• 361 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3458 Players Online
  • 3097 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

[BEDROCK QOL]Add a lobby selector like the Java Server.

Discussion in 'Bedrock Ideas' started by yvuggu, Mar 6, 2021.

1. Title explains it. This way the player isn't met with a Does this server exist? message or a Server is Full message. If they want to invite a friend to a party but the current lobby is full, they can find a lobby with space. It would show how many players there are out of max as well.

Posted Mar 6, 2021
    Diego0160, Kight and Mystic 0440 like this.
  2. I mean, I see the point of it. When I had my Window's 10 Edition of Minecraft, it was hard to get a lobby with friends. I support this.

Posted Mar 6, 2021
    Mystic 0440 and yvuggu like this.
  3. I really see this as a great idea that would benefit a ton of players. While I'm not sure how long this would;d take to actually get added due to the lack of Dev time (especially on Bedrock). I do think this should be higher up on the priority list due to whenever I try going to a lobby from a game I get hit with that. Overall I don't really see a negative of adding this so I 100% support this being added in the near future.

Posted Mar 6, 2021
  4. I sort of agree, sometimes plays might get stuck and cant find the find game npc's, but I feel like it might be a little accessive.

+1

Posted Mar 6, 2021
    Mystic 0440 and yvuggu like this.
  5. I definitely like this idea, since it would help tighten the link between both Java and Bedrock Mineplex alike. Epic pretty much covered everything else I wanted to say about this so you got a yes from me!

+1

Posted Mar 6, 2021
    Jet Starglaze, Mystic 0440 and yvuggu like this.
  6. On the Bedrock Ideas Trello for the past 2 years, let's hope it will be implemented within the next QoL updates.

+1, it would especially be beneficial for console players as commands are annoying to type. Lobby-1 could also be a separate block in the gui with a message saying that staff are most likely found here if one needs help, or another object in the centre of the top row of the gui, eg. a feather, that when hovered over says "If you need any assistance from a staff member, whether it is regarding a rule-breaker or simply to ask a question, they are commonly in Lobby-1!".

Posted Mar 7, 2021
    Amg, Mystic 0440 and yvuggu like this.
  7. Thanks for the feedback!
    Thanks for the feedback!
    Thanks for the feedback!
    Thanks for the feedback!
    Thanks for the feedback! Although I don't really agree with the lobby 1 thing. It's actually quite uncommon for me to find a staff member in lobby 1(on Bedrock, Lobby 1 is like any other lobby most of the time).

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 7, 2021,
    Last edited Mar 7, 2021
    Jet Starglaze and maevestarbaby like this.
  8. I completely agree. Currently it can be difficult to navigate Bedrock, as some players might not understand the /sv system and there are also more restrictions on how /sv works on Bedrock. This would make it much easier to everyone to navigate between lobbies, as it would be much more self explanatory and you wouldn't need to type any commands.

The only problem I see arising is with how Bedrock UIs are set up, as it might take a while to navigate if all the lobbies available were just thrown in a UI, as I believe there are usually about 30-50 lobbies available. This would be a ton of selection options in a UI and would probably cause some issues. I am not sure if there is another way to set it up, so it is a bit more clean, but I definitely think it is worth looking into.

Posted Mar 7, 2021
    Amg and yvuggu like this.
  9. I feel the others above me stated my opinion on this, but overall I completely agree.

Posted Mar 8, 2021
    yvuggu likes this.
  10. Thanks for the feedback! So yes, there is a way to make it cleaner. On other servers that have "War" games, they have a shop where when you click on the NPC, it brings up multiple categories(like Armor, Weapons, Blocks, Special which includes snowballs, ender pearls, and other stuff). When you click on a category, it brings up all the available things to buy. For example, assuming you clicked Blocks, it will bring up stuff like wool, concrete, andesite, etc. Then you can buy them, so everything is in one NPC.

From this, we can conclude that there can be buttons at the bottom such as More and Page 2. It will definitely be a bit buggy with the ever-changing number of people in lobbies.
    Thanks for the feedback! Make sure to like the posts that you agree on.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 8, 2021
  11. I agree with this, I know they are working on server hardware and trying to fix this. Server hardware plus this could actually bring players back since it had gotten low recently.

Posted Mar 12, 2021
    yvuggu likes this.
  12. Hey there!
    I like the idea of a lobby selector! I’ve played more and more on Mineplex Java lately, and I can tell you from experience that the lobby selector is used quite often! While there is the lesser-known /sv command that works the same way as a lobby selector (/sv [lobby number]), not many newer players know about this, so a lobby selector would be very helpful for them.

However, similar to @malism’s response up above, I am concerned about the UI in the lobby selector. On Mineplex java, pretty much everything is in a chest ui. On bedrock, everything is a large button that is as wide as the ui itself, which would take up way to much space, even for the PC players. Therefore, if the ui were different so that it’s smaller for PC players on a bigger screen and larger for mobile players, I would love to see this added!
    -Bob

Posted Mar 13, 2021
    traincar100 and yvuggu like this.