• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11847 Players Online
  • 8957 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Blaze Fix

Discussion in 'Super Smash Mobs' started by Not_Gamer, Feb 22, 2020.

1. Hello everyone! I recently hit 800 wins and are thinking of quitting soon because of one reason. The op kits. We have spider running around with needler and webs, the skeletal horse that bone kicks then bone rushes and runs, the wolf with its small hitbox and tremendous damage, etc. Well, I'm here to discuss blaze. Blaze inferno has always been an issue with its damage but In my opinion, it's fine. Firefly is where the issue is. Firefly its self isn't that big of an issue but pair it up with the fact that blaze has swiftness. Blaze is being able to firefly in, use inferno, then melee and run! It takes half your full hp each run. After that, the swiftness takes the rest. Then there's the runner's advantage. If you've ever played tag you'll know that It's easier to be chased than chasing. That's because you get to move first and they have to react. Now here there are triple jumps. The blaze could jump to another island and continue running or double back with his triple jump. This makes the chase so much harder because odds are, you didn't ready up a triple jump and if you take the time to, he's already long gone. I'd say that If we just remove the blaze speed it would be way more balanced of a kit. This is just my opinion so everyone else can leave their thoughts below.

Posted Feb 22, 2020
    xEspe0n likes this.
  2. Yeah I agree with you and this is very annoying.

Posted Feb 22, 2020
  3. I wouldn’t say blaze is an OP kit, but the players who main it are very annoying. I honestly don’t know how they should nerf it. I don’t have a problem with blaze since I can kill them after I trap them in my web (I main spider), but I understand it’s difficult for kits that can’t slow down opponents. The problem with blaze mains is most have no idea how to pvp, so just use wolf and you should be able to kill no brain blazes. Wolf basically just uses cub tackle, and ravage will do the rest. Ravage is stupid, but at least the blaze will be dead.

Posted Feb 22, 2020
  4. Blaze is much easier to counter than most people think. The kits with the leap ability (wolf, spider, speedster) are the most effective ways to kill a blaze.

Though there is a glitch I get with golem where I hit the firefly during chargeup and it doesnt defuse it. It does damage but the firefly still works. This is my only problem with blaze and hopefully it gets fixed, but seeing mineplex, I doubt they will fix this bug.

Posted Feb 24, 2020
    Blazette likes this.
  5. Any kit is broken if the player is good enough.

You can easily beat whatever kit with practices, good strategy and the right kit to fight with

Posted Feb 24, 2020
  6. I would 100% agree with this idea of a blaze fix, but I think we're gonna be waiting awhile for that. Until then, there's other things you can do to destroy blaze.

Sometimes it's just better to back off. I've been a chaser before and it's a dangerous game. I've been caught in the firefly thing too and I also really can't say how many times double jump has failed me and I fell when I was right behind the other person. If you can't catch them, then it might be better to walk away and let them come to you. Then maybe if you act quickly enough, you'll be able to kill it before it runs away.

Another thing you could do is using blaze against blaze. Yes, this makes fighting really annoying sometimes, but it's still better than using another kit and being stuck with < 2 hearts for the whole game. Besides, now you can use firefly to follow the blaze more closely and you don't even have to worry about inferno. Of course, this method has downsides too, but I use this a lot against the stubborn blazes and I think the good outweighs the bad. Whatever method you use, still try to cancel firefly. If you hit the blaze right after it activates firefly, then it will cancel it and hopefully it falls to its death.

Posted Mar 7, 2020