• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion [Bedrock] Monster Playground

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by Nullfic, Oct 1, 2018.

1. Nullfic

Nullfic

[​IMG]
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monster Playground would supposedly be an alternate version of Java's Super Smash Mobs minigame, with it being slightly laggy and will probably show medium to little difficulty when it comes to the Xbox and Mobile Bedrock players. The idea is simple: A team deathmatch between several teams, clashing each other with various abilities regarding the mob type.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GAMEPLAY
    Monster Playground is a team deathmatch minigame that would consist of 2 to 4 teams. Like in Super Smash Mobs, players shall morph to the kit they have chosen, gaining 2 abilities for each kit selected and 3 abilities for the achievement kits, as well as an Iron Sword/Axe. You are able to leap once every x seconds (depending on your kit) by clicking or and dropping a feather that is named "&aLeap". This does not count as a kit ability. Super Smash Mobs maps would probably be able to fit, but my mind is crossed due to the fact they are quite small and may show difficulty upon Xbox and Mobile players. Each player has 3 lives, and once they died 3 times, they get to choose to leave or stay. After 2 minutes of playing, the map will slowly be turning to stone. Standing on the stone border will cause 0.5 hearts per second, and dying from it will result in "Death by solidification". This will help to prevent players from camping. Each map would have a different height limit, which upon ascending above it, will result in damage. "Death by suffocation." Your hunger will go down after not punching players for a particular time.

GOAL
    With the help of your teammates, you shall obtain victory by killing all opposing team members.

KIT SYSTEM
    Each free or purchasable kit will have only 2 abilities (Leap not included), while achievement kits will have 3 abilities (Leap not included). Each kit will have a feather, which will have a different cooldown for each kit specifically. For example, Chicken, due to its low health would be able to leap every 2 seconds, while Zombie would be able to leap every 5 seconds. Each kit has different health, ranging from leather pants & chainmail chestplate to a full iron set. Each kit would also have a "Utility" which would make it special, which is also a rename of the "Passive" from Super Smash Mobs.

EXAMPLE KITS

Zombie Kit - Free Kit
    24 HP (12 Hearts)
    125% Knockback Taken (Heavy Weight)
    Leap: 5-second interval

Click/Drop Rotten Flesh to use: Smelly Grasp
    Create a flurry of grey/brown/green particles around you that will deal low damage and severe knockback to people surrounding you. Best of use for combos or running.
    Cooldown: 10 Seconds

Click/Drop Sign to use: Undead Trio
    Summon 3 Zombies in front of your direction which will have normal health and damage, but will deal high knockback and above average speed.
    Cooldown: 20 Seconds

Utility: Well Fed
    Lose hunger %25 slower than average.

Spider - Purchasable for 2000 Gems
    20 HP (10 Hearts)
    150% Knockback Taken (Middle Weight)
    Leap: 6-second interval

Click/Drop Rotten Spider Eye to use: Easy Bite
    Lance at a direction you're looking, dealing medium knockback and low damage, as long as poison for 5 seconds.
    Cooldown: 7 Seconds

Click/Drop Web to use: Web Shoot
    Launch a pile of cobwebs at the direction you're looking, trapping players from behind. This is similar to Super Smash Mob's Spin Web, except you will not be launched forward and you won't shoot web in the opposite way you're facing.
    Cooldown: 10 Seconds

Utility: Sticky Legs
    Hold shift or crouch while being near to a wall and climb up. This utility uses your experience bar as energy, and if not climbing, will be restored over time.

Skeleton - Achievement Kit
    16 HP (8 Hearts)
    125% Knockback Taken (Heavy Weight)
    Leap: 6-second interval

Click/Drop Bone to use: Dead shot
    On your next shot, your arrow will deal an additional 1 damage for every 4 Blocks they travelled. Maximum of 4 additional damage (2 Hearts).
    Cooldown: 7 Seconds

Click/Drop TnT to use: Boney Trap
    Upon activating, whoever will hit you once will receive low damage and will be pushed backwards with a TnT exploding effect. You will receive half the damage from the attack.
    Cooldown: 20 Seconds

Utility: Bow & Arrow
    Receive a bow on every respawn and 1 arrow every 7 seconds. Maximum of 2 arrows.

RULES

You only have 3 lives. Dying 3 times will bring you out of the game.
    Normal mode will include 4 teams: Red, Blue, Green and Yellow.
    Duo mode will include 6 teams: Red, Blue, Green, Yellow, Pink, Purple and Orange.
    Cross teaming is in no sense allowed.
    Win by being the last team (or man) standing.
    Camping would result in either solidification, suffocation or hunger. Regain hunger by punching players.

MAPS

Each map would include its borders.
    Each map would be surrounded by deadly water, lava or void.

I guess that's it for this idea. Let me know how I can further improve it in the reply section. Have a nice day!

Posted Oct 1, 2018,
    Last edited Oct 12, 2018
    RoeiHardCool and Dva like this.
  2. Vocaloiid

Vocaloiid

A lot of your kit ideas seem fantastic, however all the abilities involve "right clicking". How would users on Mobile perform a "right click" action?

Posted Oct 5, 2018
  3. Nullfic

Nullfic

Thanks for making me notice my mistake! Changed it from "Right click" To "Click".
    --- Post updated ---
    BUMP Please share your opinion if you haven't.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 9, 2018
  4. Augend

Augend

Yo,

How would they attack normally? Would they have a default weapon like an iron sword or something?

I like your suggestion and the kits seem simple enough for all Bedrock players to use. One of the suggestions I have includes let everyone have at least 2 lives because if a younger player joined a game and walked off the map by accident and wouldn't be able to play again, they wouldn't like that game. My last suggestion is to switch the Web Shoot to be forwards as most Bedrock players wouldn't understand what the ability did since most wouldn't check behind them. Overall, great game idea though!

Posted Oct 10, 2018
  5. Nullfic

Nullfic

Thanks for helping me improve the game!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 10, 2018
  6. Dog

Dog

Yes, this would be a good idea to add, bedrock would need more games, as it can be fun playing the games right now, but we are kinda missing the fun of the java edition games like Super Smash Mobs. I hope this will get added since it would be fun to play, the more games the better anyway.

Side Note, My reply might not really count since I have a "new" tag, but I wish to see bedrock improve since I started playing it months ago and only now got onto the forms. I wish to see the others response to this. Another thing, will there be more kits in the future like skeleton, or creeper, or will it just release with these 2 kits as a test of sorts, and another thing, how many kits would you plan on working on. Just a thought to think about.

Posted Oct 10, 2018,
    Last edited Oct 10, 2018
  7. Nullfic

Nullfic

Thanks for sharing your opinion and adding more contrast to my suggestion! I do plan for the game to have more kits, possibly most of them depending on the size of their hitbox. The kits I suggested are just example kits, of how I plan the kit system to be played out. Every opinion counts, no one is more important when it comes to suggesting.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 11, 2018
  8. Heya

I can see there was a lot of thought put into this, but overall a game like this will be very difficult if not impossible to actually work on Bedrock. Firstly, the entire concept is not necessarily straight forward, and with the Bedrock players age range, this will not help out at all. Plenty of players on Bedrock get confused with lots of other games, which are nowhere near as complex, meaning I do not see this being a hit on Bedrock. Moving on, you mentioned the use of shifting and right clicking a ton. This cannot happen as a majority of our players on Bedrock play on mobile, where these two things are an absolute pain to use. Trust me on this, as a mobile player myself, I would not want to have to sneak. As for right clicking on mobile that is just going to mess stuff up, as it's literally holding down on the screen. Anyways, another huge issue is that this game will most likely have some lag issues, especially on Bedrock, which is not a good thing. Also adding on to the fact that this is purely PvP based, which most of our players would rather play building or more casual games (besides cake wars of course). Overall this isn't a horrible idea, and I probably would have agreed with this pre Bedrock (PE) times. But as of now this gametype just will not work, and that's really all I can say.

~Bjd

Posted Oct 11, 2018
    Luigiiz likes this.
  9. Combativeness/xWorpp

Combativeness/xWorpp

Overall I really love this idea! This is probably one of the closest things that we'll get to SSM on bedrock. One of the main struggles that iveI thought of for adding SSM on bedrock we're double jump and the separate right click that SSM on Java has, yet this one overcomes that obstacle!

Posted Oct 11, 2018
  10. Nullfic

Nullfic

Hey, thanks for sharing your opinion!

I'd like to receive a proper explanation of how the concept isn't necessarily straightforward because I tried to make it as much as understandable as I possibly can. I understand your viewpoint of the Bedrock community, but you're also forgetting about the XBox and Windows 10 Edition side, which are more fit for the game. I suppose there should be a "Recommended for XBox / Windows 10 Edition" text somewhere.

I'm pretty sure I wrote "Click" and not "Right Click", and regarding to the crouch, I will try to come up with an alternate solution.

There are other PvP game modes on Mineplex Bedrock, which often receive over 100 players. Those being: Skywars, Mob Arena (Semi PvP/PvE), Turf Wars (Semi PvP). There are also other PvP game modes which aren't removed such as Skyfall, Survival Games, Micro Battle, Mixed Arcade (OITQ, Gladiators), Death Tag. I understand your concern and I will try to balance the game as much as I possibly can.

Thank you for sharing your opinion, looking forward to your reply!
    --- Post updated ---
    Edited some lines and added an achievement kit!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 12, 2018
  11. Hiya, just going to respond to the questions.

I understand that your description is straight forward, but when players are actually playing the game there is going to be confusion. Just because you explain the gamemode doesn’t mean our players will actually want to read a description of how to play, they just want to hop on a game and have fun, not take time to actually figure out what the game even is. Most of our games are straight forward, requiring no explanation, which is what our players seem to enjoy, and quite frankly, this gametype goes completely against this. And no, I’m not forgetting about w10 and Xbox users, its just that they aren’t anywhere close to being the majority of our playerbase. I look at things from a whole, for the entire community, not just a small group of people who might not even enjoy a game like this in the end.

Firstly, this just proves my point even more. We already have plenty of Pvp games for our Pvp enthusiasts. All of these games give a variety of gameplay and there isn’t much purpose to just keep adding more similar game types, especially when we are looking into moving in a different directions. Also Micro Battles gets well over 100 players, just thought I’d throw that in as you said otherwise, but anyways back to the point. Overall we have plenty of Pvp games with variety, and with the more we add we will just simply divide our Pvp playerbase more and more, which isn’t something great. This game just really won’t work as of now, as it has so many things going against it.

~Bjd

Posted Oct 12, 2018