• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Blaze Inferno on screen animation

Discussion in 'Super Smash Mobs' started by Vertix, Mar 14, 2019 at 4:29 PM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vertix

Vertix

I love SSM and tend to play it quite often. Although, I can't help feeling annoyed when I lose to a blaze main due to their inferno ability and its vision reducing qualities.
    As a result, I ground through the minecraft textures and managed to toggle the on-screen fire animation -

However, before I go on to slaughter every blaze in sight, I would like to know... Is this punishable?

Posted Mar 14, 2019 at 4:29 PM
  2. leo_thya

leo_thya

It's not punishable. There are a lot of other texture packs that reduce fire animation for this reason.

Posted Mar 14, 2019 at 4:45 PM
    Crash and Slipest like this.
  3. Slipest

Slipest

Its not punishable, I would suggest reducing the amount of fire instead of completely removing it so you still have a nice animation, but it doesn't take up half your screen.

Posted Mar 14, 2019 at 5:27 PM
  4. Pupett

Pupett

[​IMG]

The video of the fire animation you put is using a texture pack, (faithful?) making the effect more drastic than in default. Toggling the animation was a good idea, manually changing the textures could also work (or using a pvp texture pack which has the fire animation reduced by default)

Everyone else already responded as to whether or not fire is punishable, the default animation should show why (doesn't really affect gameplay that much, + it has some transparency that allows you to see through it)

Posted Mar 14, 2019 at 5:44 PM
  5. Vertix

Vertix

I am using faithful. I never noticed the texture affecting the animation's visibility, this is probably why it bothered me as much as it did. Thank you!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 14, 2019 at 6:53 PM
  6. darkmeen

darkmeen

Hello!

I can assure you that using a texture pack that reduces the fire animation it's completely safe and it's not punishable since it's only a visual change and it does not affect gameplay. I've been doing this for years.
    You're right, blazes in SSM can visually annoy you so you should really change the texture pack if you're oftenly playing SSM.
    As someone said above, I also recommend you reducing the fire animation instead of totally removing it but that's really up to you. ^^

Posted Mar 14, 2019 at 7:28 PM
  7. Snowwii

Snowwii

I actually did this years ago lol, been happy ever since

Posted Mar 14, 2019 at 7:51 PM
  8. Phamtastic

Phamtastic

I mean, I turned off or reduced my fire animation on my Minecraft settings because I don’t want it in front of my screen. When there is a fire animation that is interfering on my screen, it distracts me while I am concentrating the game. I feel like turning it off will make the gameplay suited for me. Now, I remember that I used to played SSM a lot, but not anymore.

I believe that it is not punishable, so I think you are all good to turn it off the fire animation. Depending on which texture pack you’re using.

Posted Mar 15, 2019 at 1:53 AM
  9. xOeuf

xOeuf

Hello :)

You pretty much always want to be using a PvP texture pack for most mini-games. Try finding something 64x with a decent particle/sky/fire/animation set, in order to improve gameplay (unless you have a low-spec pc. Use an FPS pack in that case).

This is what my fire looks like with two of the packs I use:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The fire doesn't ever go past the hotbar, except for the extra pixels which show the tips of the flames (image 2).

Some good packs to use are:
    -Amaranth 32x
    -Ultra 128x
    -Summer Gold
    -Zick Zack Pack
    -Huahwi 64x
    -Latenci edits/DotBee pack edits.

You can also change fire in optifine settings under the quality or animations tab.
    Hope this helped a bit - good luck with your games <3

Posted Mar 15, 2019 at 7:15 AM,
    Last edited Mar 15, 2019 at 7:23 AM
  10. _H2O

_H2O

I just wanted to confirm that reducing or removing the fire animation from your texture pack is completely fine to do on our server. Along with those above, I would suggest reducing it rather than removing it altogether since you will still be able to know when you are on fire and taking damage. However, it's up to you at the end of the day. There's plenty of texture packs out there that reduce/remove the fire animation. You just have to search the internet for the one that you like. Everyone likes something different and you'll often find slight edits that players make as well, such as reducing fire, to already existing texture packs. I'd recommend just doing some research and testing out ones that you think fit best for you.

Since your question has been answered numerous times, I'm going to be locking this thread. If you have any further questions/concerns, feel free to private message me.

Thread Locked

Posted Mar 15, 2019 at 11:52 AM
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.