• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Block Hunt Achievement Kit For Hunters' Team: Poison Hunter

Discussion in 'New Kit Discussion' started by VenomousRoyalty, Nov 25, 2018.

1. VenomousRoyalty

VenomousRoyalty

- Poison

- The Poison Hunter has a health of 20 HP

- Green Leather Helmet (Protection III)
    - Lime Green Leather Chestplate (Protection I)
    - Lime Green Leather Leggings (Protection I)
    - Lime Green Leather Boots (Protection I)

Radar's Damage Reduction (DR) is 48% assuming it has no enchantments
    TNT's DR is 44% assuming it has no enchantments
    Leaper's DR is 60% assuming it has no enchantments
    Poison Hunter's DR is 41%

- Infinity bow

- Iron Hoe with Sharpness I

- If a Poison Hunter hits a hider that has 16+ HP, then that hider will get Poison II for 5 seconds. If the hider has a health of less than 16, then that hider is not affected. Poison Particles will not be emitted by the hider, as well as poison sound effects.

- ALL arrows shot by a Poison Hunter cause hiders with 10+ HP to have Poison I for 2.5 seconds which makes EACH arrow deal 2 HP more of damage than regular arrows. Poison Sound effects and particles will not be emitted since if the arrow does hit a hider, then the hunter wouldn't need them since the "being damaged by an arrow" sound is good enough. If the hider has less than 10 HP, then the poison does not activate and the arrow just deals normal damage.

- If at any point you are confused about this kit. Please feel free to mention it in the comments. I am more than happy to clarify things for you.

Posted Nov 26, 2018,
    Last edited Dec 9, 2018 at 1:37 PM
  2. Staplaumo

Staplaumo

Hai there!

I think that this suggestion for Block Hunt would be a great addition to the game. I think the concept of the kit is very creative and I like the idea of having the 10 block radius of the potion, which could potentially be beneficial to the hiders due to the fact that it would alert them that there is a nearby Hunter and that they need to alter their hiding spot.

Thanks for the suggestion and have a good one!

Posted Nov 29, 2018
  3. coopjc

coopjc

Hello!

This idea is something I've never seen before and I really like the creative aspect of it. The armor and weapon enchantments could be changed a bit, however. More specifically, I don't think the bow should have Infinity considering this kit is based off of poison and not archery. Regardless, this is a great idea and it would definitely shake up a Block Hunt for more enjoyment! Thank you for contributing! ​

Posted Nov 30, 2018
  4. Marzie

Marzie

All hunters and hiders get the infinity bow by default really, doesn't matter if the kit is around archery or not.

I love the idea of this kit, but right now it doesn't seem to do much damage and you'd probably need another hunter with you to even find someone or kill them. I think it needs some type of buff with dealing damage/finding hiders. I think having a wood sword like radar would be fine and/or having particles for 1-2 seconds upon impact of the poison and/or having a very short sound be played.

Posted Nov 30, 2018
  5. VenomousRoyalty

VenomousRoyalty

Thank you. I decided to change the Poison Potion since it kind of is like radar and TNT in that it it flushes out the hider. Instead of Poison Potion, the kit will just have the diamond hoe cause the Poison.
    --- Post updated ---
    Check out my kit Please. Made some changed.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 5, 2018
  6. leo_thya

leo_thya

Some of the stats you provide are questionable. DPH for leaper is only 5. DPH for this kit is 2, and for radar it is 4, so in theory, the DPS of radar should be twice the amount of this kit. But the stats you provided make them almost exactly the same. A bow does 8 damage, and with poison it will do more so I don’t know how you just got 8 damage. The total damage would be 15, which is ridiculous.

Posted Dec 5, 2018,
    Last edited Dec 5, 2018
  7. VenomousRoyalty

VenomousRoyalty

Leo_thya I meant that the POISON would deal a total of 8 damage.
    --- Post updated ---
    Also, I should have specified that only the first hit would deal Poison II for 5 seconds. all other hits would be normal. It is NOT OP Theo. A Leaper Hunter needs to deal 4 hits assuming each hit deals at least 5 HP of damage (let us make it 6 due to regeneration). Assuming the Poison Hunter causes Poison II which negates regeneration, then the Poison Hunter needs to deal (20 - 8 HP from poison)/2 = 6 hits. Boom same amount as Leaper! Even if my stats were wrong, this kit is still balanced. It might need some few tweaks, but the hoe is PERFECTLY balanced including its Poison effect.
    --- Post updated ---
    Okay, I changed it. Hopefully it is more balanced.
    --- Post updated ---
    Okay, I changed the arrow thingy ability. It just causes Nausea.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 5, 2018
  8. leo_thya

leo_thya

Ok after you reworked the whole kit, the purpose of the kit seems unknown. Why use this kit when you can use radar, which WILL tell you if a hider is nearby? Using this kit will end up making you have a bad weapon and bad armor. The nausea is also very minimal, only 1 second. Perhaps 3-5 seconds.

Posted Dec 5, 2018
    PapiKirito likes this.
  9. CourierID

CourierID

I like this Idea, It is like an alternative to the Radar hunter, which is a class I think has needed a change for a while. Those ticking sounds just never seemed very accurate to me. I'm not too sure about the nausea though, poison would be enough honestly.

Posted Dec 5, 2018
  10. leo_thya

leo_thya

This kit doesn’t work as an alternative as it doesn’t reveal anything.

Posted Dec 5, 2018
  11. _Prof_

_Prof_

This can work well as a bought kit but not an achievement kit, no. Achievement kits are meant to have a different play style to reward players who've mastered the game and that's not poison hunter. Because poison only takes effect for 5 seconds, that makes the ability quite ineffective, not to mention it only kicks in if the hider has at least near full HP. I would have the poison take effect for about 20-30 seconds no matter how low the HP the hider has, and remove the 1 second of nausea, I don't see it making much of a difference at all.

To conclude, this just doesn't fit the theme of an achievement kit. I will say poison is a unique aspect of a hunter but it does little to no effect at all. The suggestions I made above would improve this kit to make it more powerful. This is quite an interesting idea though I must admit, just needs some tweaks to be a proper achievement kit.

Report a User | Report a Bug | Apply For Java Trainee | Rules| My Profile

Posted Dec 5, 2018
  12. CourierID

CourierID

My bad, I thought it said something about it revealing players with some particles, my mind did a bad.

Posted Dec 5, 2018
  13. VenomousRoyalty

VenomousRoyalty

Thank you. It is just SOOOO hard to make a kit. Please keep in mind that I think I have made like at least 15 versions of this idea. The common thing, is that it has a "Poison" theme to it.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 6, 2018
  14. Planet_TacoCat

Planet_TacoCat

nice idea. I like the poison.

Posted Dec 6, 2018