• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10039 Players Online
  • 7149 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Block hunt needs to have a set a range for bow shots (No Bow Spam)

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by TLH_Danny, Jul 29, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Ok Bow spam need to stop in block hunt especially for the hiders, they are at a disadvantage when it comes to bow spam from hunters. Now some may have other opinions but Mineplex I believe in order for both parties meaning (hiders and hunters) to have fun while playing block hunt is to set a range on bows. Now this doesn't mean you can't long shot, of course you should be able to! But what I am saying is the hunters and maybe hiders need to stop bow spamming, and to do that you should make it to where hunters and maybe hiders can't shoot their bow in bow spamming range. Many of hunters (and what a surprise they are all Immortals, btw jk) take advantage of bow spam. Now I am with the hider party and as a hider i believe that since we do not have armor bow spamming should ESPECIALLY not be for hunters, because if take about four bow spam shots in like 1 to 2 seconds we are dead and we can't do anything about it. Now I fight the hunters and many people say " THE WHOLE POINT IS TO HIDE" i don't agree with that because you are given the option to attack the hunters and the way to get a daily win and to get on the pedestal as a hider you have to kill the hunters or if no one does it is completely random. Now the reason why i say maybe both hunters and hiders should have a range to where they can't bow spam is because people have different opinions and people may say it isn't fair. I am defending the Hiders side of the story, but at the same time I try to be reasonable and think what other people are thinking. And I don't think the hunters bow spamming someone in front them is reasonable. I honestly want people to comment on this and share their thoughts. And please feel free to argue because I want to show you what i mean if you don't understand me clearly. But if you unsure of something but you wanna argue on something ask me before you argue on it. And If you think the game is perfectly fine the way it is then this convo isn't for you. But for arguers feel free to do so

Posted Jul 29, 2020,
    Last edited Jul 29, 2020
  2. Hello <o/

I see where you are coming from. As an avid Block Hunt player myself, it annoys me when I die to a hunter due to them bow spamming. With that being said, it doesn't happen often. Why?

• You can go chicken. Chicken have very small hitboxes, far smaller than a normal block, making it hard for hunters to bowspam you accurately.
    • You can go Shocking hider. This will give hunters screen-shake making it harder for them to aim at you.
    • You can run away. Using instant-hider, you can use smoke bomb then proceed to run away, making it bow spamming useless.
    • Finally, you can strafe, dodging their arrows while getting the occasional hit on them.
    Overall, there are a lot of strategies you can use to not die from bow spamming. Making it so hunters can now bow spam while hiders can does not see fair. You bring up the point of hunters having superior armor, but there are a lot of advantages to being a hider as well (see above).

Finally, this seems very difficult to implement. It's built into Minecraft to be able to fire a not fully-charged bow, and does not seem something very easy to undo. Even if Mineplex could, it is currently short on Developers (with 3 having left in the past month) and is at the point where more pressing bugs should be fixed first. While you bring up the counter-argument that hiders and hunters are both given weapons such as bows and axes, the main goal of the game is to hide and seek. Fighting back should only be a last-resort. You state that the only way to win as a hider is by killing hunters, but you win as a hider by simplying staying alive. Furthermore, you increase yoru chances of getting MVP by using your fireworks and meows. Sadly, I'm going to have to give this idea a -1.

Posted Jul 29, 2020,
    Last edited Jul 29, 2020
    FluteVegetables likes this.
  3. you are giving my argument and my reasoning a -1 not my idea which you are only able to shoot your bow in non-spamming range. You talk about the bows and the spam but not the central idea. Also i said this Idea can be applied to either just hunters or both.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 29, 2020
  4. Bobtroopo also when you said that the main point of the game is to hide as hider, the way to get a daily win and to get on the pedestal as a hider is to kill the hunters. Im a player that ups my stats on hider kills and hiders in general.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 29, 2020
  5. bad

Posted Jul 29, 2020