• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Birthdate Privacy Settings

Discussion in 'Website Feedback' started by Pixusman, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Pixusman

Pixusman

Currently, you can choose to show your age only if you also show your date of birth (day and month)

[​IMG]
    In my opinion, this should be changed to two different and independent settings, since there could be people (like me) who prefer showing just the age but not the birthdate.

Posted Feb 10, 2019,
    Last edited Feb 11, 2019
  2. MrDrProfessor//_Prof_

MrDrProfessor//_Prof_

I do not see a problem with what you're suggesting, to be blunt. Not everyone has the same preferences and they should all be respected. As for me, I do not mind displaying my age and birth date.

An example of when users will want to show their age but not birthday is if they were born on an infamous day where horrific things happened. There will always be toxic people and fear being harassed for that.

An example of a situation where users want to show their birthday but not age is if they are young. Everyone loves getting "HBD" or "happy birthday" but because of their youth, infants are more likely to be targeted by cyberbullies. Heck, saying someone is very young is a common insult toxic people use. Another reason for users under 13 to hide their age is that they are more sensitive to unfamily friendly content (or really anything young audiences should not see).

+1

Report a User | Report a Bug | Apply For Java Trainee | Rules| My Profile

Posted Feb 11, 2019
  3. Good little addition, not much to say.

I approve.

Posted Feb 15, 2019 at 11:45 PM
  4. Posted Feb 18, 2019 at 1:31 PM
    MrDrProfessor//_Prof_ likes this.
  5. ARareBlackBear

ARareBlackBear

I think this is a good idea, but if you put your age, people easily could find out your birth date. So I mean it would probably be the same then just putting your full birth date.

Posted Feb 18, 2019 at 4:17 PM