• 1378 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6969 Players Online
  • 5591 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

(Bedrock/MCPE) REMOVE UNFAIR SKINS

Discussion in 'Bedrock Ideas' started by NothinButNet, Apr 21, 2020.

1. I want help understanding mineplex bedrock edition team why exactly you can’t take charge and put a filter on unfair skins for example (Yoda, Ewok, R2D2, Jawa, Monster, Floating Baby Ghast) these skins all have one advantage in common. They don’t show the users armor! That is a huge problem for mineplex pvp, for the love of god mineplex bedrock knockback is based on who has the better gear in a fight. If I don’t know what the orher persons wearing how do I know if I want to engage or not? Im not going to talk about how most users of these skins know exactly why they use it. They use it to gain an advantage. This is very controversial topic and has been brought up millions of times on forums. I need help understanding why nothing is happening? What we been told is this “Mineplex will not block small skins that hide their armor because it is Minecraft Marketplace Content and Mineplex is an official bedrock partner”. See heres the thing....... All the other bedrock partnered servers (Mineville aka InPvP, Lifeboat, Cubecraft, Hive) have a filter that blocks these skins from joining PVP games or even the server. For example the Hive (who in fact as are the others are featured partnered servers with Mojang and Minecraft) they have a filter that covers up the unfair skins with a custom made skin made by the server. Do you see why it might get annoying being told that Mineplex can’t do anything about the situation because they are partners when all the other partners are doing it? It just makes the playerbase mad having to fight these skins. Im fine with them being on the server and being in non-pvp fighting games. But for the love of god please explain why we won’t be listened too. When the answer is right there!

Posted Apr 21, 2020,
    Last edited Apr 21, 2020
  2. Hello!

Unfortunately, Mineplex doesn't have any control over the skins that are in the marketplace (which is where these skins come from). I do understand your frustration and how it can possibly limit one's performance in-game.

Although Mineplex can block the use of these skins, I assume they would need confirmation from Mojang before taking any action. They are both partnered and blocking skins that are in the official microsoft marketplace could potentially void any agreement or break an EULA (if there is one that doesn't allow marketplace items to be blocked). Mineplex doesn't have any control over what Microsoft decides to put into their marketplace. Even if other networks may be blocking them, they do so at their own risk.

Posted Apr 21, 2020,
    Last edited Apr 21, 2020
  3. Hey Net, I completely agree with you about this issue. Unfortunately, as stated above, Mineplex doesn't have control over the skins in the Minecraft Marketplace. Keep in mind that although players with tiny skins can be harder to fight in-game, they have the same hitboxes as players with normal-sized skins. However, there has been a recent rules change that makes utilizing a 3d skin punishable on Bedrock. If you see anyone using a 3d skin, feel free to report them here, and before submitting your report, I highly recommend reading the Player Reporting Guide, found here. I also suggest making a thread about this in the Bedrock Ideas Section, found here, as doing so will allow your idea to be further discussed.

-Dan

Posted Apr 21, 2020

4. I don’t think you guys read what I said. You guys both basically just told me the answer that I already states was been told. My question is why Mineplex “Chooses” to not block these skins. You been told what I been told and if you read my whole post you would see, it isn’t them being forced to allow skins. It’s the opposite, mineplex I believe is the only PARTNERED server that allows unfair bought skins on their network. You need to understand that me, and anyone else who wants this done are tired of hearing that answer you just told me because it isn’t true! Mineplex as a featured server could totally cover skins. Every featurer server has done it that’s why my question is, Why Is Mineplex Not Doing Something About It and sitting back and telling people that they cannot do anything. Im just trying to understand, both of you tried to answer my question but Im offended and felt you didn’t even read my whole thread.

Edit: If Mineplex doesn’t do it because they arent taking risks, then lord and behold why is every other featured server taking the “risk”. I don’t think theres a risk at all.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 21, 2020
    FluteVegetables and WowTamman like this.
  5. I am sorry if my replies appear to be as if I haven't read your thread. I can assure you that I have your thread before replying to give the best possible answer..

I have given you a reply as to why Mineplex may not choose to block skins, and my belief was that Mineplex is not trying to break any possible agreements between Minecraft and themselves. If there is an EULA, for example, that insists that marketplace items from Microsoft should not be blocked, then that could hinder the partnership between Mineplex and Minecraft and also possibly put Mineplex into legal trouble. To answer your question, this is possibly why Mineplex chooses not to block the skins in question.

If you have evidence that servers are allowed to block certain skins then feel free to mention it. However, the fact that other networks/servers may block skins is not sufficient evidence for Mineplex to block skins too. A valid form of evidence would be an EULA that explicitly allows it, or confirmation from Mojang/Microsoft.

If Mineplex have given a justified reason as to why they cannot "cover" skins, then it's for a good reason. I can assure you that there have been countless threads in the past that have talked about this issue, and none of those threads go unnoticed. I'd assume that Mineplex doesn't want to take any risks and would want confirmation before taking any further actions. Keep in mind, the marketplace is maintained by Microsoft and they decide what is to be sold on there. Trying to edit it or block it could be a potential risk.

As I have mentioned previously, I did read your question and tried to answer as best as I could. Clearly throughout my responses I don't have good knowledge on why Mineplex hasn't covered skins, so I will leave that to those who can answer them.

Have a good day!
    P.S: Other players have mentioned that although skins may be small, the hitboxes are still there and they are the standard size of a normal player. Therefore, you don't have to aim at the small player but instead aim at a height where a normal player would be.

Posted Apr 21, 2020,
    Last edited Apr 21, 2020
  6. If you don’t feel you have knowledge in a situation then why even comment on this......

You EULA reason is false man, if anything unfair bought skins violate the EULA lol, they gain a gameplay advantage so it is a pay to win aspect. You want me to send proof that all the other featured servers don’t allow unfair skins. The list contains Hive, Cubecraft, Lifeboat, and Mineville and Mineplex. Mineplex out of the featured are the only ones who don’t cover it up. So heres why the whole “Mojang” thing I don’t think is true man. Mojang/Microsoft whoever it is if they felt “chipped” by other servers covering skins then why aren’t the other FEATURED/Partnered servers being told to stop?

OP OP
    SirSyrup7 and FluteVegetables like this.
  7. I am only stating what has been said countless times on the forums and also the legal reasons as to why Mineplex is not changing the content of marketplace skins.
    My EULA reason is not false. The Microsoft Marketplace is not intended to be unfair or pay to win. I doubt they are aware of the consequences small skins have on multiplayer. Microsoft Marketplace is exempt from the EULA simply because it is owned by Microsoft and they get to decide what is and isn't available on the marketplace.

That being said, the skins on the marketplace belong to Microsoft. They are the ones who sell it. Mineplex doesn't have any permission whatsoever to edit their content (unless of course they have confirmation that they can do so). It would be ideal for Mineplex to not go against Microsoft and edit their content without confirmation, because that could result in legal issues. Mineplex is a network, and although it is partnered with Minecraft, it doesn't mean that they can edit Microsoft's content.

As I have mentioned previously, my assumption is that the reason why Mineplex is not doing the same is to be on the safe side and avoid legal trouble. Anything could happen at any time without prior notice.

Throughout this thread, I have not went against your idea of covering up unfair skins but instead explained why Mineplex possibly isn't choosing to take action.

I will no longer be replying to this thread and I will leave it to someone who can explain clearly as to what is happening in terms of this situation.

Have a good day!

Posted Apr 21, 2020,
    Last edited Apr 21, 2020
  8. 100% I agree. These skins are annoying and they ruin the gameplay. Thanks for summiting this! I hope staff consider this! +1

Posted Apr 21, 2020
    SirSyrup7 and NothinButNet like this.
  9. It didnt get brought up on the forums at all, when it wasnt an issue. Mineplex has had periods where these skins have not been present in any game. Not trying to throw fuel on the fire, but OP is correct.

Posted Apr 21, 2020
  10. It has nothing to do with legal reasons man. Or else all the other partnered servers would have gotten in legal trouble already and been shutdown. Please don’t believe everything you been told. There is more going on in the background, do you even play on mineplex bedrock? You have an account so you might understand but still you don’t seem to have game experience so telling me that it isn’t possible infuriates me. My guy Mineplex wouldn’t be “editing” microsofts content and once again why does mineplex not do it if every other featured server “edits” microsofts content to make their pvp community and playerbase happy. Im just laying down the evidence that we have been given. We don’t know why Mineplex chooses to not do anything! Thats why I posted this in the help section. I wanted someone higher up who understands and can give more intel. I just don’t see why it is reasonable to tell us the players who want something so badly that it isn’t possible when there is a solution man. Can’t you see it???

OP OP
    SirSyrup7 and FluteVegetables like this.
  11. Btw I want this back in the help section, I was asking a question and needed help understanding why the bedrock team chooses to do this. I already know I put an idea out like this. So whoever approves this will you plz move it back to the help section so an Admin or Developer of the server can address me with my concerns.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 22, 2020
    SirSyrup7 likes this.
  12. Those skins are seriously ridiculous in PvP. I can not see armor so I can not calculate damage I am doing and even if it does not decrease hitboxes, you still can not tell if you are hitting it or not.

Posted Apr 22, 2020
  13. Hiya,

I bought the star wars skins to test the hit box in the survival world I share with friends. Yes the hitbox is at least two blocks, but if you jump and circle it it is way harder to hit them. I was fed up and wanted to test it, turned out it's not as bad as I though but still is a cheap skin to use to win. I only wish wish you could see armour to gauge if you should take the fight or not. I know it's not mineplexes fault, and it's just a game. Happy cakes wars fighting

Posted Apr 22, 2020,
    Last edited Apr 22, 2020
    SirSyrup7 and WowTamman like this.
  14. This problem’s been brought up a million times, they’re no gonna do anything about it. Also about how you can’t see armour on tiny skins, that feature is planned for a future Minecraft Update. I remember on the old console editions (Before Better Together, Xbox 360, Xbox One Edition, PS3, PSVita, etc), you could see tiny skins wearing armour. Until that change comes out, just suck it up and deal with them :/

Posted Apr 22, 2020
  15. Thanks for the help Dan, but those official texture pack tiny skins aren’t punishable atm, even though they qualify as 3D skins.

Posted Apr 22, 2020
  16. Just because competing partners have elected to prohibit certain skins doesn't mean Mineplex is obligated to do the same.

I won't give my usual long spiel about this entire situation because I've responded to so many threads about this specific topic. All I'll say is that if this really and truly bothers you, I'd recommend approaching a member of our network's Rules Committee asking them to amend the policy. I'm doubtful they will, but it never hurts to try.

Posted Apr 22, 2020
  17. Im trying to understand why they choose to do it though and tell players who ask that it is microsoft who makes them not do it. It just doesn’t make sense

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 23, 2020
  18. It isn’t Mineplex’s fault but in way they do have a solution that would solve all these problems. Thats why I originally had this in the help section because I wanted someone higher up to tell me exactly why they choose not to act and fix this problem and make it fair. So It may not be Mineplex who created the skins, but just like all the other featured servers it doesn’t mean they can’t find a way to filter them

OP OP
    SirSyrup7 and Dorks like this.
  19. If RC tells players that Microsoft instructed them not to punish for these skins, that's likely the reason. Why would the Rules Committee need to lie to players?

Posted Apr 23, 2020
  20. Idk but it just seems weird that all the other servers aren’t under the same rules and it happens just to be mineplex. It is just too weird lol, and to clarify in no way am I saying punish people for wearing these skins man. Lmao what Im saying is they need to get on the bandwagon and implement a Custom server skin that covers the user if they wear one of the filtered skins. If possible they could make it so in non pvp games this would be disabled and they can wear their cute ewok or other filtered skins there. If you consider that a punishment then idk what to tell you man.

OP OP
    SirSyrup7 likes this.