• 253 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2337 Players Online
  • 2084 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Biggest fear?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Dinnersaur_, Aug 23, 2019.

1. Hello welcome to Dinner's group therapy. Today we will be talking about our biggest fears.

My (new) greatest fear is cars. I'm currently learning how to drive though so.... yeah. I never realized how scary it was to be behind the wheel until I actually have to try to drive out of a parking lot and onto a small 1-lane road. That's not even a lot compared to what every other driver does. (Like driving through neighborhoods or on highways or interstates.) I'm okay with being in the car when someone else driving, even my friend who failed his driving test 2 or 3 times. But if it's me, then I just panic really bad if I have to go where there's other cars. Another thing that I'm worried about is the fact that the rest of my family almost got into a car accident last week. I was out with a friend while my mom, dad, and brother were going to the city for my mom's friend's party. My mom told me this story WHILE I WAS IN A CAR. She said that she was getting ready to pull over and she was checking her blind spot to make sure she was good to go, but she didn't notice that the car in front of her had stopped. When she finally looked back in front of her, she slammed on her brakes, but her car went off to the left. She could have gotten hit by oncoming traffic and that could have resulted in a really bad car accident, involving my family. Lucky for her, there wasn't a lot of traffic, but there was construction (of course.) Maybe it doesn't seem so bad when I type it out, but that really scared me when my mom told me that. Also, if one of my parents is late to picking me up from something, then I just assume that the worst car-related injury has happened to them. It's bad. All I can really say about this is to be a safe driver and be on the lookout for other people. If they're not paying attention but you are, you could still save yourself from getting in an accident. Just please don't be a reckless driver.

So that's my biggest fear. I'm looking forward to finding out what yours are as well :)

(also I said the Dinner's group therapy thing as a joke at first but now I think it might have some potential for being an actual series of posts)

Posted Aug 23, 2019
  2. I'm scared of dying... that may be dark but what happens after death? is it dark? is it nothingness? what is it?

Posted Aug 23, 2019
  3. I am very scared of wasps. I just never liked them since I was a little tiny toddler. The fact that they put venom into your body just scares me overall.

Posted Aug 23, 2019
    Dinnersaur_ likes this.
  4. My biggest fear has to be being buried alive. Think about it, you're stuck six feet under the ground, no one knows where you are except the fact that you're missing, and you can't do anything about it. You just sit there until dehydration, starvation, or even panic takes your life. Back then it wouldn't have been so bad since they used to put bells for people they accidentally buried but not anymore. Once you're in the ground that's it.

So scary. Off topic, great idea for a thread! I'm interested to hear what everyone else has to say.

- Ghostxpe

Posted Aug 23, 2019
    Dinnersaur_ and FluteVegetables like this.
  5. Spiders are just... no. Either that or a fear of losing people close to me.

Posted Aug 23, 2019
    Dinnersaur_, Airolt and Yato like this.
  6. I think I am afraid of being alone like @Xukuri

Posted Aug 23, 2019
    Dinnersaur_ and Xukuri like this.
  7. What's poppin!

I would have to say my biggest fear would be ghosts. The thought of the dead's soul still wondering gives me the chills

Posted Aug 23, 2019
    Dinnersaur_ and Yato like this.
  8. Hey buddy!

This question is quite hard for me to answer, especially when there are so many things that scare me in the world, it's hard to specify one fear being worse from the others. Fears generally come from something, whether that be insecurities, a bad past, or even personality. I am actually going to sit my driver's licence test in 1 week from now, and I am a bit worried but I think that if I practise in areas where there are either no cars or only a few, it'll give me the essential practise I need to drive on the roads. I think your fear is quite reasonable because I would not only be scared about my driving but the driving of others, as our safety is in the hands of all the road users.

Now, to my biggest fear, it would have to be death or death of the immediate family. This is quite a common answer amongst people, but I have always been afraid of death. Perhaps I am afraid of not knowing what is after death, perhaps it's the fact that I will be leaving behind so many loved ones, or maybe because I feel as my death may cause my loved one's pain. Also, I constantly worry about if my parents or brother were to die, they just mean so much to me, I mean my whole family does, but they were the ones to raise me and who were by my side all of life, they mean so much, that if they disappeared one day, everything would change and be totally different.

Amazing post idea, I really liked reading what you and others had to write and also talking a bit about my biggest fear at the moment.

Posted Aug 23, 2019
    Dinnersaur_ and Yato like this.
  9. I have uhhh mild case of thalassophobia haha. It’s mainly a fear of big waves and the unknown emptiness in bodies of water. I’ve found that when faced with either, even just the thought of or a video/photo of these causes a good amount of anxiety. Something about the vast empty darkness in some bodies of water triggers it. And big waves, that’s absolutely terrifying. Like that one scene in interstellar? Uh huh, give me a sec to calm my breathing.

Thankfully this isn’t something I really have to face. I don’t have a problem with swimming and stuff in pools, I actually enjoy swimming. But vast emptiness of water, all dark and eerie? Nope. No thanks. :)

Posted Aug 23, 2019
  10. My biggest fear would probably be dying alone (before I have a wife and kids) or just dying in general because I don't know what happens after death, I might just cease to exist and have no consciousness or I may be conscious but nothing happens, so I don't know that's kinda spooky.

Posted Aug 24, 2019
    Dinnersaur_ likes this.
  11. My biggest fear is someone breaking into my household when I'm home alone or with people younger than myself. I have heard sounds before and I either grab things to **** the person or I freeze up and just sit there waiting for them to come.

Posted Aug 24, 2019
    Dinnersaur_ and NothinButNetYT like this.
  12. Usually the dark doesn't scare me to be honest. It's never really scared be because honestly the dark is just like day and it's completely the same other than the fact that you cannot see as clearly. Nothing is going to jump out at your and hurt you or whatever you would imagine that would happen i mean the worst that could happen is that maybe you step on a snake or something but that could still happen in the day it's just that it would be more easy to see where you are stepping. The one thing in the dark that i'm afraid of is when I hear something in the bushes, i mean it kind of triggeres my adrenaline and boom im out of there because i aint going to get attacked by no animal on my watch.
    --- Post updated ---

Posted Aug 24, 2019
    Dinnersaur_ and SebDaTurtle like this.
  13. My biggest fear is typing the lyrics of my song by accident idk how I did it yesterday but I pressed enter and the whole chat saw it lol

Posted Aug 24, 2019
    Dinnersaur_ likes this.
  14. I'm not afraid of death, though I am afraid of certain ways of dying.
    Of course I'm a devout? Christian, so that's no longer a fear of mine.
    Then don't look up a huntsman spider, Trust me you don't want to see it. To be honest spiders never scared me other than larger spiders being on and crawling on me.
    Spitting facts over here bro. My gosh I mean, like I said, I'm not afraid of death... BUT that's a horrifying way to die.

Posted Aug 24, 2019
  15. I think I may have even seen one. I don't want to search it up to check because then I'll just see loads of pictures of them and die but it was some huge spider in my bathroom crawling super fast along the wall. I'm just glad the majority of spiders where I live are just small house spiders. Living anywhere else would kill me.

Posted Aug 24, 2019
    Airolt, Dinnersaur_ and Jango_55 like this.
  16. :(

Anyway, I'm scared of deep water and everything that is there... you never know what there is in the deep dark, and honestly, that's what makes it scary.

Posted Aug 24, 2019
    Dinnersaur_ likes this.
  17. I'm most scared of dark large spaces, I feel like there could be anything around the corner and I feel like I could be watched at any time! Spooky stuff, anyways I kinda get over that fear but still double check things just in case I guess, that can become a bit annoying sometimes!​

Posted Aug 24, 2019
    Dinnersaur_ likes this.
  18. My biggest fear is drowning. Just the thought of not being able to get air is terrifying. D:

Posted Aug 24, 2019
    Dinnersaur_, Xukuri and Jango_55 like this.
  19. Just reading through all the comments on this thread and thinking about how I too, am terrified of everything mentioned. I am just living in constant fear of everything, my life just a perpetual flow from one fear to another.

Posted Aug 24, 2019
    Airolt and Dinnersaur_ like this.
  20. I h8 spiders

Posted Aug 24, 2019