• 349 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2928 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Blacklisting "ez" and "easy"

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by SilentLattice31, Jan 26, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anyone who isn't new will probably know about this. If not, this is a term to describe how effortless a pvp fight was. Most of the time, it's them been cheeky about it, thinking that they're so good that it was easy, hence the common stock phrase on Mineplex and other servers.

As you might expect, this phrase is somewhat disrespectful to those who lose, even if neither side had the upper hand.

Now choosing to actually blacklist this is totally up to you, though it would clean the chat a slight bit.

Posted Jan 26, 2020
  2. Hey!

I don’t think there’s any need for this to be honest. It might get to you, but it’s up to you to develop your own coping mechanisms to deal with this. Unfortunately Mineplex doesn’t have the time to adjust both the rules and chat filter system to suit a minority of people that are offended by an expression of glory that comes after a fair fight. There are many options that you have if you don’t like this behavior, such as leaving or not responding. Perhaps you should try shrugging or laughing it off.

I understand what you’re saying when it can appear disrespectful, however, put yourself in that person’s shoes for a minute. You might not do anything similar but that’s you. Many people don’t bear malicious intent and it isn’t uncommon to forget about others’ sensitivity levels when you’re simply happy after a win. This implementation would just unfairly target the players who like to boost their own confidence by implying the fight was easy. It does sound a bit like you’re typing this after having lost a game.

My only advice to you is to come up with your own methods of dealing with this, if you find it offensive. I promise that in time, with your continued play, it will not affect you at all. At some point you’ll look back at this thread and go “Wow, I was definitely overreacting”, which is a good thing to acknowledge.

Posted Jan 26, 2020
  3. Actually, I didn't lose. I was a bystander.

I understand that some things just need to be ignored. Thanks!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 26, 2020
    WowCaleb likes this.
  4. Filtering the word "easy" will cause more issues than it will solve. The filter is already obstructive enough, but if we start adding everyday words to it that can sometimes be used in a toxic way, suddenly every other message has a filtered word in it.

Also, if you're getting offended and upset by people saying "ez", then that's on you to become a bit more thick-skinned. It is the internet after all - people are going to be toxic no matter what you do to prevent it. It would be a good idea to realise that now and stop getting upset over what other people say. And if someone is being overly toxic, just /ignore them and be done with it.

Posted Jan 26, 2020
    Korben, Im_Ken and DaGourmand like this.
  5. Hey!
    As others above me have said, if we filter it then we will just get more backlash about the filter then we already do. Personally I don't think they need to be filtered because sometimes that's a players way of joking around and I don't think it's necessarily mean enough to filter. Also if someone is constantly spamming the words "ez" "easy" etc then you can report them for Spam if it truly is spam. Overall I just don't think it needs to be filtered because usually people don't use it an any malicious way. I understand It can get annoying but that's the same with taunts and they are still In the game.

Posted Jan 26, 2020
  6. Hello,

I really don't think this is necessary. The term "ez" and "easy" are both not used in a malicious context enough to be consider a filtered word. A lot of times friends joke around with each other and use it. Honestly, by using this logic, you could basically filter any word out there that remotely is negative (like "bad"). Kind of like how Roblox filtered every single word possibly bad to stop those 4 year olds from getting hurt. So, in conclusion, I think that "ez" or "easy" should be punishable by a per-report basis and not be arbitrarily filtered.

- Archimedes013

Posted Jan 26, 2020
  7. i see no reason for it to be blacklisted as its not designed to be disrespectful

Posted Jan 26, 2020
  8. Hello,

I feel it would be rather unnecessary to add these words to the filter list. The main reason being there are so many other ways to make the same comment. For instance, if we bypass 'ez' and 'easy' people can just say 'well that wasn't hard lol'. As @Epicbuilder435 said, if people spam these words excessively, you can report them for spam/general rudeness.

Additionally, it would cause multiple issues in chat, not only for staff through a punishment perspective when considering filter bypasses, but also making it harder to talk to people in lobbies. To stop anyone using the word 'easy' in normal conversations is too far. Furthermore, there is a taunt that has the phrase '<player1> thought to themselves, is this easy mode?' so punishing for use of the word would be unfair.
    So for me, -1.

- Tripsy

Posted Jan 26, 2020
    LT Tombstone 77 likes this.
  9. Hey!

I personally share the ideas of many others on this thread, I don’t think this is necessary. People saying “ez” over Minecraft chat really shouldn’t be someone’s greatest concern, and it shouldn’t be Mineplex’s either. The phrase is meant to be playful and harmless, and it all depends on how you interpret it. People that are offended by it need to realize that it’s just a game, and it’s someone saying “ez”, it’s really not that big a deal. But that’s obviously just my opinion, and so guess we’ll just have to agree to disagree.

~Nick

Posted Jan 26, 2020
  10. Along with many have stated above me, I disagree with this idea, As others have stated, "ez" is just a harmless term meant for people just joking around. Of course, there will be some that use it offensively, but that is hardly the case. So for a final response, I'm going to have to give this a -1.

Posted Jan 26, 2020
  11. Just say "ez" first when you lose to establish dominance

Posted Jan 26, 2020
    KerbalBoy and Xukuwu like this.
  12. Personally, I don’t think it should be blacklisted. Especially not easy, because it is a common word that people use, and it wouldn’t be fair if you’re talking to someone and you happen to say “easy” and it gets blurred out. Ez on the other hand can be disrespectful, although sometimes it’s good to take humiliation, so I see no reason to blurt it out, as sometimes players need to be taught a lesson. However, I agree that the amount of rudeness is somewhat increasing, but there is really nothing to be done about it.

Posted Jan 26, 2020
    510bike, Korben and LT Tombstone 77 like this.
  13. Heyo,

I'll be marking this as denied. Easy and ez on their own shouldn't be filtered, that's like asking L to be filtered and it isn't a negative phrase 100% of the time and would mess up our filter system as other people have mentioned. If a player is spamming it, they could be punished for General Rudeness and/or you can /ignore them.
    To quote Toki, "It's no where near other content we filter which is why it's not going to be filtered."
    Feel free to message me with any questions.

Posted Jan 26, 2020
    ScarletBlood37 and xGetRektedx like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.