• 3347 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 12654 Players Online
  • 9307 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion [Bedrock] Lobby Update Idea

Discussion in 'Bedrock Ideas' started by GuardianInASuit, Feb 29, 2020.

1. The Bedrock Lobby Update Idea
    A note from the BPC Manager
    Hey everyone! After 4 long months, this idea is finally ready for community/main forum feedback. I would like to thank all the Bedrock Players who have helped out this idea. I hope you all enjoy this idea as much as I did planning everything out. - GuardianInASuit

Redesigned Lobby
    Many players have really been asking for our OG lobby to come back! The Castle lobby we had before the Better Together Update was great! It was a really nice lobby. With this update idea, we want to bring back that lobby larger and better than ever! The current issues with our hub are that players don't have much room to explore and really overall the Lobby is too small for the Bedrock Player base.

Gamemode Changes
    While making this idea we gained feedback in the Bedrock Player Discord and from what we were told this is what most of the players overall liked the idea of.

Removed Games
    Factions

Mixed Arcade
    One in the Quiver
    Gladiators
    Death Tag
    Dragons

"New" Games
    Dragon Escape
    Bomb Lobbers

All other games would stay where they are

Gem Fountain
    The Gem Fountain is a new feature found in the new lobby. Every day players can donate 5 Gems. Once they reach 100,00 gems in the Gem double exp will be enabled for a random game. The double exp would only be active for the weekend

Stats
    The Stats room will make a return in this lobby but completely redesigned and easier to navigate. The Bedrock Players would also like to see the Click Menu get changed as well they want it to show
    [​IMG]

New Rank
    Emperor / Empress
    [​IMG]

- Light Red Emperor and Empress Tag
    - 10x Royal Crate (or new crate)
    - 1 Day XP Boost (Monthly)
    - 200% Shard Bouns
    - 50% Gem Bonus
    - 200 Friend Slots
    - Flight in Hub

New Cosmetics
    Particles

-Bubble Particles
    -Critical Hit Particles
    -Witch Effect
    -Enchanting Table Magic
    -End Rod

Death Animations
    -Totem Particles
    -Snowman
    -Firework explodes

Morphs
    - Bee
    - Guardian
    - Dolphin
    - Squid
    - Turtle
    - Phantom

Pets
    - Baby Bee
    - GWEN pet

New Command
    /report

When players report a player then will do /report {username} and a GUI will pop up with 3 options. Hacking, Chat Related, Gameplay once the player chooses one of the 3 it will be sent off to Online Staff members. When a Staff member open's the report if it's a hacking one they will get what server they are currently on so they can watch them. If chat it will send chat logs with the report and if its gameplay it will send the server name as well. Players can only make up to 5 reports a day and Knight+ can make reports. After 2 hours a report will be deleted. When a Staff Member wants to claim a report they can do /reportclaim and it will give them a random report. If someone is abusing the report system the staff member can request to have them banned from making reports.

/ph (/punishhistory)
    This command is pretty simple. It lets you view your punishment history

/playtime
    This command will allow you to view your own in-game time.

/rank
    This command would disable the rank above your username. This could be given to Lord/Lady+

Leaderboards
    Leaderboards can be found in all game lobbies. Here you can view
    - All-Time Wins
    - Monthly wins
    - Weekly wins
    - Daily wins
    I think the perfect place to have these is where we use to have the Mission NPC. These leaderboards will show the top 10 players of each game. When you are in Lobbies you can click the Leaderboards NPC which will bring up a GUI of all games and then you can click on certain games to see the Top 100 players of that game.

Lobby Games
    Gladiators

Carl the Creeper changes
    - Monthly Polls
    - New Missions

New Missions

CakeWar Missions
    - Eat 3 Cake's (1 round); 500 Shards, 300 gems
    - Claim 3 Emerald Points; 400 shards, 100 gems
    - Kill 8 players (1 round); 800 shards, 500 gems
    - Eat a Cake; 200 shards, 50 gems

SpeedBuilders
    - Survive at more than 5 rounds; 300 Shards, 100 Gem's
    - Get the First "Perfect Build"; 200 shards, 50 gems
    - Win with a Build with 50
    - 100% percent; 300 shards, 100 Gems

SkyWars
    - Kill a player with an egg; 100 Gems
    - Kill 3 Zombie Guardian's; 300 Shards
    - Win 5 Games of SkyWars

MicroBattles
    - Kill 8 Players; 350 Gems, 100 Gems
    - Have your whole team survive and win the game; 800 shards, 300 gems
    - Use more than 5 Arrows; 400 shards; 200 gems
    - Stay Alive for 8 Mins; 800 shards; 300 gems
    - Survive with 1 and a half hearts; 1,000 shards, 600 gems

Turf Wars
    - Kill 5 Players; 200 Shards, 150 Gems
    - Break more than 20 wool blocks; 350 Shards, 150 gems
    - Collect 4 Turfs in 1 round; 400 Shards, 300 gems
    - Snipe someone from 20 blocks away; 500 Shards, 250 Gems
    - 360 Shot; 1,000 Shards, 400 Gems

Master Builders
    - Win a Place (1st, 2nd, 3rd); 500 shards, 250 Gems
    - Get a Passing Vote; 200 shards, 100 gems
    - Vote for Good 2 Times; 100 shards, 150 Gems

Survival Games
    - Open Supply Crate; 600 Shards, 200 Gems
    - Kill 4 People; 300 Shards, 200 Gems
    - Kill someone with an axe; 250 Shards, 100 Gems
    - Survive with 1 heart; 500 shards, 200 gems
    - Craft a Diamond Sword; 600 Shards, 400 gems

*New Missions will be added as they are suggested

This Idea is currently a work in progress and will be updated over time.
    This is a Bedrock Players Council project.

Posted Feb 29, 2020
  2. Alright! :o This has been in the works for a long time! HYPE!

Sounds interesting! I think it would be a nice use of gems for players who have already gotten most if not all of the kits! What would happen if players reached the goal early? Would players not be able to contribute gems anymore until the amplifier takes effect?

I like it. :D But, I feel like it could have a few more stats because it's feeling a little empty at the bottom lol
    Maybe we could add back the favourite game stats?

Sounds interesting, I'm just curious as to what particle it would be because I have no idea what it'd look like. xD

Absolutely! I would love to see this be implemented! More of just my personal opinion, but I feel that the majority of rule-breakers do not get reported onto the forums because of how easy it is to just leave the lobby and find another one. A /report command would make it convenient for players to report rule-breakers!

That sounds neat! Not sure if this would be appealing/development worthy, but what if the NPC would slowly change it's skin to every single player on the leaderboard? I think it would be interesting, although I don't know how it would look.

In terms of missions, I'm really happy to see that! I think it's great to make use of the missions! Seeing all of that made me think of achievements. For example, Cake Wars on the Bedrock Edition doesn't really have any achievements. It would be nice to see some!

I really like the sound of this update idea! :D

Posted Feb 29, 2020,
    Last edited Feb 29, 2020
  3. [​IMG]

Posted Feb 29, 2020
  4. Hello,

It would be amazing to see some of these changes made to bedrock. Especially missions that players can get from Carol the Creeper since there currently are none. Also to remove the Factions NPC and put the Sky block NPC in its place would be great. I would love to have some new morphs and pets as well. I do not think there should be a /rank command because it does not seem necessary. Having the ability for players to use the /report command would be great because then players would have a way to notify staff. I am interested to see on what others think of these new, great ideas.

~Degagelemming95

Posted Feb 29, 2020
  5. This would be cool to see but I am not sure if this is possible in Bedrock Edition. I have never seen a Bedrock server with a Boss bar. Maybe it could be done though I am not sure.

Posted Feb 29, 2020
  6. Boss bars are fairly common on some other servers but that wasnt the main point of the image. Thats the old lobby that we would like to see return. It doesnt feel cluttered and it doesnt feel really annoying to get around due to it being relatively flat. It should also be less laggy due to it being more open and spread out

Posted Feb 29, 2020
  7. I disagree, the community has been asking for it on the forums and while it was in discussion (I believe) in the Bedrock Players group. While it has been previously denied, it is something that the players want to see. Personally, I don't think I would use /rank, but others might feel that they are being targetted because of their rank or other issues.

Posted Feb 29, 2020
    SirSyrup7, Korben, Strafer303 and 4 others like this.
  8. Play alot of Cw quiver micro etc and you'll understand.

Posted Feb 29, 2020
    FluteVegetables likes this.
  9. I could see how with team games that would be nice.

Posted Feb 29, 2020
  10. /rank is still pretty much useless even with teams or solo queue, players still see your name and that is that for now. It is still in the works so I'm not sure how it's going to turn out. I kindly say that making Dragons a part of Mixed Arcade is kind of late, there has already been at least 500 recorded players afking, and nobody cares, and players will continue to float in Mixed, wonderful. /report better be added, first the bug fixes. Also, adding achievements and fixes to games are fine, but this is a very late addon to our late 2016 bedrock edition server. Stats, this is fine as well. Stat bugs must be fixed as well, we have players who cannot see the statistics of another kid at 100 or even below this. New rank, more money, new morphs, more spending, /ph /playtime /rank -> useless additions rn. /ph only for abusers and exploiters. /rank for people with $ and have trouble playing fast-paced games, such as Micro Battles. /playtime monitors how long you've played with the 'magnificent' server. Leaderboards should be re-added as well, would like to see that happen. Carl the creeper -> mailman ripoff, more varieties of options. Cosmetics -> New additions | Gem fountain -> somewhat useful to people who grind games every second, minute, hour, day, week. Also to add, the missions seem extremely easy and should be added to more, to increase the rate of players playing for that certain mission. Gladiators, as a lobby game, is actually a good addition, shows us who owns the better PC and gaming system, hahah.

Posted Mar 1, 2020,
    Last edited Mar 1, 2020
    FluteVegetables likes this.
  11. /rank: Idk if its just me but i tend to only read a players name if they have a rank or they're on my team and right in front of me. May not be the best thing to do but it helps i guess. Most players u come across are randoms that u won't ever see again.
    Dragons in MA: Yes people can still float in MA but its gonna be a win once every 4 games and Quiver and Gladiators tend to be longer games. No ones gonna get banned for floating thats just how it is. I find that a little hypocritical considering you did it yourself a lot for 100 but thats not what I'm here to do.
    /report: I don't see any issues with how this should work so not a lot from me here.
    Achievements: I don't pay attention to these and i tend to get them done by simply playing the game a lot so i don't really have much to say here either
    Stats: If u know me at all I'm a freak for leaderboards/stats. I find them very interesting. Adding these back in game would really be useful to everyone. I remember going in a lobby and some level 6 asked "how do i check my wins?". The guy automatically assumed there are stats in the server because its a must-have. There were stats in 2016 all the way until September 19th which was the day before the Better Together update in which they were removed for no reason. Leaderboards are a great addition as well. Making them a lot like the Java server would be really nice. When i do get the rare chance to hop on Java i love the convenience of the leaderboards being right behind me and all it takes is a click to view a different one. I think leaderboards here should have a room for each individual game in the main lobby for them as well as one in the waiting lobby for the game you're playing in the space where the mission NPC used to be. Those wood logs serve no purpose and look weird so why not add leaderboards there. Also theres a bug were you can't view the stats of a level 100 when you click on them in a lobby or in your friends list. Hopefully that new GUI will be added along with fixed XP counts as making an XP leaderboard is impossible to make accurate currently. I've had requests to make one quite a bit.
    New Ranks: I think its a nice idea. I don't think i would personally buy it but Duke and Duchess have been out for quite a while with no new ranks. If pets don't appeal to certain players then maybe a rank upgrade will. Just don't make it overpriced (I'm not entirely sure Mineplex actually has a say in how much it costs).
    New Commands: It wasn't specified if we could use /ph and /playtime on other players but i see a use for these commands. I sometimes wanna know my play time because i've been around since 2016 and the only way for me to know is to ask a mod to get that for me and thats not their job. They're supposed to moderate the server. Not be a tool to get play time for other players. I do see its use in moderating though (to see if an account could be an alt by its play time) but i think any normal player should be able to see their own play time and maybe the play time of others. The addition of the account creation stat to player GUIs will also come in handy for mods as well as curious players like me. I think mods should be able to have a new command (for moderation purposes) where they can do something like /playergui and get that GUI menu you get from clicking on them in a lobby or clicking them on a friend list since you can't actually get these menus in a game without adding them as a friend. I know this doesn't have much use but maybe it has some use. If its not useful to mods then why not add that as a server-wide command? Sounds useful to me.
    Gem Fountain: 5 gems a day seems really low (at least for me. I have 3 million+). Its not that hard to get 5 gems at all and it would turn into waiting forever for a random game that you can't choose to get amplified for the weekend. Just seems time consuming for something very insignificant.
    Missions: Lots of the ones mentioned are already implemented as achievements (like killing 8 players in one game of Micro Battle) but i don't see a reason for missions. Also if leaderboards are added in the place of where missions used to be then where is the mission NPC gonna go now? I'm not against missions but i'm also not a huge fan of it either.
    Lobby Gladiators: Why add a game in a lobby thats already an actual game in the server? Also if stats are kept track for this lobby Gladiators thing then it's gonna be easy to abuse and get free wins with by using an afk alt to kill because you can essentially choose who you're fighting. Never have i once agreed with Cip until now. "Just shows who owns a better PC and gaming system". Yessir. Mobile is a pain.

I typed this right after i woke up so sorry if it's hard to understand because i messed up my grammar or something.

Posted Mar 1, 2020,
    Last edited Mar 1, 2020
    LarryTLlama, DaPBillk and SisterKun like this.
  12. I like this idea but the empror rank who fight in Hub? Man this will be toxic for players but everything else is good to add ty for the suggestion:sigils::bedrock:

Posted Mar 5, 2020
  13. I think Mineplex should have an in-game report on discord.

Bedrock Report Command:
    IGN (In-game name):
    Rules Broken: Teaming, Hacking (Speed, Duplicating, Flying, Knockback, Enchanted Items, Reach, etc).
    Game: Cakewars, Microbattles, etc.
    Evidence: (Video, Picture, etc)

Example:
    IGN: SisterKun
    Rules Broken: Flying
    Game: Microbattles
    Evidnce: (Picture)

Posted Mar 14, 2020
    Degagelemming95 likes this.
  14. What about bugs ?? There are many games that still need to be fixed (aka Mob-Arena where people go past wave 20 and continue instead of finish, Creative Housing that doesn't explain well on how to build and create a house?, Block hunt needs more hunters, Micro battles just makes no sense, Sky Fall on a bedrock server?? try using an iPod and see how far you goon that. ) and most of all characters there are some that are midgets and kid sizes that use it an opportunity for more speed and less hit boxes. Fix the way to change pets names. You should have a hard way to get Minecoins. I love how you guys want to expand things but if you don't focus on fixing the things here then ill just expand. Also time to time there are a small number of cheaters in cake wars but otherwise you guys are doing amazing :)

Posted Apr 1, 2020
    WowTamman likes this.
  15. 1. For Mob Arena, that's not a bug, you continue until the the last person dies, the last person who dies is the winner.
    2. It's called creative housing for a reason, you build whatever you want, there's no need for instructions on how to create a house.
    3. You not understanding block hunt, micro battles, and skyfall, what don't you understand about it?
    4. Small skins don't have speed, and that's something mineplex won't do anything about.
    5.Minecons are a minecraft thing, so mineplex doesnt get involved in that.
    6. Report cheaters with evidence at mineplex.com/reports
    7. Pet names being broken is a known issue, any other bugs you can report at mineplex.com/bugs

Posted Apr 1, 2020,
    Last edited Apr 1, 2020
    SisterKun likes this.
  16. I was just about to make a thread suggesting that we need a way to check stats. I like to know how I'm doing, if I have more wins than losses. K:D ration, so, I'm all for this idea, I really liked the OG lobby.

Posted Apr 3, 2020
  17. Im hoping that something is implemented so that it tells you how much xp you're getting after a game even after you get level 100 like on Java. I also hope that the xp count for Bedrock and total games played count on forum profiles are fixed as well. As of now the only accurate thing we can check is gem count because they add on forums profiles after level 100 but not xp for some reason. Java has this functionality and i would hope Bedrock would get this so that stats are accurate.

Posted Apr 3, 2020
    WowTamman and DaPBillk like this.
  18. I agree with most of this, but what's wrong with Micro Battles?

Posted Apr 3, 2020
    DueBlue Angel likes this.
  19. Yes I agree with this too. Cake Wars for some reason doesn't count towards your total games played, if you want proof go to the top 3 CW players' profiles.

Posted Apr 3, 2020
  20. I mean the archer and the Miner barely do anything unless the dig or hide like the classes need to make more sense is what I'm saying if that clarifies it :)

Posted Apr 3, 2020
    WowTamman likes this.