• 2079 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8873 Players Online
  • 6794 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Blatant Disregard

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by HotCold, Feb 21, 2020.

1. Before reading this thread, go to the homepage and go down the list of recent updates. Notice how none of the core minigames have been given attention, and it's all just fluff about cosmetics and holiday events. That will help you understand where I'm coming from here.

Mineplex as a server has more less kept me entertained for like 5 years. Sure it had it's flaws but at the end of the day it was a quality server with its fair share of nice people and fun games that fit almost all tastes. The only significant complaint people had was the lack of game updates, with resources being allocated more towards holiday events and cosmetics, instead of changes and improvements to the core games. While I did and still do see this as a big issue, it wasn't bad to the point where you could say the server was beyond help or unplayable. That being said, the warning signs are now crystal clear as mineplex has put all it's eggs into one basket and is riding the wave until they crash against the rocks.

The straw that broke the camels back was the Immortal Rank update. When PPC came out, nobody was complaining about the perks. People were more-less satisfied, and most of them were probably satisfied with the custom cosmetic and the omega chest alone. This is in stark contrast to when Eternal came out, and people were somewhat underwhelmed by what it had to offer. Threads about how Eternal could be improved became popular however till this day not a single thing has changed, where as PPC has been given MULTIPLE revamps and improvements . I dont want people to misinterpret what I'm saying as me just being salty or envious of PPC/Immortal rank. What im trying to say is that Mineplex suffers from shortsightedness when it comes to what they consider profitable. Instead of throwing a bone to the vast majority of non-PPC players, they only pander to the minority of people who pay them each month. Sure, you could say that in the here and now they are making more money with this strategy, but the more they ignore the main playerbase, the more they lose the very thing keeping them on the map as a server. That means less people are buying ranks, and less people are giving the server attention. And once the normal players leave, PPC players wont have a reason to stick around on a server that only gets 150-200 players at peak hours. (which is what I see happening in 1-2 years)

The disregard of players is one thing, but the bigger problem is the disregard for their server. Mineplex does not try to maintain it's player base with it's games anymore, the only attention grabbing method they use is events, whether it's holidays or a joke events like area 51 (which might I add, broke the economy of the server). Instead of improving their network as a whole by investing in game updates and improvements, they craft entire game modes that only last for a month so they can recycle them later or just store them till they are aged enough to be considered nostalgic by veteran players. I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking that, for example, instead of the new valentines game or the Christmas game, we would have much preferred an update to a game mode like skywars, or some balances made to ssm/bridges. Even on the rare occasion that mineplex DOES decide to make a dedicated game update, their bias is once again made clear since they are giving all the love to their new and popular and 100% original gamemode: c a k e w a r s. Again, mineplex is putting it's eggs in one basket. A minigame network with as many gamemodes as mineplex cannot survive by only supporting one gamemode, even if it's the most popular.

My time in GI has really put into perspective how sad Mineplex's situation is. It's filled to the brim with bright players who genuinely want to see positive change in the server, but are held back by a distant and non-vocal ownership and dev team. There is an obvious schism between the desire of normal players and the desires of the leadership of mineplex. I consider myself to be an optomist, so who knows maybe one day players will be vocal enough to show mineplex what they really want, or maybe once mineplex starts loosing more and more players they'll prioritize updates that promote longevity in the server instead of short term profit. Till that happens, someone should try to steal the master builders win record from me since I'm done.

Posted Feb 21, 2020
    Task, Eroil, CipSyrianS and 24 others like this.
  2. I agree the events and cosmetics may be cool but the mineplex original games are the reason I still play. I can find games like cakewars on other servers though games like ssm i dont see anywhere else yet it gets absolutely no attention from mineplex developers despite the constant GI requests for update ideas and compromises for the game. This also applies for the other original games.

The things that make mineplex mineplex dont get attention and the basic pvp games that arent original get all the attention. The events are cool but are only temporary and have been used before so they are nothing new.

Some of the events like rose rush and area 51 are also extremely overhyped despite being incredibly boring and repetitive.

The immortal rank is just ppc with a few extra details. It also kind of breaks the market because people with the rank get kits easier and that affects gameplay. And people in game insights and the mineplex discord are being silenced for complaining about that, even though its an important criticism.

Posted Feb 21, 2020,
    Last edited Feb 21, 2020
  3. I do not currently have the time to respond to all your concerns, but I would like to point out one huge thing here - Our most recent update announced on our discord server (discord.mineplex.com) for our Java platform said the following:

"- New poll in-game through Carl asking what game you would like to see updated!"
    If you have not completed this poll, I highly encourage it as this is a genuine opportunity for our Dev team to directly see what the player base wants. This is a widespread attempt to see what the player base, as a whole, is interested in seeing. The Developers created this poll to see what you guys are wanting, so again, I really recommend participating.

I can completely see your frustration with lack of game updates in the past, but the Dev team specifically, and likely the Leadership team has heard your concern and is currently working to appease our current player base.

I also understand your frustration in seeing CW being updated more frequently, but it was our newest gamemode, and continues to be our most popular, so you can hopefully see why attention might be focused on it sometimes. But again, currently we're looking into updating the game the community wants to see updated.

Sure, you could respond to this thread by saying this was too long coming and should have been implemented earlier, but focusing on the past doesn't really get anywhere. I'm sorry you've been less than satisfied in the past, but in the present and future, we will be focusing on at least some game updates.

Posted Feb 21, 2020
  4. honestly ive responded to threads like this so many times, you make good points, but nothing will be done unless mineplex makes the choice to. which their not. im not even going to bother giving an in depth response of whats wrong with mineplex rn, they already see whats going on, they have to. they just wont do anything about it, and the situation will get worse untill minplex inevitably becomes a dead server. there isnt any way around this unless the owners and dev team decide that they are going to push out real updates. just set aside everything else, all the bugs (that arent getting fixed), all the updates (that dont exist), all the new maps (which are community made and everything relating to them is pretty much all community driven) and just push out a single update, mineplex might be saved. but they wont. so why talk about something that clearly isnt happening?

Posted Feb 21, 2020
    LT Tombstone 77 likes this.

5. Bro the camel's been waiting in ER for back surgery for several years now

Posted Feb 21, 2020
    Task, Eroil, CipSyrianS and 10 others like this.
  6. Saying that almost everything to do with maps is community-driven is just wrong. The only community-driven part would be the very small amount of community map submissions and then us map testers. The rest of the process - most map building, map submission team, map issues team - is all done by builders. I know this is irrelevant to the main topic of this thread, but I know that the builders put a lot of time and effort into their maps and so it's not at all fair to make it out that they don't do much at all.

I'd also like to point out that you're trying to say that Mineplex should put things such as bugs, updates, and maps aside and focus their resources on one big update, yet are also saying that maps are almost completely community-driven. So... maps are community-driven but are also taking up Mineplex's time? Bit of a contradiction there.

Posted Feb 21, 2020
    ClassN and Tea like this.
  7. when I said that I ment a lot
    of the maps are made by the community, and community sub teams deal with a lot of map related things. I do know that actual staff and the build team do stuff for it, I was exaggerating to make a point.

Posted Feb 21, 2020
    LT Tombstone 77 likes this.
  8. We can't really be vocal because they will punish us for our honesty or just ignore it. I am glad that @Dulciloquy mentioned the poll feature in-game as a way to see what the majority of players want. That was a good move on Mineplex's side; however I think it was not completely necessary because of the INSANE amount of outcry on the forums that could have been easily taken into consideration at any time in the past.

Posted Feb 21, 2020
  9. Agreed! Mineplex has shown time and again that they are incapable of managing both a server, and a community of people. They no longer care about the quality of their games as they try to push the only thing that makes them money, ranks. And sadly it is the Immortal Whales that are keeping this server from its well deserved demise.

Posted Feb 22, 2020
    Mitchy, Korben (gone) and BDIZZ like this.
  10. Why would you exaggerate about that though? If Mineplex has really come to the point that the builders do absolutely nothing other than processing map submissions, we would all deserve to be demoted. Just say how it is, you don’t have to state incorrect things about Mineplex and it’s build team to get your point across.
    Also, there’s only one community subteam that analyzes the maps, which is the Map Testing Team (apps are currently closed, but you’ll be able to apply at mineplex.com/buildtester). Only other subteam that is related about maps is Map Submissions Team, but that is for builders only.

Posted Feb 24, 2020
  11. Disagreed. If this were to be true, you would not be replying and the word "Mineplex" Would not be a thing. Forgive me for being literal, but it's the only way I think I could get my point across.

Posted Feb 24, 2020
    OnceAnL_ likes this.
  12. And other servers frequently having 5-10 times as many online players as Mineplex wouldn't be a thing either. And Mineplex still call themselves "the most popular server". It's getting silly now, and all their great games are going unplayed and filled with hackers basically every three games :(

Posted Feb 24, 2020
    Mitchy and mab8400 like this.
  13. You make some valid points. However, I personally feel like there is a lack of updates simply because there is a lack of developers. It is harder than ever to find candidates qualified to develop for Mineplex. Since there are not many developers pushing out a big update would be very difficult so it is better to put out droplet updates such as holiday events in order to keep people interested. However, I do think the developers are planning on either releasing a new game or revamping an old one or both.

Posted Feb 24, 2020
  14. Minecraft’s playerbase is going down as it is. So forget about individual minecraft servers.

Posted Feb 25, 2020
    OnceAnL_ likes this.
  15. Last I checked, Minecraft's playerbase is actually increasing. What seems to be going down is the amount of people who actually play (java) Minecraft multiplayer (thanks 1.9), and even with that trend there are still plenty of players who play on servers.The problem is that Mp just isn't attracting them.

Posted Feb 25, 2020
    Monkqy, FluteVegetables and Mitchy like this.
  16. It's not going that much down speaking players who are playing Survival

Posted Feb 25, 2020
  17. Hi there!

I agree that new games/game updates would be great, however, there is a limited amount of developers and I'm sure that they're working as hard as they can. As already mentioned, the dev team is trying to involve players in the process of updates which I think is good, and I'm sure new updates will come soon.

Posted Feb 25, 2020
  18. Hypixel had 40,000 players last week, where did you learn that the playerbase is "decreasing"

Posted Feb 25, 2020
    Mitchy likes this.
  19. It doesn’t take a genius to know the difference between minecraft 2013 and now.

Posted Feb 25, 2020
    OnceAnL_ and Korben (gone) like this.
  20. Do you have any evidence to support this statement? The upward trend continued until September 2019 where the monthly player count peaked at 112 million. This is the last instance of recorded data and it is logical to presume that this upward trend continues based on the recency of the information gathered. There is nothing wrong with players believing that Mineplex are not attracting the majority who play Java Minecraft, as it can be justified. To contradict this you will also need to provide a reliable source that supports your understanding.
    [​IMG]

Posted Feb 25, 2020