• 371 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5213 Players Online
  • 4842 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Big game possibility?

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by zombieguy304, Jul 1, 2022.

1. I'm making this thread as more of a brainstorming discussion. Hypixel has their massive skyblock. They took a timeless gamemode and remade it, creating what is one of the most popular minecraft mini games of all time. If mineplex were to make such a game, it would take a lot of time, but it would bring in a ton of new players. So let's discuss possible revamped gamemodes!

Posted Jul 1, 2022
  2. I would say fractions, but that’s basically what clans is (which needs the new season update but who knows when that will happen). The only other one I can think of is prison which I don’t think is a good fit more Mineplex as a minigame server.

Posted Jul 1, 2022
  3. I feel like Hypixel has absoloutely dominated Skyblock now. So maybe to compete another gamemode like Prison would be best for Mineplex!

Regardless, we probably won't get it for a very long time because development for gamemodes takes a lot longer then the minigames (because of Mineplex's Arcade/Nano API).

Posted Jul 1, 2022
  4. My issue with clans is that it really didn't change anything. It just felt like factions with a bigger map

Yes! A game with a bigger goal however. Hypixel seems to have more resources, but it can still be done. It's interesting to me how hypixel took the neglected minion skyblock and turned it into something new.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 1, 2022,
    Last edited by a Moderator Jul 2, 2022
  5. Yeah, I hate how the big "Hub Networks" are just cash grabs and minions were defiantly super exploited by money hungry server owners. P2W is cringe.

Posted Jul 1, 2022
  6. yeah. hypixel remade the game. we need something like that.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 1, 2022
    danb76 likes this.
  7. The "secret" update which releases around the time the new infrastructure is finished has been rumored to add a "Deathrun" game. As we all know, the Hive is shut down on Java Edition, meaning that there are no big servers to include the Deathrun gamemode. Mineplex could get a huge boost in popularity.

Posted Jul 1, 2022
    traincar100 likes this.
  8. What's deathrun? I never really played hive

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 1, 2022
  9. It was a parkour based game where players have to reach the end of the course/map before the time runs out, there is two people who are randomly chosen as a death which set off different traps to make it harder for the players, there is checkpoints along the way.

Posted Jul 2, 2022
  10. OHH I remember that game now. It was interesting

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 2, 2022