• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10614 Players Online
  • 7724 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Being called a cheater. Hilarious!

Discussion in 'Draw My Thing' started by extrememobs2002, Mar 27, 2020.

1. I was playing a round of DMT and in one of the rounds the word was 8 letters. Since I have played a lot of games, I always guess redstone first since I've noticed that it was a popular 8 letter word. In this particular round the word was actually redstone so I immediately guessed the word.

After that these two people called me a cheater claiming that I was ghosting which I wasn't. I told them I always guess certain words first and it depends on the amount of letters that the word has. They then told me that I am a cheater since I tried guessing the word before the person drew anything which I thought was hilarious because DMT is a pointless game that I didn't expect to be called a cheater. This is just a funny story that I wanted to share. They also said they would report me lol.

Posted Mar 27, 2020
  2. It takes someone with a good memory to memorise all the words in DMT and I know it annoys people when they are against them as it's essentially an automatic win. I don't play much DMT anymore, but I really think they should add more words so it gets harder for people to memorise, especially more words with the same amount of characters so when you think "oh, 8 letters" it could be either 'diamonds', 'redstone' etc.

As for them reporting you, if you're not breaking rules, then you have nothing to worry about! Guessing words is not against the rules, and unless the person was DMing you on a 3rd party application, then it would be impossible to get evidence that you're Gameplay Trolling (telling people the words is gameplay trolling not ghosting :crazysigils:). Happens in most games, I win in SSM using skeleton vs 3 creepers and I'm a cheater because I managed to kill one of them. Just want to throw out a warning though, if you do get harassed (you ask them to stop but they continue) or they start spamming hackstuations, then moderation action might need to be taken. This is where you can take a full screenshot and report it here.

Posted Mar 28, 2020
  3. Hey!

It all comes down to experience in the game. You're good at DMT and there's nothing more to it. You need to ignore these players that call you a cheater. Their intentions are to get you down and if you start posting threads about the problem and overall react in a negative way, you're just fulfilling their purpose of calling you a cheater. You really don't need to worry if you are being reported. You know you didn't do anything wrong and that's really all that matters. For future reference, if this happens again you have 2 options;

-Don't respond to them. There isn't any need. Just focus on the game at all costs. Prove them wrong and show your skill.

-/ignore. There is nothing wrong with using this command. On the contrary, it was added for these types of situations. Don't be afraid to use it. If it helps you focus on the game more, by all means use it and enjoy the game!

Side Note: There isn't really need for these types of "stories" to be shared. If anything, it just shows negative experiences on the server and that doesn't help anyone in the slightest.

Regards,
    Sacred

Posted Mar 28, 2020
    xGetRekted and yulufi / Sean like this.
  4. Hey!

I do not see any way for someone to cheat in Draw My Thing. I understand that you can guess the word, it's not impossible and I have done it before. I guess you just have to ignore the people that say you are cheating because there is no actual way to in your case.

- 6_figures (Jorden)

Posted Apr 8, 2020
  5. There is a website that you can cheat on, and you can ghost by teaming with a friend or a group of friends. Unfortunately, the first one is not really punishable without a self report.

Posted Apr 8, 2020
    FluteVegetables likes this.
  6. You will run into people like that more often as you get better. Some people think that just because you're better than them, you must be a hacker or a cheater. As long as you know you're not cheating, it's perfectly fine and you should just ignore them.

Posted Apr 9, 2020