• 1037 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9821 Players Online
  • 8784 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Best Master Builders moments

Discussion in 'Master Builders' started by affinity0, Oct 6, 2020.

1. I thought it would be nice to have a change of tone on the Master Builders sub-section and introduce a positive thread to promote friendly discussion ^^

This is a place to share some of your builds that you remember most fondly, or are there any builds that you impressed yourself with? How about any builds you saw, that weren't your own, but blew you away? Any friends or interesting people you met through the gamemode? I'd love to hear any positive and fun stories you have from the game!

Posted Oct 6, 2020
  2. the one build that blew me away was a person who legit build absolutely NOTHING and won the game. really shows how much effort they put in, now that's what I call art. other than that, i'm always amazed out how many inappropriate builds there are that win games. they are so impressive because of their detail!

Posted Oct 12, 2020
  3. I once played 3 games in a row with no troll parties at all and just legit builds, I thought that was pretty heckin cool
    (If only I had been recording since that's like a once in a blue moon kinda thing)

Posted Oct 12, 2020
    affinity0, ilyLegend and mab8400 like this.
  4. This perfectly summarized why I don’t like to play this game xD. My little sister is really good a building stuff, and when there are people who make inappropriate images, she gets scared and leaves the game despite putting lot of effort in her builds. What blew me away was that there was lack of moderation, and most of the games were just lobbies trolling each other by always picking “mŸ ëyêš ærę blėèdïńg”, or showcasing “detail” in inappropriate builds

Posted Oct 12, 2020
    Name Tag, affinity0, mab8400 and 2 others like this.

5. I'm really sorry this happens to your sister. I'm always doing my best to try keep Master Builders as safe as it can be and if you, or your sister see any inappropriate builds, you can report them at https://www.mineplex.com/reports and help us keep the game friendly!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 13, 2020
    mab8400, anna. and ilyLegend like this.
  6. I also have a younger sister that I used to play a decent amount of Master Builders with and I'm glad they have stopped playing. The situation has gotten much worse with inappropriate builds basically every game. I have no problem with submitting a forum report, but there is no way I would condone my sister to witness an inappropriate build, take a screenshot of it, store it on their computer, and then go through all the time to have no immediate benefit to them. Yes it might help in the long-term, and that's why I submit forum reports, but how does that help my sister? There are so many alternate accounts that they can just cycle through, and the whole process needs to be sped up completely. Mineplex has done nothing about this and has rejected my idea to try to improve the situation here. Rather than avoid what's facing the BLD community let's start brainstorming ideas that can be implemented to help the problem. If Mineplex wants to be a family-friendly server, it needs to start being proactive.

The most direct solution is to just IP ban, and I actually found one thread where it has been marked in discussion: https://www.mineplex.com/threads/a-solution-to-the-hacker-problem.21288/

Posted Oct 13, 2020,
    Last edited Oct 13, 2020
    ilyLegend likes this.
  7. I thought this was supposed to be a positive Master Builders thread with fun memories from builds lmao

Edit: Here guys I found a small video of a cute build that actually won first place like it deserved :D
    https://imgur.com/a/X1o47e3

Posted Oct 13, 2020,
    Last edited Oct 13, 2020
    mab8400, Xukuwu and affinity0 like this.

8. I did not necessarily mean his sister should report, especially if she does not feel comfortable or able to do so. However staff can't monitor BLD all the time, no matter how much we wish we could, this means forum reports are essential to helping keep this area of the community safe. The more people we punish for building inappropriately, the more we deter. Each and every report and punishment could mean that one less person has to witness some of the horrendous things built.

The idea has been rejected many times and for many reasons, and I really don't see that changing any time soon. I would personally love to see stricter punishments on certain things built in Master Builders, but again I don't think that will happen. This was also meant to be a place to promote positively, not promote an idea that has been countlessly denied, this is not the thread to try push that idea. You are welcome to create another thread to discuss this idea further though, maybe we can finally find a solution to help as many people as possible, I'd really like that ^^

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 13, 2020
    Klobby and Xukuwu like this.
  9. The people that are being reported just go on alternate accounts and are not deterred whatsoever. If that statement was correct, there wouldn't be any inappropriate builds.

Alternate accounts completely circumvent the forum reporting system.

Why is it marked in discussion then and not "Not planned"? It's clear leadership is debating the idea.

I get that staff aren't always able to be there which is why I brought up that thread in the first place. If this thread is supposed to highlight a positive tone why are you liking Mab's post? I liked it because it highlights the problems Master Builders currently has. This is a serious problem. It may not bother you as much since I believe you are in college but that isn't the case for everyone. I would comment some best master builder moments but I honestly can't remember anything besides the inappropriate builds.

Posted Oct 13, 2020,
    Last edited Oct 13, 2020
  10. It was, but then people are just plain rude sometimes. Just stop lol

Posted Oct 13, 2020
  11. A thread being marked as "in discussion" doesn't mean it's being actively discussed by anyone. Threads in the ideas section are just periodically marked as "in discussion" if they have been around for a long enough time, are sensible enough, and have people actually discussing the idea on the thread. Considering that thread is 1.5 years old, I highly doubt anyone is debating that idea anymore.

Most people do agree that something needs to be done with inappropriate builds to make them easier and more efficient to deal with. If you want to make your own thread on that subject, feel free to do so in Game Alterations and at some point, we (GI) will get round to working out exactly how we want to solve this issue. However, this thread was intended to be a positive thread about fond memories in BLD so can I ask that we try to keep it that way and take this discussion to a different thread.

Posted Oct 13, 2020
    Klobby, anna. and affinity0 like this.
  12. Here are some builds that really impressed me and some builds that I made myself. (First 3 are mine, last 2 are by HotCold)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And one of my most fun experiences in Master Builders was when the whole lobby got along and everyone was complimenting all of the builds. I've made so many friends because of Master Builders, I definitely recommend the game.

Posted Oct 13, 2020
    Xukuwu and anna. like this.
  13. [​IMG]

Posted Oct 14, 2020
    hxlo and anna. like this.
  14. Cool!

Posted Oct 21, 2020
  15. THAT'S the reason I don't have the Master Builders win achievement. Props to you guys, though!

Posted Oct 21, 2020,
    Last edited Oct 21, 2020
  16. Great moments!

Posted Oct 21, 2020
  17. I don't have screenshots like Conque (<3), but I do recall a time when I made a pretty awesome build on a not-so-awesome prompt. The prompt was wrench, and I had the idea of a plumber, which led me to think of Mario. I ended up build a pretty cool Mario holding a wrench. :D

Posted Oct 23, 2020
  18. Hello,

Honestly my favorite memory about master builders is how back when it first came out everyone was so serious about actually putting their best into their builds. It was so competitive, and lots of fun being able to compete and play in a game non-pvp. It was just relaxed, and I remember many nights I would just stay up until three in the morning playing master builders with my friends on skype back before discord blew up.

Miss those days for sure lol.

Posted Nov 4, 2020
    mab8400 likes this.