• 3303 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11741 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Best way to deal with the Halloween games

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Mohawk2, Aug 1, 2019.

1. How they should be brought back:
    The games should all be brought back, but only one at a time and on different days. For example, having Halloween Horror for the first 10 days of October, The Pumpkin's Revenge on days 11-20, and Halloween Havoc days 21-31.

Why is this a good idea?

Currently minecraft is in a resurgence, and a lot of old players have come back to minecraft. This means a lot of these players have played mineplex in 2013-2014, and if you bring back these old games people will want to play them both because they are good games and because players have nostalgia about playing these games. And once you get old players to come back to mineplex, even for a little while, there is a good chance they will keep playing for months or even years. The different days for different games would also be a good idea because it would cause people to come back on different weeks of October instead of just completing the three games at the very beginning and then not coming back.

Why have them all back the whole month of October?
    While this might seem like a good idea, I don't think Mineplex currently has enough players to have all the seasonal games fill up for the entire month of October. Also, like I said in the question above, it would cause people coming back to mineplex at different times, instead of just beating all three on the first or second day of October.

But won't that be a lot of work for the devs?

I'm betting that while it will be more work than just bringing one game back, it won't be too much work due to the fact that Mineplex is still on the same version it was on when these games were played.

Why is this thread so early?
    The devs would likely not accept this idea if they already had a plan and/or they didn't have enough time to work on bringing the games back

Comments, Questions, or ideas?
    Make sure to leave a comment if you have any ideas! I'll try to respond to them or edit my post to answer those questions!

Posted Aug 1, 2019
    _Prof_ and Jango_55 like this.
  2. Yeah I think this is a reasonable idea. I would add that a unique reward should be added for winning each game. Halloween Horror gives a Pet, Pumpkin's Revenge gives a chest, and Halloween Havoc gives a Morph for instance. Having a reward for each would make players want to play consistently (or, at least, once each successive game drops) as opposed to just winning the game, getting the reward, and not playing during the event anymore.

Posted Aug 1, 2019
    Mohawk2 likes this.
  3. Yeah, the reward thing is a good idea because I remember playing in 2016 when there was two Halloween games and being disappointing after beating the second (much harder) game and not getting a new reward.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 1, 2019
  4. Sounds like a brilliant Idea and I hope this gets implemented +1 for me

Posted Aug 1, 2019
    Mohawk2 likes this.
  5. Thread Moved to General Idea Discussion

I think this is a really great idea. Taking advantage on the player-base nostalgia is something we could definitely do. By exploiting that and pushing all of our old Halloween games during this resurgence in Minecraft, I cannot help but agree that it will be better for the network. I like the idea of introducing each game during a specific time to give everyone the chance to play the game(s) they enjoy.

I agree with this, but I think we should differ the prizes and choose what people would really want. If I’m being honest, I won’t want another pet or morph. I think one should be a high level chest (illuminated/omega), a cool particle, and lastly a sword name. Giving players something they will use far more often will cause them to want to play the game more.

Posted Aug 5, 2019
  6. Thanks for the reply! However, I don't really think that the reward should be a chest, I kinda like how you can show off that you beat the year's holiday game, although it would probably be easier for the reward just to be a chest instead of them making a new cosmetic.
    --- Post updated ---
    Bump, not gonna let this die!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 15, 2019
  7. I think that this would be a good idea, and would bring some uniqueness when October arrives. Maybe there could be some missions and reward added as well for completing these games. I like the idea of it not all coming back in one day but spread out throughout the month. I think this would work really well and would give us that Halloween hype. +1

Posted Aug 16, 2019
    Mohawk2 likes this.
  8. Sounds the a great idea!

Posted Aug 17, 2019
    Mohawk2 likes this.
  9. Heyo!

I partially like this idea. Just, the thing is, right when they release it, players will play it. When they beat the game once or twice, it will get boring and they will leave. Then, 10 days later, the same thing will happen. And again.
    For now, this is a +0.5 for me.
    Thank you!
    -Knazamn

Posted Aug 21, 2019 at 2:55 PM
  10. Hey there!
    Halloween is definietly one of the most entertaining and interesting times of the year. I for one really enjoy the event Mineplex hosts every year and I'm definitely interested in seeing some sort of throwback to our Halloween events. I had joined Mineplex right after October 2013 so unfortunately I wasn't there to experience it so I'm definitely hoping to see it return.

As others have said, Mineplex and Minecraft in general is experiencing an increase in player count and taking advantage of it is something we should definitely look into and I'm sure bringing back our famous Halloween events would definitely be an attractive scene for many returning players. Although you've introduced a great idea, I'm not too convinced the timeframe is the best. Splitting the event into three sections seem a bit confusing for many players who might not be up to date with everything and I think that I'd rather see only one of the events come this year. Perhaps a poll on the Mineplex Twitter to determine which event game stays?

Overall, I'm definitely for this idea and I'd love to see a return of one of the most demanding event games. I'm sure many of the old players would enjoy a little throwback and so would our newer players. I think with a little adjustment to the timeframe, this would really come in handy. Keep the ideas coming! [​IMG]

Posted Aug 21, 2019 at 3:57 PM