• 1528 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8031 Players Online
  • 6503 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Bedrock Officially has over 5 times more players on it than Java

Discussion in 'MCO/Bedrock Discussion' started by akeyfortyseven, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Now that bedrock has over 5 times more average players on it, i feel that all the changes that have been asked for should be more prioritized. So many suggestions have been made that I agree with and none of them have been implemented. Knockback needs to get fixed NOW and the anticheat should be revamped to work better. Java only has 1.5k average players compared to bedrock's 8.4k average players. We as the community have asked for changes that have been ignored, but 5x more players is much more impactful. The numbers i am pulling are on 9/11/19 at 10pm central us time, but these numbers have slowly changed for the past week. They used to be only 3x but now its 5x. Bedrock has so much potential and I hate to see it go to waste.

Posted Sep 11, 2019
  2. In regards to the anticheat, I highly doubt much could be done with it considering:
    (a) Everything else that needs to get worked on
    (b) The low amount of devs we have on Bedrock
    (c) The fact that there's not much we could do with the anticheat in the first place because of it being Bedrock Edition.

I'm certain that there we will eventually get some more stuff on Bedrock, as I'm also hoping that more features and games get added to the platform.

Posted Sep 11, 2019
    akeyfortyseven likes this.
  3. if mineplex paid attention to the growing bedrock community sooner these problems wouldnt stockpile so quickly imo

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 11, 2019
    GAM and FluteVegetables like this.
  4. 8438 players is what the number is stuck at and not actually the Bedrock numbers

Posted Sep 11, 2019
    GAM likes this.
  5. I have mineplex open on my phone, and yes the number is drastically smaller, but the java server has slowly gone down in numbers, a few weeks ago it averaged 2k players at this time every day, but now its down to 1.5k and below

also the fact that the amount of players for bedrock doesnt seem to change often shows the lack of concern mineplex has for the larger community

OP OP
  6. How about stop focusing on the marketplace and focus on what truly matters which is the server. I think we can all agree on that.
    No xd, today it was at 2k then 4k and went up it was never stuck at that number xd.

Posted Sep 11, 2019
  7. I fully agree and the idea that ive been stating for a while on numerous posts is the idea that you need to please the customer before they buy something from you

OP OP
    NothinButNet and Steven190 like this.
  8. In my opinion, the problem with that is the majority of Bedrock players aren't really connected with the community in general(forums or discord). Since Bedrock Edition has players on many platforms including, but not limited to, Xbox, Switch, Windows 10, Windows 10 Mobile, Android, and iOS, it's very difficult for them to get associated with the community via chatting on Bedrock itself. It's partly why I'm hoping to get some things added to the Tips that pop up so we can get more Bedrock Edition members inside the community

The reason that seems to have been happening lately is because the Bedrock Development team and the Bedrock Marketplace team are different. Since the Marketplace team is making things faster than the Development team(at least, things that are worthy to post about in the Discord), they get more attention in the Discord.

Posted Sep 11, 2019
    SpitefulNick likes this.
  9. I feel that maybe updating the "carl the creeper" polls to such things that are discussed on the forums would get a much better idea of wether or not people want these changes, because I do recognize the fact that there are many times more players on the server than on the forums

OP OP
  10. That's actually a really good idea to get more feedback on the server itself without attempting to get them all on the Discord or forums! I'll try and forward that to the higher-ups if I can.

Posted Sep 11, 2019
    akeyfortyseven likes this.
  11. All bedrock developers care about is the marketplace and they don't want to put forth the effort to update the server because "it's to hard to figure out the plugins every other server uses no problem". If we are talking about the hackers on bedrock edition and anti cheat I would say hacking a c++ client is very hard due to its strength as a language for anything (plus being written by Microsoft professionals) but once a working hack on bedrock edition is done all the anti cheat can do is detect for flying as hacks written in c++ (as most are in the real world) are very hard to prevent. Basically Java clients are easier to make but laggy/slower and are also easier to hack while c++ clients are harder to make but are more efficient/quicker and are harder to hack. This also means detecting java client hacks are easy and automated by plugins, c++ hacks are not easy to detect by any plugins at the moment.

Also I think the bedrock community does need some more forum users but it is scarce amounts of them because most of them are mobile and xbox users who don't think about this website at all or they are to young to enjoy and understand a messaging board

Posted Sep 12, 2019
  12. I have mentioned a long time ago about making Carl polls about the server like what game do you want to see, but it didn’t get a lot of attention.

I also mentioned back then that the chat should say “check out the mineplex website for game info and forums” so that people see it and may check it out, as it is now it only says about becoming a mod.

Posted Sep 12, 2019
  13. Strength as a laguange? What do you mean by this?

Your whole reply relies on the assumption "C++ good java bad".

The main argument people usually have about C++ vs java is speed/performance, not security. I'm really interested to hear where you got this idea from, and what your reputable sources are.

Posted Sep 12, 2019
  14. I am a c++ programmer. It literally is c++ client good java client bad. C++ is faster but needs memory specific programming more than Java. Java clients can be put together easier which is why there are so many hackers who modify there own or buy other hacked clients.

Posted Sep 12, 2019
    FluteVegetables and Xukuwu like this.
  15. Considering the dev teams for java and BR are different I don't really get what the argument is. Java updates aren't impacting BR updates and vice-versa, so it's not really a matter of prioritizing one server over another.

Posted Sep 12, 2019
    leo_thya and Xukuwu like this.
  16. But java clearly is prioritized if you look at the update amount in the last few months. Partially also because there are more java devs though.

Posted Sep 12, 2019
  17. TimmyP

TimmyP
    x

They dont really care much about Bedrock. I get the feeling they cant handle server costs.

or the cross platform stuff

Posted Sep 12, 2019
    FluteVegetables and NothinButNet like this.
  18. That’s your personal device, not the actual server

Posted Sep 12, 2019
    NothinButNet likes this.
  19. I’m pretty sure Microsoft has to approve any updates Mineplex makes in Bedrock. Process is more tedious, I’d assume. Also, what, Java has like one front end developer? And Bedrock has 3.

Posted Sep 12, 2019
  20. Bedrock edition has far less developers than Java does but they still get about as much work done as one inexperienced person would have in the past few months. I have talked to many mods and devs in the past and they have all said it is due to numbers in staff and lack of devs committing to the team.I have no idea whether Microsoft has to approve updates or not but I don't think that would be to big a reason for updates to take a long time. I am going to guess what you mean by front end developer is someone who is experienced, and if that is what you mean than that is kind of inexcusable that Bedrock has around 3 and Java has 1 but Java has more/better updates. However this might be because Java plugins are easier/more flexible to work with than c++.

Posted Sep 12, 2019
    FluteVegetables likes this.