• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6778 Players Online
  • 3888 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Best way to stop hackers?

Discussion in 'MCO/Bedrock Games' started by Henrias360, Jun 6, 2020.

?

Best ways to stop hackers?

1. Add "/report" for all players

35.8%
  2. Add "/report" for ranked players only

18.9%
  3. Encourage use of free and easy to get clients like Toolbox rather than demonising them

5.7%
  4. Improve GWEN

39.6%

Posted Jun 6, 2020
  1. Idk what happened with that dot reply lol. Is that what happens when you start a poll? And if you raise an eyebrow at the Toolbox one, I went by the "It's not cheating if everybody's cheating" logic.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 6, 2020
  2. so many posts about the same thing....

Posted Jun 6, 2020
  3. But was there a poll? No.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 6, 2020
  4. Hackers are really annoying and it's unpleasant to see them in a game.

The best way is to report them: https://www.mineplex.com/reports . You also need to have enough evidence. Also don't believe if some tell you that the team is well trained because I made sure it wasn't (Sorry, but it's try!)

The system is not updated because there is no developer who deals with this. There was before, but he resigned

Posted Jun 6, 2020
  5. Yeah, this is just a poll.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 6, 2020
  6. Oh, and it's only unpleasant if they aren't on your team tbh. While it's very satisfying to shoot people into the void, all that matters regarding level is winning at all.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 6, 2020
  7. I do not understand what you mean.
    I'm just trying to be helpful. I also do not understand your criticism.
    I don't think I hurt you with anything.

Posted Jun 6, 2020
    ✿ Baͥsiͣcͫ ✿ likes this.
  8. That's pretty concerning.

Posted Jun 6, 2020
  9. That's right. But as you can see, we all strive to make this server secure and enjoyable.

Posted Jun 6, 2020
    ✿ Baͥsiͣcͫ ✿ likes this.
  10. No, I'm saying that hackers are only irritating in solo games or when they are on another team.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 6, 2020
  11. I think GWEN should be improved.
    I think /report should be available to Knights and higher.
    I think players should be reporting more often.

Here is a way for windows 10 players to stop hackers.
    Step one: Open gamebar. (WindowsKey+G to open)
    Step two: Press the button in the recording section that is crossed out, but isn't a microphone. If nothing is crossed out, great you can continue.
    When you find a hacker remember these shortcuts.
    WindowsKey+ALT+G to record the previous 30 seconds if you catch a hacker. WindowsKey+ALT+R to start/stop recording.
    You will need to upload the video to a video website. I use YouTube but make my videos unlisted.
    Then go to mineplex.com/report and you will get a notification if you have an account.
    That is how I report hackers cause I have a Windows 10 PC. Thanks for reading = )!

PS: Use WindowsKey+ALT+PRT SC or WindowsKey+ALT+PRT SC to take screenshots.

Posted Jun 6, 2020,
    Last edited Jun 15, 2020
    lotix, Trebien and QotoZz like this.
  12. As I said above, there is a reason this system is not improving.

Keep in mind that the staff is really busy.

Also really report hackers. Thanks to this, Mineplex is improving~

Posted Jun 6, 2020
  13. Hey there!
    To be completely honest, I believe the best way to reduce the number of hackers is to increase the number of staff members. With more staff circulating both the lobbies as well as the games, I believe more hackers would be properly punished. While there are always new staff acceptances, I think that recording and posting a report is the best way to ensure hackers face consequences.
    Good ideas though! :)

Posted Jun 6, 2020
    pinkphi63 likes this.
  14. I think the staff members are enough.

Also, they cannot be active all the time because they also have a private life.

Keep in mind that they cannot hire anyone who wants to be an staff members. (._.)

Posted Jun 6, 2020
  15. I understand that staff do have a private life and that they cannot be monitoring the server 24/7. Perhaps players can put forth a greater effort to record and report hackers. GWEN could always be improved, however, there will always be hackers that can avoid it. /report would also be useful but this would also require the involvement of staff members.

Posted Jun 6, 2020
  16. i think Mineplex should focus on finding a GWEN developer, as our anticheat could use "a bit" or work

Posted Jun 6, 2020
  17. I do think that the Toolbox option should be the last resort. Until then, we need to do the other options

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 6, 2020
  18. They should introduce IP bans or device bans

Posted Jun 12, 2020
  19. 1 and 4, but since I can only pick one I strongly like 1...

Posted Jun 12, 2020