• 1078 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9547 Players Online
  • 8469 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Bedrock Profile Page In-Game

Discussion in 'Bedrock Ideas' started by Jet Starglaze, Feb 19, 2021.

?

Would you like to see this added?

1. Yes!

2. No (comment why)

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Hey!

So i was thinking we could have a page where we can view all the things related to our character. It would be an item in the hotbar in the hub, and it would be a book or somthing. when you open it, it would bring up a menu that shows your character, the amount of gems you have, shards, friends and more.

Then, it would have a option for "games" and you could click it and it would open a list of games, that, when you click on then, would show your stats for that game. what lb place if you're on it, wins, losses, deaths, kills etc.

It would have everything that you would need to know about yourself.

Ill add to this thread if i get any more ideas!

Like and vote to show support!

Thanks!

Posted Feb 19, 2021
  2. :) I like this idea! Currently i don't know my "favorite game" (I think its cake wars but I'm not sure), I don't know my number of shards, so this will definitely be a good addition! Maybe it'll be an enchanted book or a head.

Posted Feb 19, 2021
    Jet Starglaze and yvuggu like this.
  3. I don't really agree with having the whole stat system in there(Carl would be preferred), but the favorite game and gems/shards stuff in the profile(added bonus: you get to see your level, which is kinda useless but for people that don't play too much they might not remember it would be helpful)could be used for two things:

1)Obviously knowing your highest win to lose rate game
    2)You get to know how many gems and shards you have without playing a game, which has been suggested before and is a great idea.

A head or an enchanted book or a normal book, like the user above me suggested, would be preferrable. I don't think it'll "clog up the hotbar."

Posted Feb 19, 2021
    Pogchamp 300000 and Ryan9116 like this.
  4. A Bedrock stats page has actually been approved by Production, but the thing about Bedrock is that production moves at a glacial pace due to the fact that before they start new features they need to patch existing bugs and, of course, bugs arise when developing new features that must be fixed. Our Bedrock developers do work very hard-- it's just hard to see it since they need to spend so much time backtracking and fixing bugs before they can work on anything cool like new features. Moreover, even when they can work on new features, there are others that take more importance over the statistics page and other popular suggestions.

This isn't really new, either. Minecraft Bedrock is, at a fundamental level, a very poorly designed game with many technical shortcomings that become painfully evident when the game is mass-deployed (i.e: Mineplex's Bedrock network). The best we can do is be patient with Mineplex's Bedrock development team and know that they are working very hard.

Here's the interesting bit, though: Mineplex Bedrock has already had a functional statistics page. It was removed due to a number of reasons, but Development has always meant to reintroduce it eventually. The good news, though, is that I can assure you that Mineplex Bedrock does record and collect statistics-- they just need a new, better way to make them accessible.

Posted Feb 19, 2021
    Pogchamp 300000, Ryan9116 and yvuggu like this.
  5. I used to use player IDs to see stats but they randomly stopped working in April of 2020 iirc. I know those arent the stats ur talking about but do u know why those were stopped and if there are any current alternatives other than being in the top 100 for a game?

Posted Feb 19, 2021
  6. It was likely due to either an API change, which isn't terribly uncommon, or, more likely, a security patch, since you really weren't supposed to be able to see player stats with the Player ID system.

That said, take what I'm saying with a major grain of salt. I'm not a Developer and it's been a while since I've been plugged into Mineplex's Bedrock operations.

Posted Feb 19, 2021
    ForevrrFury likes this.