• 255 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2339 Players Online
  • 2084 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion [Bedrock] Pocket Bridges V2

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by GuardianInASuit, Feb 26, 2019.

1. (Red = Map Related ideas, Green = Treasure Chest Ideas, Orange = Bookshelf tracking Idea, Cyan = Speed Ideas, Blue = Upgrades Yellow = Bridge Points Purple = Game Info)

Pocket Bridges

This game will use scaled-down versions of the Java Bridges Maps (Or new ones) which are around 3/4 the size of the originals as it’s maps with closer islands. They have ores which are packed tighter together and “Treasure Chests”. Treasure chests can be found like ores by digging underground. These chests can have a chance of giving the player Chain, Iron, or Diamond armor along with the equivalent weapons and materials. You can find the materials by themselves in these as well. (You are not guaranteed to get a full set of these though. It would be a mix along with things like sticks, string, books (For bookcases)). The maps should also have an enchanting table without any bookshelves. There should be places for them though. Then the players can go look for some. This adds strategy as, if the players spend too long finding books, they won’t have good armor.

As well as that, there should be instant-smelting ores (When you mine them, they drop the material they smelt into). This game should be “quick-ish” to fit in with the other quick games on the network. Seeing as players are less competitive on Bedrock, long, competitive games are less attractive. Quick games are better.

Maybe give players the ability to get special items from the center which could regenerate their island ores with diamonds! Maybe there should be an item which gives their island bridge points watchtowers with skeletons! Bridge points are the two points at the end of bridges on the team islands. The center should be a place where plays rush to and try to get away quickly. It should not be a center of PVP. 5 minute grace period After 5 minutes end the bridges will fall. 16 players max. "Cold Feet". If a player stays on an island for over a minute (or on the bridge), it will start freezing the blocks beneath you. These ice blocks would start dealing damage.

(Original Idea by Cloud and BJD)​

Kits Ideas

* Apple - No Armor. All Wooden Tools. You get an apple every 15 seconds. Price: 2000 Gems

* (Default Kit) Warrior - Full Leather Armor and all Stone Tools Price: FREE

Community Suggestions (V2)
    V1 Thread: https://www.mineplex.com/threads/bedrock-pocket-bridge.13519/

Posted Feb 26, 2019,
    Last edited Feb 27, 2019
  2. Yay another game where duper’s will win at ): however if duping gets fixed on mineplex this game will excel

Posted Feb 26, 2019
    FluteVegetables and Strafer303 like this.
  3. Will there be a leaderboard for this game?
    --- Post updated ---
    And when do we plan on seeing this game being implemented?

Posted Feb 26, 2019
    FluteVegetables likes this.
  4. You keep saying duper’s, well it isn’t, I have been in cake wars, where they had obsidian and emeralds right at start of game, for duping you had to get to it first and then do with clay and that doesn’t happen right at the start. I have seen this in sky wars and Sg
    --- Post updated ---
    As far as the game pocket bridges, I think it would be a good addition. Fun game, kinda like skywars with a twist.
    +1

Posted Feb 26, 2019
    FluteVegetables likes this.
  5. Great suggestion. Mineplex should start working on this immediately.

Posted Feb 26, 2019
  6. Is this gonna happen, cause PLEASE DO MAKE IT plus 5 million

Posted Feb 26, 2019
    Strafer303 likes this.
  7. I say plus 10 million also there should be a better kit name than just apple xd

Posted Feb 26, 2019
  8. It's a community member's idea, it'd be cool to implement but it's never set in stone.

Posted Feb 27, 2019
  9. We are currently look for more kit ideas if you would like to change a kit name or anything with the kits just let me know and i'll add it to the community suggestions!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 27, 2019
  10. As far as the game pocket bridges, I think it would be a good addition.
    For a kit or achievement kit have explosive arrows like bomber kit in SG, to hit people that camp up high or in a spot that is hard to get too, minor explosion, not too much and maybe break a few blocks, (haha bjd, had to mention)

Posted Feb 27, 2019
  11. I added your suggestion to the thread. I think that kit would make the game unbalanced. I'll talk to the UIC (Update Ideas Crew) about that though! We are also looking for more Bridge point ideas.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 27, 2019
  12. So this is basically bridges from have but for bedrock correct?

Posted Mar 1, 2019
    NothinButNetYT likes this.
  13. I believe so

Posted Mar 1, 2019
  14. I was kind of a fan of this idea back when I was staff but the more I think about it, the more I'm just thinking of pocket bridges being more of a hardcore version of Microbattles.

I like the concepts you've made to make it a little more unique though. Having chests spawn rather than mining for literal ore sounds cool. Your whole idea though is for this to be a quick version of Java Bridges but your ideas don't follow through with that. Many of your features will lengthen game time (especially for players who play on mobile devices). For example, watch towers and skeletons. You also say that Bedrock players are less competitive-oriented but this game sounds like it would be the most competitive on the server (aside from competitive roleplaying of course).

But again, as cool as this sounds, the more complicated, the more confusing. The idea needs a bit more structure and has to be more fast-paced for the people in the back on devices.

This idea would prevent camping, of course. But 9/10 players on Bedrock would be confused as to what is happening and they'd just die. You gotta remember, ages on Bedrock range from 5 years old to 25 years old. You have to create features, games, ideas etc. that will be easily understandable to the younger and older players.

But this does sound pretty neat. I'd probably play it if I was able to get on my windows 10 edition but I straight up would not be able to play on my phone. It would be way too difficult for me nevermind a youngin'.

Posted Mar 1, 2019
    GuardianInASuit likes this.

15. I complete agree with all this now that i'm re-reading the thread. Some of our features would make the gameplay longer and our goal is to make a very fast game! I'll take all these ideas/suggestions and change the game up for version 3 and hopefully then we can start to get the final product out! I will also make sure mobile players will have a very fun time while playing this game as well!

~ GuardianInASuit | Your Bedrock Guardian ~​

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 7, 2019
    AshleighLynne - Glitz likes this.
  16. No, I actually want a long game.

Posted Mar 7, 2019