• 1140 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5989 Players Online
  • 4849 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Being able to say "gg" throughout games

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Bobtroopo, May 22, 2020.

?

Allow "gg" to be said throughout games

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. When a game ends most people say "gg" (meaning good game, I suggest you say it also). However, if you say nothing during that round then, when you try to say "gg" (or something along those lines), it tells you "This message is too similar to your previous message." and forces you to choose something else like "ggs" "gg." "g g" etc. I feel that this should be removed just for the word "gg" between games. I fully agree that players shouldn't be able to spam it after a game ends, but there should be a cooldown limit (probably like 3 or 4 minutes) before you can say it again.

Feel free to write down your ideas below!

Posted May 22, 2020
  2. Hey!
    I know exactly what you mean by this! Usually when this happens to me I'll just write "gg." or "ggg" but it defiantly would be nice if they made it so that gg can be repeated because it's a nice phrase to use after gameplay. However, I don't know if they'll be able to bypass one word or not because this system is there to prevent spam and some people may over do it.

+1 idea

Posted May 22, 2020,
    Last edited May 22, 2020
  3. Hey!

This was already requested as shown on this thread. Although this was denied against by a Moderator, I still think it should be added. I find it very annoying when this happens too and I really don't see why it can't be added on that little bit after the game ended.

+1 from me

Posted May 22, 2020
  4. I think there should be a cooldown on all words, as I usually say something like clapped, slapped, or gg ez after every game.

Posted May 22, 2020
  5. +1

Posted May 22, 2020
  6. I really like this idea, but I do not think it should be implemented. I usually say "gg" when I die, and then if I stay until the end of a game I will say it again. What I usually do is switch from saying "gg" to "good game". It is still easy to type, but I would rather be able to say "gg" multiple times. I can see why it may be an issue though, with players who just want to spam "gg" over and over again as it wouldn't be caught, so I don't think it should be added.

Posted May 22, 2020
    christxqn likes this.
  7. Or just type something different. Gg Ggs gg! Ggss gg guys and any addition bypasses it. But it’s to prevent spam of the same thing so it has its purpose. I understand what you mean but there is ways round it.

Posted May 22, 2020
  8. Hey!

I would like to see this fixed also! It's not really annoying for me since I say "gg" then "good game" then go back to "gg" and so on. But it's a minor thing that will be less annoying for players that just say "gg". But, I don't even know if Mineplex can add this in. They might have to rework their chat system and if that's the case, then this probably wouldn't happen. Though if this can get added, I'd like to see it added!

Overall, I give this idea a +1, thanks for the idea!

Posted May 22, 2020
  9. I totally know what you mean by this. I know that people above me have said that you can just say good game but I know that some people spam gg and good game by just switching between the two which kind of takes away the purpose of the anti-spam with gg. So, I am totally in favor of this being implemented!

Posted May 22, 2020
  10. lol kinda not nice but ok

but yeah you can just say gg and then ggg which is what i do...i don't think this is a really a good thing for the devs or staff to put time into since its not that important. I feel there are better things to be worked on but I mean, I totally still agree. Especially since you started playing block hunt, it's definitely something that happens a lot after afking wins

Posted May 22, 2020
  11. I really like this idea, although someone could still spam it. If they make it possible only at the end of a game somehow to bypass only “gg,” it would be great! +1 from me!

Posted May 23, 2020
  12. I can understand that it may get annoying, but I don't think it needs to be a high priority for development. People can easily switch between saying "gg" and "gg."
    It's a pretty simple fix to the problem, and it wouldn't require having the filter be adjusted for such a small problem. There would also definitely be problems with people spamming it if the filter was removed for it. I guess a cooldown could be implemented for it, but with the amount of easy ways for players to fix the problem, it just doesn't seem completely necessary to spend time fixing.

Posted May 23, 2020
    PROSTONE and IvanProvorov like this.
  13. Hey!
    I agree with 510bike. I don't think a change like this should be in high demand and focused highly on by the development team. Sure it can get pretty annoying when "gg" is filtered after you've already said it previously, but it's super easy to bypass it, like for me, I just add a period (gg.)and alternate between the two. Or i've seen others do "gege" or "ggs". Basically I just think it's easy enough to avoid this, and not really worth the time of the developers.

Posted May 23, 2020,
    Last edited May 23, 2020
  14. Hey!

I too have been in this situation before, especially in short games like Nano. Sometimes, the games could be 1-2 minutes, which makes this super annoying. Because of this situation, it has forced me to make keybinds for saying "gg" and "gg!" just so I don't need to repeat the same word. To fix this, I definitely agree, there should be some sort of cooldown. But, like I stated above, some Nano Games could last up to 1-2 minutes (depending on the game), so I would make it somewhere in between 1-2 minutes. Overall, this seems like a great idea and I'm all for it. You get a +1 from me.

Posted May 23, 2020
    InfiniteLag likes this.
  15. Hey!

I was just thinking about this idea earlier today! I understand the reason why all words cannot be said twice in a row to prevent the chat spam, however, gg is often something I attempt to say many times in a row and have to think of an alternative due to me saying it previously.

I think that an exception to the chat filter to allow gg being said consecutively would be a fine addition, however, there would have to be some sort of cooldown to prevent people specifically spamming gg. An addition with perhaps a 30-second cooldown would be a nice alternative.

+1

Posted May 23, 2020
    InfiniteLag likes this.