. Shocking Hider is a really good kit to have, especially when you've been spotted by a Hunter (in this case, a Radar Hunter) - you can hit them, paralyze them for a few seconds, and while they're paralyzed you can make your getaway.

So yes, the kit can be quite annoying (especially if you're on the receiving end) but I don't really think it should be removed or nerfed.

Posted May 22, 2020
    Young_Inventor and mab8400 like this.
  6. I definitely understand and respect the perspective that you're coming from, it's really frustrating when somebody just uses the radar hunter kit all of the time and kills hiders, but as you correctly said - radar hunter has a very poor defence/offence against hiders besides the actual tracking device!

I'd say about 50% of people I run into in Block Hunt are either pot or chicken shocking hiders, they either go up somewhere high and unreachable in packs and defend each other or they'll sit as a pot somewhere obscure and bowspam anyone that comes near. For this reason, I think the Hiders have a very fair advantage (shocking hider) which not only allows them to hide and change form once but it also allows them to deal very hard to counter attacks.

I can't agree with removal or a nerf of the kit when you consider the benefits of one of the hider kits too!​

Posted May 22, 2020
    mab8400 likes this.
  7. I actually agree with removing radar COMPLETELY! Here's why:

A big problem I've found is that if someone is using a hack where they know where all the hiders are (I don't know what it is called.), then it is very easy to abuse the kit. There should be another kit that costs 5000 gems so that it cannot be abused because it's almost impossible to gather enough evidence of a hacker like this if they are using the kit.

in conclusion, there should be another kit that is on the same level as radar hunter, but cannot be abused by hackers.

Posted May 22, 2020
  8. If someone is using esp or some other hack to find hiders then they wouldn't need radar, in fact using radar instead of leaper while hacking would slow them down.

Posted May 24, 2020
    Szczepankiewicz and kim_crazy like this.
  9. This in itself would entirely ruin Block Hunt as a whole, because even with radar, the advantages that hiders have far outweigh its capabilities. The armor and weapon of the kit are not very good, which is why they make up for it by giving a very useful ability. Radar is fairly simple to counter in most situations, you only need to be a chicken and get maybe ultra axe and use the instant kit's smoke bombs, and you basically either run or kill the hunter (and then run). I heavily disagree with this idea because this would basically mean that any player who doesn't use f3+b would have to literally hit every single possible block on each map. If anything, the kit should be slightly buffed by giving feather falling 1 or something similar. I usually hunt a lot and radar is something I use almost every game. Without it, I would most likely lose over half the games I play even on "Hunter" maps. Don't even get me started on Atlantis...

Posted May 24, 2020
    Young_Inventor and kim_crazy like this.
  10. It was a joke;

Using radar is a perfect way to conceal ESP/ghosting since you can make the excuse of "I was using radar and holding the noteblock"

Posted May 24, 2020
  11. Wait hold up, people actually try to hide in block hunt? I treat it as a pvp game oops.

Posted May 24, 2020