• 1213 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6039 Players Online
  • 4826 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

[Block Hunt] Forensicist Hunter Kit

Discussion in 'New Kit Discussion' started by Chameebling, May 23, 2020.

1. Info: this kit is designed to be similar to the radar hunter where it has abilities to locate hiders, but it can help with hiders that constantly run around where radar becomes useless. It has weak sides from a radar where it cannot signify that a hider is nearby through a wall.

Cost:
    Achievement Kit

Armor: Full Leather Armor Colored White

Weapon: Stone Axe

Ability: Black Light
    Item: Blue Stained Glass Pane

When hiders move around, they leave invisible footprints that last for 25 seconds. They do not leave footprints when standing still or airborne.

When the glass pane is held, particles will show where the footprints are and their color will fade from light blue to gray which shows how long ago the footprints have been created, therefore, showing trails of where hiders ran away to.

Holding the glass pane will give the player Slowness 1 and Blindness.

The ability will be disabled for the first minute.

Possible Issues:
    None

Also Possible:
    - Replace this kit with the current Taser Hunter Kit

Posted May 23, 2020,
    Last edited May 24, 2020
  2. I love the idea of this kit! It can be really frustrating when hiders constantly run which makes the radar kit seemingly useless in this situation. I really like how creative this kit is, not only is it really well thought out but it's also really well balanced with the other kits and it's very unique. At first I thought having footsteps for 45 seconds would be too long, but with a lot of hiders running around it actually balances the kits really nicely together because you still have to trace down a set of footsteps among a lot of other sets. Additionally, I like the slowness effect but I would have one idea here; make it so holding the glass pane for longer increases the effect of slowness. Personally, I think this may help with it being a little too over-powered in some cases. For example, if there's only one hider left you could easily use the kit to find them, however, making the slowness increase would help with that. It might also be beneficial to add a low effect of blindness if you hold the item for longer than 45 seconds to a minute. Lastly, what ideas do you have for how someone would achieve this kit? I think killing a certain number of hiders or something along those lines would make a lot of sense considering the general idea of the kit. Let me know what you think and great idea!

Posted May 23, 2020
    Young_Inventor likes this.
  3. Heyo!

I really like this idea, and I hope it can be added. I have a few things to add to your idea though. I feel like having the particle lasting 45 seconds is a little too long, and it should be shortened to maybe between 20-30 seconds. 45 seconds sounds like A little too long and would be a little unfair. Other than that the idea actually seems pretty cool, and would be a great addition to the game. Hopefully it is not too hard to implement into the game, and with a few changes it should be a great addition. Thanks! Have a great week! :)

Posted May 23, 2020
    Marzie and PROSTONE like this.
  4. I like your idea about gradually increasing the slowness, but the user can keep switching hotbar slots and bypass the slowness, therefore just having slowness 1 can be enough since the hiders have axe boost. Further increasing the slowness means that the kit becomes more immobile and you want a hunter kit that can run around the map in the given amount of time properly.

What the hunter has to work on is when to view the particles because when there is 1 hider left and time is running out, you want to use it in locations other hunters have checked and not have the slowness which wastes valuable time.

I don't think there would be a change to the achievements and this kit kind of has to be buffed or else there is no point in getting achievements for games.

A hider can run a length of a block hunt map in 45 seconds, meaning that reducing the time to 30 seconds can help. I initially thought of 30 seconds and found that insufficient but the age of the footprints can help hunters find hiders if they go through a shortcut while they're running.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 24, 2020
    Unknitsun and 0775 like this.
  5. This kit is very creative, however it doesn't consider the potential issues and how it is practically esp in the game.

Within the first 45 seconds, you can head to hider spawn multiple times and follow some hiders straight away and B-line for them killing them. I like the idea of a kit that is directly to compete with the hiders who run around the map for 6 minutes and rarely are detected by a radar, but this would be far too overpowered within the first 45 seconds as you know a central point all hiders were at and can follow a trail which most hiders went to within the first 45 seconds. If this kit were to have potential there would have to be a time limit in-which they can't detect a hider, such as you cant detect a hider until the first minute has passed.

This removes the fact of "block hunt" where it is hide and seek, you can just follow the trail.
    I feel this kit would be too much and too easy especially in the first minute.

if this kit were to happen, it would also have to have a lot weaker armour than gold and chain as you can practically follow a hider easily so it'll have to have a nerf in another area potentially giving it the weakest armour of all kits could help.

Posted May 24, 2020
  6. Changed footprint time from 45 to 30 seconds. Added a feature to disable the ability for the first minute.

If we were to add something like leather armor, the kit would be too easy to kill them with hyper axe making those hiders impossible to kill.

OP OP
  7. Hey!
    This is a really interesting kit idea, and I like it. As others mentioned, 45 seconds seemed too long to me, but I like the reduced time of 30 seconds, and lowering that to 20 might not hurt either. I also agree with Unknitsun in saying that the longer you hold and use the glass pane, the slowness effect should gradually grow in power. This kit had the potential to be way too overpowered, and I think reducing the time, and adding the slowness could be a good balance. I also entirely agree with this being the Achievement kit if it were to be added.
    I like the idea of the kit, its interesting for sure, I just believe there's the risk of this kit being slightly too overpowered, and I think the kit's ability should be deactivated for the first 45 seconds to a minute of the game to allow the hiders to get a place. Without this, it would be incredibly easy to abuse this to know exactly where the hiders spawned, and the common path they would take. So I agree with the choice of disabling the ability for the first minute. I also like the armour distribution and weapon choice. It seems to be pretty weak on that front and would do a good job of reducing the overpowering success of this kit. So in the end, I'm interested at least, although I'm also interested to hear what others have the say about it.

Posted May 24, 2020
  8. Block Hunt is very similar to hide and seek, but it also has aspects of tag. One of these aspects is the ability for Hiders to run in an attempt to lose the Hunters. If the Hunters could see where the Hiders are going based on footsteps, this would become almost impossible. Even through walls, the Hunter would be able to see the footprints going through a doorway or the like. The moments where a Hider can juke a Hunter and escape are quite brief on most maps, so these moments would be completely eliminated when facing this kit, which would likely be used quite a lot because of this fact. A good chunk of the fun in Block Hunt comes from trying to escape a Hunter or trying to find a Hider that is fleeing, and this kit would simply make the latter too easy to be fun. Even with Slowness I, they could very easily quickly hold it to see which doorway, opening in the floor, etc. the Hider went through, then switch off of it to move at full speed. Even if they were to keep the slowness for x seconds after switching off of it, the duration of the footprints is just too long for this debuff to balance the kit. They'd be able to see the final footprint and catch up.

Every kit needs a weakness, and like BlueFlash said, the kit would definitely need worse armor than suggested. The ability to completely track a Hider as described above is quite powerful, so the Hider would effectively be unable to escape. Having this type of Hunter also be strong enough to combat the Hider easily removes the Hider's only other option: fighting back. Realistically other Hunters would also be nearby and could follow the Hunter, completely removing any chance the Hider has at both escaping and fighting.

Overall this idea is quite thought out, but I do not think that it would be in the best interests of the game to implement. It overlaps with radar's niche of tracking Hiders, has a very low skill floor, and is just in general overpowered in a game where a major aspect is trying to flee. I do not think this kit would be fun for many Hunters either, as it removes the fun of chasing a fleeing Hider down.

Posted May 24, 2020,
    Last edited May 24, 2020
  9. What we can do to prevent this much of an advantage is to add blindness when holding the glass pane so that you have to think better when using the kit. Since you main on the hider team, I can probably see that you are biased against having new hunter kits.

We can change the armor to full leather armor that has a white color to resemble a lab coat.

OP OP
  10. I was actually a Hunter main prior to Hunter wins being counted, and likely still would be today if UUID was not still a factor in who gets to be on the Hunter team. Before about 2 years ago, they simply counted as losses. I am not opposed to adding things on the Hunter team, and I actually wish to see certain Hunter kits buffed, and a Hider kit nerfed (and openly express this in game). Additionally, as you can see, DC_20 is a Hunter main, and agrees with my above post. If even a Hunter main thinks it is not a good fit for the game, I do not see how my views are biased.

Posted May 24, 2020,
    Last edited May 24, 2020
    BlueFlash, awaitable and Nicodami like this.
  11. You can see above he was not being biased and was giving a fair assessment of a kit, this is not an effective way of listening to constructive criticism on an idea by shutting it down as he plays as a hider aswell as a hunter.
    by that logic it can be argued the same as you have roughly 300 hider wins and 100 hunter wins. This is not valid for arguing against problems with an idea publicly proposed

Posted May 24, 2020
  12. I said that he was probably biased and was not insisting that he was which is how you took it as an argument.

That was meant to simply confirm if he was biasing or not.

OP OP