• 1780 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6650 Players Online
  • 4870 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion BEDWARS

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by hirezake, Mar 10, 2019.

1. Bedwars is an amazing game. I do know that cake wars is basically the same though overall, bedwars is more intense. It is better because you don't have to capture beacons to get some emeralds and nether stars. It just has more hype and on other server that I have played bedwars on, it has had the most amount of players even if there were about 10 more games that you could play. I had seen about 1 or 10 thousand people play it once( this was long ago about 3 months). I am sure many other people want this game mode in. You don't have to make new maps as the cake wars maps are already awesome.

Posted Mar 10, 2019
  2. we can't control the amount of people playing

Cake Wars is Bedwars but improved imo, and this is a complete copy of -snip- soo

Posted Mar 10, 2019
    Wiz_Techno and Kollu like this.
  3. Even though cake wars is pretty much ripped off of bedwars/egg wars copying it exactly would look bad on mineplexe's part.

Posted Mar 10, 2019
    Kollu likes this.
  4. We already have Cake Wars which is a very similar concept, there would be no point in bringing Bedwars to Mineplex. As a server we're not going to add a game which is exactly the same, not only would it look bad on our part but it's also not needed. Cake Wars is something that people really enjoy, which can be clearly seen as it's one of our most popular games. If people want to play Bedwars then they'll go to the server that it's on, implementing it into Mineplex wouldn't make us more popular at all. I really don't think that this is going to happen because of some of the reasons I stated.

Posted Mar 10, 2019
    Kollu likes this.
  5. Heyo

Like you and other people said above me this is basically cakewars and also we do not want to copy other servers from their brilliant ideas. Hence the reason we got cakewars we put a twist on it with kits and capture points. Also if bedwars was added it would split the player base and we do not want that

-1 from me

Posted Mar 17, 2019
  6. I think cake is better than bed or egg or chest wars, because of the fact that it takes more to get rid of the cake, more of a challenge, the others are far too easy, only need one hit and it's gone for the others. I prefer challenging game not one where as soon as your there you one hit and it's done, cake wars takes more to do, I see half eatin cakes sometimes when I get to a teams cake

Posted Mar 17, 2019
    Kollu likes this.
  7. Cakewars is a Bedwars gamemode except more unique and original. This of course is my opinion, but in my experience on other servers, I haven't really seen their Bedwars be done in a unique way. The kits, the beacons, the fact that it's a cake and not a bed, all make Cakewars more fun for me. Plus like the whole concept of fighting over a cake rather than a bed makes a million times more sense to me lol.

As far as Mineplex making a Bedwars instead, 99.999999% won't happen. They already have Cakewars which is the same (protect the point & destroy other points) concept as Bedwars. Only difference is the layout of the game. I would never want Mineplex to add Bedwars to the server if the only difference is them taking the cake and putting a bed instead. Hurts the theme and Mineplex's culture of spinoffs.

Posted Mar 17, 2019
    Dutty and Kollu like this.
  8. And then I will be hungry :(

Posted Mar 17, 2019
    Kollu likes this.
  9. It's already been stated above by other players multiple times but, there's really no point in adding another gamemode so similar to a gamemode we already have, especially the fact that it'd be an exact copy. Cake Wars has its own unique spin on the concept of protecting the cake/bed while trying to destroy other teams cakes/beds, which in my opinion makes it special and more fun honestly. Cake Wars seems plenty popular as it is and I feel like even just modifying it to be like Bed Wars would take away what makes it unique and make it less popular if anything.

Posted Mar 17, 2019
    Kollu likes this.
  10. Hey There!
    As mentioned prior, we already do have a pretty similar game-mode called CakeWars, so I see it slightly pointless in adding a game that we practically already have. In my own opinion, CakeWars is more intense as the cake can't be destroyed instantly, instead, bites have to be taken first, which can cause very tense games. If you are convinced that BedWars is a much better concept, elaborate on some twists or special features that we could put into our existing CakeWars game, or BedWars, to make it different and exciting for everyone, should we choose to implement it.
    Hope This Helps!

Posted Mar 17, 2019
    Kollu likes this.
  11. -200 Mineplex's REP if they add bedwars

Posted Mar 22, 2019