• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 7080 Players Online
  • 4190 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Block Hunt Ideas

Discussion in 'Bedrock Ideas' started by JDT2008, Jul 29, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Hello.

I have a few suggestions for the Block Hunt game (on bedrock).

1. Make the timer visible to players, so they know how much time is left.

2. Maybe take away the water damage, as it's really annoying.

3. Add the kit "Speedster" for the hunters team. The kit includes: Full gold armor, Stone Sword, and a speed 2 effect for the entire game.

This is my first time posting a thread or whatever it's called. Thanks!

Posted Jul 29, 2020
    Danese likes this.
  2. I completely agree with most of these:

1. Yep, should've been like that from the start

2. Perhaps make water damage only for Hiders instead, for some maps the Hunters spawn around water and is annoying.

3. This kid could be seen as a bit op compared to other ones so maybe as an achievement kit?
    But the kit itself is a great idea!

Posted Jul 29, 2020
  3. Hi! I'd like to firstly say, welcome to the forums c=

As for your proposals;

As far as I'm aware this is already a feature existing on the scoreboard in-game. However, if you mean to have the timer visualized more, I would totally see where you're coming from. Maybe an action bar to show the real-time timer with a bar that goes down gradually. Or maybe on the boss bar, would be awesome! I think it would allow for not only a more visually appealing timer, but also more accurate as a whole throughout the game - as I know nearing the end of the game the timer is pretty accurate.

Not sure about bedrock, but for Java,, hunters already don't take water damage afaik, but as for hiders... Now, whilst yes, it is annoying. Removing water damage would allow for game-breaking hiding spots. I believe the map is called Frozen Outpost (correct me if I'm wrong) but there's a stream that flows through the icey map with a ship at the estuary. It would be totally broken if a hider could go underwater along there completely out of sight from the hunters.

The kit seems a little useless compared to the pre-existing kits. The only time I'd see a use in this kit is for chasing down a running hider, but I think that it would make it too easy - which I believe is one reason why the Leaper kit is used for this. Leaping means you can get maybe one or two guaranteed hits, but you're not guaranteed to catch up to the hider immediately, which gives the hider a chance at getting away. I also think that a speed 2 kit would make the axe boosts obsolete, which ruins a huge part of the game. IMO, the kits are fine as they are, but maybe if an exceptionally good idea comes along, I may be tempted to +1 it, but as of now that's not that case.

Posted Jul 29, 2020
    ScarletBlood37 likes this.
  4. 1. The timer idea was accepted because I already submitted it. (https://www.mineplex.com/threads/add-hunt-timer.132176/)
    2. It's unlikely that a hider damage in the water will change, so if hiders swim out of the map.
    3. The "Speedster"kit gives Hunter too much advantage.
    As a blockhunt leaderboard players, I think it would be nice to add a timer.
    Another idea is -1

Posted Aug 6, 2020
    Gamer9689 likes this.