• 271 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8709 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Best video game series you've ever played?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Segwat, Sep 22, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Hey everyone!

I was just curious and wanted to find out the Mineplex community's opinion on what each of their favorite game series is. For me, it'd have to be the Arkham series, as City was one of the first games I ever played, back in 2011. After that, I've gotten every Arkham game since.

Posted Sep 22, 2019
    Heaty and Klobby like this.
  2. For me, It would probably be the half-life franchise. I did personally try out almost every single game in the series and I'm really impressed how Valve has created such an amazing FPS game. I enjoyed almost every single aspect of the games, from lores to actual gameplays. I also really loved the fact how half-life 2 shows how detailed the environment the game takes place in is and how various AIs can adapt to it. Though if I had to choose between Half-life 2 and Half-life 1 era games, I would probably still choose the original mostly because of the nostalgia I have from playing it. And I'm sure a lot of other people who also had played it can relate with me. One thing that does really hurt me is the cliffhanger at the end of hl2: episode two and how the series was never continued after that. Fortunately, there is an Unofficial source remake of the original Half-life in the works and I am looking towards playing it once it comes out!

Posted Sep 22, 2019,
    Last edited Sep 22, 2019
    Segwat likes this.
  3. The best video game series I have ever played has to be Mario. I played Super Mario Bros, Mario Party 7 and 8, Super Smash Bros, and Mario Kart. All of those games are on the Wii except for Mario Party 7.

Posted Sep 22, 2019
    Segwat and Heaty like this.
  4. Other than Minecraft, I would probably say pokemon. I used to play all the pokemon games as a kid and it was a huge portion of my childhood.

Posted Sep 22, 2019
    Segwat likes this.
  5. Probably Hotline Miami.

Posted Sep 22, 2019
    Segwat likes this.
  6. Paper Mario series, I remember playing it as a child on the gamecube and wii. My favorite game out of the whole series was thousand year door. It had a nice original RPG style gameplay that all of the current up to date paper Mario games lack. They try to implement new features that don't coordinate well with the "RPG" style the games should be giving off, which is why thousand year door is my favorite game out of the whole "paper" series. Thousand year door definitely had some of the best gameplay mechanics and had a great storyline with lots of side quests to do, imo it was one of the best RPG games for its time (2004). Paper Mario 64 and Super Mario Sunshine were also a really good, but wasn't part of the "paper" series, definitely worth mentioning. I grew up playing a bunch of old games on gamecube, wii and dreamcast, which I can still vividly remember everything down to the smallest detail, cause' those were prob some of the most OG games imo.

Posted Sep 22, 2019
    Segwat and skarm like this.
  7. Ace Attorney is probably one of my favorite game series of all time besides the obvious, Pokemon. It's not a game I really got into until around 2016 when the sixth game came out, but the story follows Phoenix Wright, a defense attorney, who has to go through investigations and trials to get an aquittal for his clients aka have his clients declared "not guilty". It's much more fun than it sounds and it's quickly become another one of my favorite game series. The seventh game hasn't been announced, but I have high hopes for it.

Posted Sep 22, 2019
  8. I've loved the Pokemon franchise. Reason being I love Jolteon and it is super nice to use for gameplay. It is super fun to use and the games, in general, are super fun to do challenges on.

Posted Sep 22, 2019
  9. The Paper Mario series is amazingggggg. I love it so much. In my opinion, TTYD was also the best game and then the original is tied with Super Paper Mario. I didn't really play Paper Mario RPG or any of the new ones on 3DS, but I'm definitely a lover of the PM series. I also really love Super Mario Sunshine. It's also definitely in my top 5.

Posted Sep 22, 2019
  10. I currently play lots of games - Ark Survival Evolved, GTA 5, Minecraft, Rocket League, The Forest and (used to play) League of Legends. I'd say my favorite one is probably Ark Survival or Rocket League. Ark is just so fun because I've loved dinosaurs ever since I was little, and this game is literally dedicated to playing with dinos. Taming, exploring and building is also really fun in that game!

Rocket League is also awesome due to the fact that you can easily play with your friends. The mechanics are really fun. The game also has a pretty high skill cap, so you're probably gonna be playing it for a long time until you've become really good at it.

Posted Sep 22, 2019
    Segwat, Klobby and Heaty like this.
  11. Heyo!

While a lot of the games mentioned above are some of my favorites, I'd have to say the Mario Kart series is my all time favorite. I've had a Wii since I was 5, and my first game ever was Mario Kart. I played basically every day, and I even had my mom buy me an actual Kart from Mario Kart (it was a blow up one, which had a spot to put the Wii remote in the wheel on the car). It was really fun, and I had unlocked every item in the game. Since then, I've still been a fanatic of the games, especially Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

My separate favorite franchises would be Paper Mario, Pokemon, and Mario Party. It's nice to see everybody has something in common, and hopefully people can relate to this as well!

Posted Sep 22, 2019
    Segwat likes this.