• 627 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11406 Players Online
  • 10779 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Bedrock mixed arcade games-repost

Discussion in 'Bedrock Ideas' started by traincar100, Jun 4, 2021.

Tags:
?

Should this be added?

1. Yes

15 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Ok so I did make this suggestion recently but I am revising it now Original post.
    So I think that mixed arcade should come back with the games there previously were plus some of the ones from Java edition. This would not work like java though and I think the game selection should be random and you can’t choose for the game. Also hive is working on adding mixed arcade and I think Mineplex adding it would give a boost to the bedrock server (lots have been wanting this to come back) also since there would be different games in the mixed arcade most likely then what hive is doing.
    The games that were in mixed arcade were:
    Dragon escape
    One in the quiver
    Bomb Lobbers
    Gladiators
    I think some of the ones they should add from java are:
    Super paintball
    Runner
    Snake
    Super spleef
    Let me know what you think about the games I think should be added and there can be more also I just listed a couple.
    Overall I think this would be a decent update because of the fact it has been asked a lot and this could be where less popular games are at and would get a decent player base.

Posted Jun 4, 2021
  2. This could also boost player count by having more games (I think more important issues should be fixed first though)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 4, 2021
  3. Mixed Arcade just needs to come back in general. Nobody wanted it removed last year and I'm still upset that they did. They better add it back before people go screaming at them for copying hive lmao. Rotation definitely needs to be random for all games and adding more from java is just an added bonus.

Posted Jun 4, 2021
  4. I really think that Mixed Arcade should come back. I played Mixed Arcade a lot when I first got into Mineplex (probably years ago) and I really was disappointed to see my favourite game removed. All 4 Mixed Arcade games were so fun to play, they were fairly short but very fun, and I have really good memories of me playing them. During the winter event, they did bring back Bomb Lobbers and One in the Quiver and honestly everyone loved them, including me, and when playing the games, it felt so nostalgic. I do agree that if they brought it back, they should add some more games, maybe from Java as you mentioned in your thread. Overall I really miss Mixed Arcade and would like it back as well, so +1!

Posted Jun 4, 2021
    xLqnax, traincar100 and Mothy like this.
  5. The games were removed for no reason, and we need them back. They are already coded, and the server has not updated versions after the removal so they can just be re-added with little to no work, 30min code time at the MOST. We want all the games that were there because they were good, and yes the other java games are good but they need to be made for bedrock. They are already made for java tho so id say 1hr ish per game to make a bedrock version. All in all, 2-3 days of work and most of the games should be somewhat ready for bedrock.

Why not add them back, if people dont like them play different games, but those who do now will play mineplex. Only profit.

Posted Jun 4, 2021,
    Last edited by a Moderator Jun 5, 2021
    traincar100 likes this.
  6. I definitely agree with adding mixed arcade back to mineplex bedrock edition.

It seems that many people are wanting mixed arcade to return, which includes me.
    I do know that the game was removed due to poor quality and such, but gyroninja has fixed so many bugs since then, there are probably some other issues to fix though. Anyways, I do also think that if this game were to be added back, it needs some improvements. And this probably needs to be sometime before you know which server adds their version of mixed arcade.

Posted Jun 4, 2021
    traincar100 likes this.
  7. The only bugs mixed arcade had was those 2 gladiators maps. One had emerald ore walls which would never open after killing the enemy which was bad, but you can just be wait to be teleported over. The other was like a map with a bridge and buildings which had green grass blocks on the floor. This map was incredibly broken and would just break at random points. It definitely needed removing asap. I believe mixed arcade was removed because it didn't have much popularity compared to other games which wasn't really true at all. Did need slightly revamping I will admit, unnecessary to be removed though.

Posted Jun 4, 2021
    ReJo and traincar100 like this.
  8. I would personally love to see Mixed Arcade make a return, it was one of my favorites when I just wanted to relax and play some quick games. When it comes to bringing over some of the games from Java, I liked the selection you picked. I feel like these games would fit into Bedrock really well and would be enjoyable. I know I loved when Bomb Lobbers and One in the Quiver were brought back during the Winter Event as well I've been missing Dragon Escape on Bedrock as I'm a fan of games that involve parkour so I find myself on Java a lot playing Dragon Escape because it was one of my favorite Mixed Arcade games. Big +1 for me I'd love to see Mixed Arcade return to Bedrock and with more games to play as well :)

Posted Jun 4, 2021
    Gil-galad and traincar100 like this.
  9. Yeah I thought they would be games they would work well on bedrock.
    I have seen that people have wanted this multiple times.
    Yep! Adding more could boost the player count of the game more.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 4, 2021
  10. This was the topic if like the first thread I made and I still 100% agree

there's even a perfect spot for the NPC to go!
    On the pedestal for the skyblock NPC.

Posted Jun 5, 2021,
    Last edited by a Moderator Jun 5, 2021
    traincar100 likes this.
  11. ikr

Posted Jun 5, 2021
    traincar100 and CatFan105 like this.
  12. Or even castle defense i really miss that too. Maybe the skyblock thing could be like a little off in the distance behind all of the other actually playable games

Posted Jun 5, 2021
    traincar100 likes this.
  13. True, that would be a good spot for it since skyblock has been down for a while now.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 6, 2021
  14. Bump!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 8, 2021
  15. Oh, I get it.
    Ummmm how about we add a game that I call "projectile parkour"
    So, you have a simple parkour course and everyone has snowballs and the first person to make it across wins and the game ends if nobody wins in 5 minutes the commands required would be pretty simple and even I could probably make it work

Posted Jun 8, 2021
  16. As a Java player I couldn't imagine a life without Mixed Arcade. Bring it back to Bedrock!

Posted Jun 8, 2021
    traincar100 likes this.
  17. Ya we need it back mineplex!!1!1!1!!1!
    (And yes, I purposefully typed those 1s on a mobile device.)

Posted Jun 8, 2021
    traincar100 likes this.
  18. If this was added back, then I would definitely try it out on bedrock!

Posted Jun 12, 2021
    traincar100 likes this.
  19. 100% needs to come back, the same games are getting boring

Posted Jun 12, 2021
    xLqnax and traincar100 like this.
  20. Hey,

I like the idea of mixed arcade coming back, but there would definitely need to be a few changes to some of the games and how they work in order for them to work:
    Super Paintball: Played this on Java, it's very right-click heavy, which, on mobile, turns into a tap and hold mechanic, meaning it's not suitable for a quickfire style gameplay such as this. If the controls were changed, it could work, but not in its current state.

Runner: Other servers have done this and it seems to work pretty well for them, wouldn't mind having it here.

Snake: Once again, iffy about it, since it's about maneuvering an external vehicle, which is an awful mechanic the way some other servers have done it, so I don't know how I feel about adding it here unless that situation can be averted.

Super Spleef: Using a shovel is a right-click move, and again, I don't like the idea of bringing over a minigame that heavily relies on right-click, due to the aforementioned problem with tap and hold on mobile.

Overall, I would definitely like to see Mixed Arcade back on bedrock, especially since I didn't get to play it much before it got removed due to how buggy some of the games were. Since the issues I presented were mere gameplay changes and wouldn't overhaul the idea itself, +1.

Posted Jun 12, 2021
    traincar100 likes this.