• 3313 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 14023 Players Online
  • 10710 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Being Able to buy chest with gems and shards

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by HexModi, Mar 30, 2020.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Why not have the choice to have the ability to buy chests with gems instead of only shards?

Posted Mar 30, 2020
  2. I believe this idea was proposed in the past and was rejected. The reason you can’t buy chests with gems is that it would decrease the value of the chests significantly. Gems are much easier to obtain than shards, and the point of chests is to be “exclusive” for when you have enough shards or if you unlock a rank. By allowing chests to be purchased with gems, pretty much everyone would be able to afford them, and thus, the value of the chest would decrease.

Posted Mar 30, 2020
    Zykerrr likes this.
  3. As @ChrissyTheFish has said, this has been denied many times in the past. You can read one of those threads here. In short, this idea has been denied as it violates the EULA by mixing soft currency (gems) and hard currency (shards).

Posted Mar 30, 2020
    Fallen™ and Klobby like this.
  4. Immortal rank violates the EULA by giving players who pay more gems.
    :/

Posted Mar 30, 2020
  5. While Chrissy does make a good point, that is not the reason why gems are not allowed to be used to buy chests. To explain it in simple terms, this idea would be an EULA violation. It is an agreement that the server has made which prevents them from combining or using the two currencies for the same goods. Gems are earned from playing and leveling up in game and can be used to buy more in-game kits. Shards are also earned in game but are used to buy cosmetics, which are also purchasable with real money. These two currencies can not be used in place of one another, and the act of doing so frankly would render the other one useless. They are kept separate for a reason and will likely be kept that way.
    I don’t understand why it is necessary to bring that discussion into play because it doesn’t relate to the thread and gems have been watered down so much that you clearly aren’t concerned that players are getting the slightest of advantages, but rather are finding anything to rip on the server about. If you have anything relevant to add to the discussion than Id be happy to respond.

Posted Mar 30, 2020,
    Last edited Mar 30, 2020
    Xukuwu likes this.
  6. Weeeeellllll If mineplex ever decides to make another rank (or buff Immortal with more perks) I could easily see a Gem to chest or even Gem to shard conversion feature being added. This would be something some players want, and while it violates the EULA, no one really cares about that anymore.

Posted Mar 30, 2020
  7. Hey!

I would love for this idea to be added but unfortunately it violates the EULA, as the people above me has said. But if it didn't I would be all for this idea, we need more uses for gems.

Posted Mar 30, 2020
    Styxkiller03 likes this.
  8. It would be kinda silly to buy crates with gems, to be honest. Either way, all you do with gems is buy kits and with shards, it's used to buy crates. It sounds cool but then all people would use all there gems to buy crates instead of shards.

Posted Mar 30, 2020
  9. Aside from the EULA argument, even if it was allowed, it can be inferred that Mineplex still would not allow players to buy chests with gems. Take a look at this thread. Additionally, read this excerpt that provides some insight:

While I think gems could be useful for other stuff, I don't think gems should be tampered with crates and I personally don't favor the gem convertor to shards. This is my reasoning why those two ideas can't work on Mineplex.

For crates/chests, allowing gems to be converted for that will completely change the market of crates on Mineplex. Cosmetics are mostly based off of chests on Mineplex. There is a reason why Mineplex offers people to buy crates through their Mineplex shop. That is because shards have more value than gems, and are relatively more difficult to get than gems. People with the immortal rank can easily take advantage of this with their double gems perk.

Even if the ratio of gem converting is relatively low, this could cause some issues. While the probability of getting a rank upgrade is very low, the chances will be much easier if people will have more access to chests/'crates on Mineplex. I could be overestimating but I don't know. This could then affect the market of getting ranks/rank upgrades in the Mineplex shop. While it is at such a slight advantage, it can still affect the market of Mineplex.

This excerpt is from one of the posts from the linked thread that I thought would be helpful to read. I don't think the answer that the OP was looking for was that EULA prevents Mineplex from doing this.

Posted Mar 30, 2020
    Wiz2K likes this.
  10. Greetings!

Many have mentioned that the proposed idea would be a EULA violation mixing soft & hard currencies and yes, yes it would. But aside from the EULA,the idea unfortunately just wouldn't work in practice.

Having two currencies depend on each other would devalue both of them, as they're both for different uses. Gems are used for kits (and Clans dailies!!), while shards are used for Chests (and other cosmetics). Someone with an excess of gems could pump them into chests, bypassing the entire point of shards, making them useless. Even if it was a steep conversion, the effect would be more negative than positive, and you'd likely have to make the conversion rate too steep to be worth it, if you wanted to prevent abuse of the system.

Relating the two currencies through any form of conversion also has the unintended consequence of making them depend on each other. This means that if Mineplex were to add a 4x gem booster (just as an example), and it catastrophically messed up the Gem economy more than many agree it is, it would also ruin the cosmetics economy. This would have an amplified effect if we opened the door to any sort of conversion not necessarily immediately, but down the line. Say, if we wanted to convert back from old unused chests to shards, or shards to gems.

At any rate, I commend you for the idea and thank you for sharing. Keep them coming!

Regards,
    Isaac.

Posted Apr 1, 2020
    Wiz2K and ChrissyTheFish like this.
  11. Dumb question, I'm guessing you are only able to buy chests on java? I can't do so on bedrock

Posted Apr 1, 2020
  12. No such thing as dumb questions (also this isn't the right thread for it), but yes you can only buy chests in the VIRTUAL store on the Java edition of the game.

You can buy chests with shards on both bedrock & java, and use amplifiers on bedrock to get more shards (effectively letting you buy chests faster). But you can't buy them on this website or in the marketplace. :)

Any other questions, feel free to DM me.

Posted Apr 1, 2020
    Dorks likes this.
  13. Hey! Like many people have already said this was denied in the past. As you can see here (https://www.mineplex.com/threads/ma...-increase-the-rate-to-get-another-rank.89060/) it was denied because it violates the EULA. Mineplex are not allowed to mix their currencies since they are two different types. Gems are "soft" (earned in games) and shards are "hard" (purchased). We can't do that because it breaks the EULA to mix them. Therefore, this will be marked as "Not Planned" and locked.

Thread Locked >> Not Planned - Breaks EULA

Posted Apr 2, 2020
    Wiz2K likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.