• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Denied Block Hunt Achievement Kit

Discussion in 'New Kit Discussion' started by Elcarotnuhkcolb, Nov 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elcarotnuhkcolb

Elcarotnuhkcolb

I am making my kit have a Grim Reaper / death theme to it.

Name of Kit:
    - Reaper Hunter

Outfit:
    - Full black leather armor with each piece having Protection I

Weapons:
    - Infinity Bow
    - Stone Hoe with Sharpness III

Health: Normal (20 HP or 10 hearts)

Blinding Death: An ability that is activated by right clicking the bow that gives the next arrow shot Blindness. If the arrow hits a hider, then that hider gets Blindness for 3 seconds. The cool down of this ability is 12 seconds.

Withering Death: An ability that is activated by right clicking the stone hoe. The ability gives the hoe Wither II until it hits a hider. Once the hoe hits a hider, that hider gets Wither II for 4 seconds. The cool down of this ability is 16 seconds.

Phantomization: This ability is activated by dropping the stone hoe. This ability makes yourself invisible for 10 seconds. The cool down of this ability is 20 seconds. If the hider hits the invisible reaper hunter first, then that hunter instantly loses 5 HP + (the damage from the hider's axe). If the hunter hits the hider first, then that hider gets Slowness II for 2 seconds.

Thanatos's Vision: This ability is passive. The ability allows the reaper hunter to see where a hunter that has been killed BY A HIDER for 8 seconds immediately after said hunter died. Even if the spot where said hunter died is blocked or not visible by the reaper hunter, the reaper hunter can still see it as if they had PropHuntESP but for dead hunters. Also, the reaper hunter can see these spots even from far away. (I think 10 chunks is the maximum render distance on Mineplex).

Posted Nov 2, 2018,
    Last edited Nov 11, 2018 at 1:52 PM
    Puppet On A String likes this.
  2. Puppet On A String

Puppet On A String

Hello!

I've read the kit description and I think it's an intriguing concept, I do like the idea of transparency, but what does it do? I do see the Coming soon: Arrow of Thanatos and Grim Phantomization so please add descriptions, which I assume you will.

Posted Nov 2, 2018
  3. Wiz_Techno

Wiz_Techno

I don't understand, so all this kit does is give you semi-transparency?

Posted Nov 2, 2018
  4. birdygamerXD

birdygamerXD

Will the black armor will have transparency, because black is easy to see in a light map in block hunt

Posted Nov 2, 2018
  5. Elcarotnuhkcolb

Elcarotnuhkcolb

Yes the black armor will have transparency. Also, I am working on what OTHER abilities the kit will have.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 3, 2018
  6. Puppet On A String

Puppet On A String

Hello!

As I've said above I like this idea. I've read the abilities and I like them. Now here are my opinions.

I like this.
    This is such a cool and original ability, however, there needs to be a cooldown this would make it OP.
    I like this too, but I think there should be a maximum amount of block that can be marked.

I like this idea and with a few tweaks, I think this could work. :D

Posted Nov 4, 2018
  7. Elcarotnuhkcolb

Elcarotnuhkcolb

Puppet on a String I made changes based on your feedback. I greatly appreciate it.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 4, 2018
  8. Puppet On A String

Puppet On A String

Your welcome. :D

Posted Nov 4, 2018
  9. Elcarotnuhkcolb

Elcarotnuhkcolb

Puppet what do you think of the new changes?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 4, 2018
  10. Puppet On A String

Puppet On A String

I like them! +1 from me. :D

Posted Nov 4, 2018
  11. Elcarotnuhkcolb

Elcarotnuhkcolb

Can I please get some more feedback. I just don't know if no one is commenting cause the idea is like bad or something. I would greatly appreciate if a player or players who play a decent amount of Block Hunt would provide feedback cause I really want to know if this idea could be implemented.
    --- Post updated --
    Also, I only have like 1 person who has commented on/liked my finalized version of my idea. I don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing.
    --- Post updated ---
    I just really really want to know if this idea is heading anywhere.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 4, 2018
  12. Nicodami

Nicodami

Hey!

I think this idea still needs a bit of tweaking before considering a possible implementation.

As a whole, the concept of the reaper is interesting. However, I’m concerned that full leather armour would make it very weak (4-5 hits with the hyper axe would kill it). Maybe adding a piece of diamond armour somewhere or enchanting everything with protection would help?

Blinding death: this is actually a very nice feature. There isn’t really anything similar to this at the moment, and I believe it would work quite well if it was to be implemented.

Grim Phantomization: Honestly, I’m not sure about this one. The problem is that the Gwen entities are quite noticeable, even though they are translucide. It’s possible that it would make it harder to spot the player from a distance. However,when you get close to hiders they’ll spot you, and it I won’t make much of a difference. I would rather give the kit full invisibility for 2-3 seconds that 12 seconds of semi invisibility, that would seem more efficient imo.

Mark of Thanatos: I don’t really think block marking is very useful. It’s kinda rare to let a hider escape when you find one. If it happens, it’s usually a skilled hider (probably a chicken or pot) that wouldn’t have too much difficulty to fight back and kill you. Otherwise, you can easily catch up with the hider and kill him. While the ability to mark is interesting, I’m not sure it would be popular amongst hunters. Also how would you ‘mark’ hiders? I’m pretty sure the glowing effect isn’t a 1.8 feature, meaning you can’t rely on it.

Overall, you proposed good ideas for a possible achievement kit. I just think some of them need a bit of tweaking and changing in order to improve them. The only main idea I’m not sure about is the Thanatos mark, which I believe won’t be of much use for hunters. That’s where you would need to find another unique feature to replace it.

What about something similar-ish but that could work better: an adapted version of the smell-humans ability in wither assault. If you don’t remember, it’s when a wither clicks its compass, and lines of particles point towards humans. What about adding something like that? The particle trails could be made to only be visible to the reaper, to make it more balanced. That probably needs a bit of work, but that’s more the kind of thing that I would be interested to see in an achievement kit.

Anyway, if you have any other ideas on potential abilities, feel free to suggest them! It definitely feels like there hasn’t been much change in hunter kits in a while, so any suggestions for a new kit are welcomed!

Also please ignore any spelling mistake / grammatical errors I could have made writing this, it’s late and I’m tired. =w=

Nico

Posted Nov 4, 2018
  13. Elcarotnuhkcolb

Elcarotnuhkcolb

Thank will do.
    --- Post updated ---
    May I please get more feedback. I just recently updated my thread.
    --- Post updated ---
    Cough Cough Ideas Team xD
    --- Post updated ---
    Hazeae24 hello?
    --- Post updated ---
    Marzie?
    --- Post updated ---
    May I please have some feedback on my idea.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 5, 2018
    Nicodami likes this.
  14. Puppet On A String

Puppet On A String

What happened to Grim Phantomization?

Posted Nov 5, 2018
  15. Elcarotnuhkcolb

Elcarotnuhkcolb

I decided to get rid of it. However, I may introduce it back.
    --- Post updated ---
    Okay I would like some feedback people. I have changed my thread once again.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 5, 2018
  16. Nicodami

Nicodami

The new system seems a bit overcomplicated... I understand what you want to do, but there's probably a simpler way to do it. However, you seem to forget that normally the ones that need to run away are hiders, not hunters... Normally hunters are stronger than hiders, I'm not sure why you would give an ability to all a hunter to run away. Even if he is against strong hiders, he still has a bow that deals quite a lot of damage!

Posted Nov 6, 2018
  17. Elcarotnuhkcolb

Elcarotnuhkcolb

Nicodami LOL, this ability is not ONLY for running away. It is also for SURPRISING hiders.
    --- Post updated ---
    Also, I changed the ability Phantomization
    --- Post updated ---
    Okay I think I have now finalized my idea. Please EVERY1 check it out!
    --- Post updated ---
    MAY I PLEASE GET SOME FEEDBACK/ CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM. thank you!
    --- Post updated ---
    I made changes to my thread. I would like some feedback. Thank you! :)
    --- Post updated ---
    I would like to know what you guys think of my idea. So please read and comment (constructive criticism only please thx)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 10, 2018 at 3:56 PM
  18. MCCharity

MCCharity

Hey, thanks for the suggestion!

The Ideas Team has previously discussed this idea, and we've concluded again that we will not be accepting this idea. Overall, the kit is very complex, has additions like marking that aren't necessary, and is a simply the Radar Hunter kit except much more powerful.

Thank you for taking the time to submit your suggestion, we appreciate your ideas.

If you have any other questions you are welcome to PM me at any time.

- Thread Locked

Posted Nov 11, 2018 at 9:54 PM
    ssnip likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.