• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Being Able to Choose the amount you /thank someone for

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Animalll, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Animalll

Animalll

Hey!

I personally love to /thank people (especially @SaucyStyle ). Anyways, I think that you should be able to choose the amount you /thank someone for. (Also you should be able to /thank more than once a day). I think there should be some boundaries. The highest you amount you can /thank someone for is ten thousand shards, since that's the price of a mythical chest. I don't think this would be hard to implement or that there is anything that is too much of an ask in this post.

Please respond with your feedback, I would love to hear it!

Posted Feb 8, 2019
    SaucyStyle, ireallylikerats and xOeuf like this.
  2. xOeuf

xOeuf

I would like that, as long as there would be a confirmation text that you need to click on (like parties) so you don't accidentally do too much or too little. Switching to gems should also be an option with a cap of 100k.
    They've got this same system on other servers too and it works out great.

Posted Feb 8, 2019
  3. I don’t really ever thank people, but depending on what they did, the price you pay could fluctuate. I support fully on this, good idea. There really isn’t anything to loose, unless a maximum is not put into place.

Posted Feb 8, 2019
  4. Jaekub

Jaekub

Here's the problem. Thanking people is free, and you each get 5 Shards. I think thanking for a set amount would break the balance in which Shards work. I like where you're coming from but I'll have to give this a -1

Posted Feb 8, 2019
  5. leo_thya

leo_thya

Only way I see this implemented is if it takes from your account.

Posted Feb 8, 2019
  6. Sven

Sven

Hey @Animalll

I like where your head's at and I love the intention behind your suggestion. Being able to decide how much you would like to /thank people would be nice. With this being said, I see there being a large opportunity for it being abused. Say I wanted to buy the Slime Morph which is priced with 70k shards. if I was ina group of 3 people and they all funneled (/thank'ed me) all their shards, it would not be difficult to do whatsoever. I believe this would ruin the spirit behind collecting shards and spending them on chests and morphs.

This idea is very reminicient of a /pay command and mineplex has already avoided commands like /pay with gems and coins as it can be strongly abused by others.

Posted Feb 8, 2019
    Evence likes this.
  7. xSebbie

xSebbie

Hiya,

I am going to have to disagree with this idea being implemented. As someone has stated above, the amount of shards you receive from the thank command is 5 shards when an amplifier is used. These amplifiers can be gained in different ways, but the most known way would be through the shop. I don’t believe this command should be given to every player with such an extreme amount when something that is bought with real money only gives 5 shards.

If this were to be implemented, I believe it should be at an extremely lower shard amount. For example, if someone where to be thanked, I think the amount every time should be around 30 shards. I also think that it shouldn’t be an amount at you choose, but instead of a flat rate of 30 shards when you use the command /thank (player). I understand that may sound low, but 10000 shards every time you were thanked could be abused and would make the passive shard increase on ranks essentially useless. It would also give players less incentive to farm shards when there are event chests because some friends can just give 10000 shards two times and get the chest.
    I was also wondering, would these shards be transferred from one character to another character when this command is used? Personally, I don’t really like that system, but I can see the appeal from others. As said above, that would make this command essentially a /pay command, which I would not like to see implemented on the server, especially not with shards.

Overall, I think this could be a good idea with extreme changes to the prices because, with the current prices, I don’t think the marketing team would approve this. I am also unsure if this command would break the EULA in place by Mojang, but hopefully, another member can shed light on this, although I don’t think it would. This is a legitimate command right now, and when a player is thanked in the lobby, that player and yourself will receive 5 shards. I would love to hear more suggestions!

If you have any more questions/concerns, feel free to PM me whenever!
    Have a fantastic day!

Posted Feb 8, 2019,
    Last edited Feb 8, 2019
  8. Tomeroo

Tomeroo

Hiya!
    I think that this would be a great idea too although I think that the cap should be lower than the 100 thousand gems that @ImTooHigh suggested. Otherwise, I agree with what you've suggested and I hope to see this implemented in the future!
    - Tomeroo

Posted Feb 8, 2019
    xOeuf likes this.
  9. BBoy2003

BBoy2003

you respond to lots of my posts so I think It's only fair that I do the same. I personally don't use /thank I didn't even know that was a command but the way you put it sounds like a pretty good idea, at first glance I don't really see any downside to it. Best of luck :D

Posted Feb 8, 2019
  10. Phamtastic

Phamtastic

Hey there!

I do appreciate your idea to make implementation, but I feel like I cannot agree with you what you have. Although, I would prefer to stay where it is right now. When you try to /thank someone who has Game Amplifiers on, they will receive 5 shards per players. If they set and change the amount, it will cause to be unbalanced. I will have to give it a -1 as this will not going to implement to the server.

Posted Feb 8, 2019
    Evence likes this.
  11. Evence

Evence

Hello!

Unfortunately, I am going to have to disagree with this idea due to the reasons stated above. I believe this could be easily abused, to the point where the sense of working for shards diminishes. As Sven stated, a group of friends could come together and /thank 10,000 shards each to the player. This would be very unfair, as numerous players have had to work for those shards. Furthermore, the system we have now is fine, as it does not accumulate to a large sum of shards; it is more of a way to show your appreciation to the player.

Tl;dr It would encourage players to stop working/playing for the gems, and start asking players for large /thank's. Which in-turn contradicts the whole point of the system of working/playing for those rewards.

Posted Feb 8, 2019
    xEspe0n likes this.
  12. DiamondBudderAxe

DiamondBudderAxe

I feel like this would already have been implementing (not necessarily part of thanking, just some sort of a paying command). The problem is that there isn't a real use for gems when you get to higher levels, as you just have way too much and I think that is a problem. Shards still have some use, as I do still enjoy buying chests (I have to say I enjoy it a little less than I did before, but part of the excitement is still there and for gems it's completely absent). I think the real problem is not having enough things to use your in game currencies on.

Because if you were to thank someone 10k shards, let's be honest, you got way too many shards or aren't interested in chests. In some cases you could just genuinely give someone your shards even though you don't have many, but I think the first situation would happen a lot more.

I think in the beginning, your gem hunter is low and you don't get many rewards, and every little bit counts. I think players should have that situation for as long as possible because after, there is almost no use for them. That's my two cents.

Posted Feb 9, 2019
  13. EmmaLie

EmmaLie

I'm all for maybe increasing the amount you get when you /thank someone (maybe to like 20-50 shards) but if you have the ability to set the amount you can give someone, it's basically a version of /pay which has been previously denied due to scamming, potential compromised accounts & also breaking the economy.

Posted Feb 9, 2019
    Evence likes this.
  14. Wiz_Techno

Wiz_Techno

It was agreed upon in GI to increase /thank to 30 shards or something? Any word on that from Production?

Posted Feb 9, 2019
    Evence likes this.
  15. EmmaLie

EmmaLie

Was never sent to me or Ideas iirc so hasn't been looked at by production

Posted Feb 9, 2019
  16. Vocaloiid

Vocaloiid

Don't remember ever discussing this. Could you tag me on the discord if you find it?

Posted Feb 9, 2019
  17. Wiz_Techno

Wiz_Techno

Hmmmmm I guess so
    --- Post updated ---
    Never mind @Vocaloiid i did an ooopsie. I discussed it with some others in a thread that was title Comp & Amp. Ideas or something. Ideas should have it somewhere.

Posted Feb 9, 2019
  18. Animalll

Animalll

Hey Everyone!

First off, I would like to thank you all for responding to my post. I never would've thought that this post would've got more than 3 replies! Anyways, I understand the reasons for disagreement and I would like to say that I have thought of some changes. I still think that you should be able to choose the amount that you /thank someone for, but instead of the maximum being 10 thousand shards, it should be one thousand. I don't think this is too high, I think this would be a good amount of shards, since it would make it harder to abuse the /thank system. However, if this idea is to be rejected, I hope that /thank gets buffed and instead of 5 shards for thanking someone, it should be at least 50, since 5 shards isn't much.

Thank you all for your feedback!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 9, 2019
  19. xUmbreon

xUmbreon

I think that this is a pretty nice idea, although I'm probably going to have to disagree with it. Even with the alterations that you made in your latest post, I think that this command could be too easily abused. 1000 treasure shards at the cap is still a bit too much, and I think that the cap should be around 30 or 50. It isn't easily abusable at this cap and I think it would overall be better that way. I'm all for adding more shards to the idea, I just don't think it should be as much as you've suggested. Pretty cool idea though.

Posted Feb 9, 2019