• 1354 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4377 Players Online
  • 3023 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Birthday Gift?

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by DarkraiThePug, Jun 11, 2019.

1. Then what would they add? That's the entire point of this idea, to add a reward for birthday presents.

Posted Jun 12, 2019
  2. Actually I’d say no to adding birthday gifts I’m pretty sure that everyone would change their birthday to get rewards but if you really want that there must be something like changing birthday 1 per year soo only 365 day after it will be opened to change as reward
    There must be a new cheat which is {Birthday Chest} and they must add cosmetics special to that chest like birthday hat , Birthday particles etc. -RobusArs

Posted Jun 12, 2019
  3. I wanted to say they could add Omega or couple of Mythical chests. :)

Posted Jun 12, 2019
  4. Heyo!

Personally, although I believe this being implemented into the game would be cool, I don't think it is necessary. As stated before, there could be scenarios about people lying about birthdays and privacy issues. I believe that Mineplex gives away enough free chests, especially with the monthly rank bonuses. Very creative idea though! :)

Posted Jun 12, 2019
  5. how would that be abuse, one gift for each account every year. that's controlled portioning, having an alt wouldn't benefit you in any way, cosmetics can't be traded and aren't applied in-game to get an advantage.

Posted Jun 12, 2019
    Roxy and RobusArs like this.
  6. I would have to say an omega chest. Having mythical chests would serve the same purpose as an illuminated in my opinion. If you have all of the cosmetics, even though you get gadgets, it isn't worth it to me. Omega in my opinion!

Posted Jun 12, 2019
  7. As I said best thing would creating a new chest and new cosmetics otherwise there is no meaning at all I would vote on Birthday Chest rather than Omega/illuminated Chests

Posted Jun 12, 2019
  8. Birthday Chest would have to be entirely given info on, like what cosmetics would be inside of it. I'm curious, I'm keeping my vote on omega for now until you provide me with that information!

Posted Jun 12, 2019
  9. This idea has been denied before. I believe marketing said no and people can just have whatever birthday they wanted with multiple accounts, profits would more than likely drop.

Posted Jun 12, 2019
    Jaekub, Vocaloiid, RobusArs and 2 others like this.
  10. I appreciate the idea, but I don't think it’ll happen. This idea had been previously denied before. Personally, I’d want my birthday to be recognized in-game, but I don’t think that the Marketing team will allow it. I’ll have to disagree. -1

Other than that, this was a pretty great idea!

Posted Jun 13, 2019,
    Last edited Jun 13, 2019
  11. While this is a cool concept, I do not think this will be implemented any time soon. First of all, this feature may be abused, especially for players who have multiple accounts. This can result in the player's main account receiving multiple bonuses. Another flaw I see for this idea is a privacy issue. Some may not be comfortable sharing their birthday to a Minecraft server, and that is understandable. Adding a feature that "lures" players into entering information they may not normally be okay with is something that production should probably dodge from doing. Last but not least, this could result in a decline in sales. Even though a reward is given to a player once a year, accounting for thousands of players can impact the revenue that the server receives. Overall, this is a cool feature that I would personally like to see, but the negatives of this idea may really hold this back from being implemented.

Posted Jun 13, 2019
  12. I'm not sure if someone else has had the idea, but maybe a streak system with this? I know it's something small, but I know I'd appreciate knowing how many birthdays have passed where I've played Mineplex on them.

Posted Jun 14, 2019
  13. Hello,
    I am not sure how this has been received in the past, but I am personally all for this idea. I think it would be a nice little perk to get a chest or two on your birthday. If it were to be implemented, I think it would be best to make it so you can't change the birthday once you set it. This would prevent people from exploiting it in any way. Also, it should offer a confirmation screen to make sure you don't make a mistake. Finally, I think it would be nice to have the option to put in the day and month but not the year just in case anyone doesn't want to share their age for any reason. Overall, I think this would be a cool little perk! +1 from me :)

Posted Jun 14, 2019
    GeniiExE likes this.
  14. I agree! Plus check out my post on Ranks and give your input please:)

Posted Jun 19, 2019
  15. Hey, I know I’m a bit late to the party here but I thought I’d give my input. Personally, I’m not a huge fan of this idea, because as people have said, it has huge risk of abuse, and it raises some concerns about privacy of minors, especially in the EU. Overall, I’m against this idea simply because I feel that the risks outweigh the benefits.

Posted Jun 19, 2019
  16. Hey!

This seems like a good idea to add, it would be great to receive a little present on the special day! However, there would have to be some measures put in such as possibly a filter for young users and a way to stop exploitation of the system. Considering this, I believe for such a small idea, so many security measures would have to be made for it and therefore isn't the best in my opinion.

+ 0.5 Great idea, just might not be suitable!

Posted Jun 19, 2019
  17. Hi!

After reading the opinions above, I do think that this would be do-able and a good addition to mineplex. It's good to give users a little something on their birthday. Like pandafyre said, adding a timer after receiving the birthday gift would prevent players from lying and getting it multiple times in one year. I like the idea of one illuminated chest, by the way.

Have an awesome birthday, darkari! Have a good one and make sure to stuff your face with cake!

Posted Jun 20, 2019
  18. The only way this would work is if we had a command or something only used once a year, activated on the month of your birthday. Also, I think it should be only for your birthday month. Perhaps something in carl that shows up only during that month?
    A workaround for people changing their birthdays is if a system was added where you literally can't change it, or can only change it once per year. However... If it was birth month instead, that's only one month of the year and you'd have the whole month to claim it. That'd enable people who want to spend their birthday with their family to still claim the prize, and it might help prevent abuse.
    Despite that, I'm not 100% in agreement with the idea. Yeah, it'd be cool to receive rewards for your birthday, but I'm just not sure what they'd be that wouldn't cause abuse. Perhaps just something that doesn't matter, like, some sort of thing on your profile? It does show when users birthdays are already.
    I'm just going to remain neutral about it. It's an interesting idea, just not sure how it would work.

Posted Jun 20, 2019
  19. Personally, I like the sound of the idea. It would be nice to get something for your birthday on Mineplex. However, I'm just not sure if it would work. Taking out the fact that this idea has been denied before, there are a lot of factors that could play into this. For one, what if someone accidentally enters the wrong birthday? Assuming that you can't change your birthday (to prevent abuse), this would most likely require sending in a support ticket, which creates a hassle for our Support team members. Secondly, even with the "no-changing" feature, this could still be abused with alts. This would make profits drop, as stated above.

So yes, this is a nice idea, however I don't think it would work on the network.

Posted Jun 20, 2019
    Jaekub likes this.