• 466 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8904 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Block hunt map I'm working on

Discussion in 'Build Showcase' started by Cri_, Sep 21, 2019.

1. So basically I'm making a nuclear misisle testing criminal site thing disguised as a run down billionaires mansion on a private island. This is my first time making a map for something besides looks so I really need advice when it comes to gameplay.

https://imgur.com/a/RTnhGSm

Also I need staff to answer this : Would it be possible to have players be able to become pressure plates?

Posted Sep 21, 2019,
    Last edited Sep 21, 2019
    SpookVegetables likes this.
  2. Great backstory to the build man. It always makes a build way more interesting when you can interpret meaning behind the making of the build and what you're playing on. Only thing I have to say is maybe try posting screenshots without shaders on. It makes judging your build and giving feedback a lot easier. Every good build will showcase great technique in just the basic texture pack of Minecraft and without shaders. I really like how you've focused on the environment around the build just as much as on the build itself. It gives it way more depth. I recommend maybe putting some trees around to spice things up a bit. Also what gamemode are you specifically making this map for? It's great to have an idea in mind for what you're making so your can make adjustments appropriately. Overall great job though!

Posted Sep 22, 2019
  3. The gamemode I'm making it for is literally the first thing in the title, also I'm gonna add trees so dont worry

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 22, 2019
  4. Howdy!

I can't comment too much on map aesthetics because the shaders mask a lot of the things I could comment on. Plus you have a texture pack on. As for having custom blocks, if you checkout the map guidelines you can see the way to add custom things. I don't necessarily recommend pressure plates based on the shapes, but that would be determined in testing.

You can find the Block Hunt map guidelines here: https://www.mineplex.com/threads/block-hunt.93/

Posted Sep 22, 2019
  5. Those are some old screenshots, Ill take new ones without a texture pack and shaders

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 22, 2019