• 966 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10351 Players Online
  • 9385 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Bedrock Lobby - Double Jump/Leap Idea

Discussion in 'Bedrock Ideas' started by ReJo, Feb 23, 2021.

?

What do you think about this?

1. Sounds Good

100.0%
  2. Sounds Okay

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Not So Sure

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Please read all that I have to say before replying with feedback.

Hello! My idea here is to allow players to double jump/leap in the lobby.

There used to be a leap feather (in the previous hub) that allowed you to leap.

I think this should come back but in a slightly different form. Why do I think this should come in a different form? Because if the leap feather were to be re-implemented, the hotbar in the lobby would just be too crowded. Instead of the leap being used by a feather in the player inventory, it should be where you just double tap jump.

If this feature gets annoying to some players, maybe an option in the mineplex settings could be added to toggle this.

Here's a list of reasons I think this should happen -

1. This would help players to get around in the lobby.
    2. This was already implemented before, except a bit differently with the feather.
    3. It would make the Leap Effects more useful. As of right now, leap effects are only usable in certain games such as dragons and bomb lobbers & OITQ. (Doesn't work in block hunt idk why).
    4. This already exists on the java server. I know that bedrock and java work a bit differently, but still I think this would work.

Questions you may have -
    1. Question - Would this work for all platforms? Answer - Yes. For PC players, double tap space bar. For mobile players, double tap the jump button. And so on...
    2. Question - How would this work? Answer - Just double tap jump, and you'll leap forwards/upwards.
    3. Question - Why do you think this should be implemented? Answer - 1. Because it would help players get around with ease. 2. So that there's actually a use of the "Leap Effect" cosmetic. (I already know you can use leap effects in games such as dragons).
    4. Question - Would this be problematic? Answer - I don't think so. As long as the leap has a short cool-down or something.

Thanks for reading and let me know what you think about this!

Posted Feb 23, 2021,
    Last edited Mar 3, 2021
  2. Good idea also I Always thought ranks should able to fly like “other” servers. Like you said it’s needs to be easier to get around the hub

Posted Feb 23, 2021
    JDT2008 and ReJo like this.
  3. I agree with your idea for a double jump thing, but I do have a question. If you're using a flying morph like bat morph or ghast morph, how would this work?

Posted Feb 23, 2021
    JDT2008, Sorhu and ReJo like this.
  4. Hmm, good question.

Maybe the double jump should only work if you're on ground. So if you're flying around with a morph, it will not function.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 23, 2021
    JDT2008 and yvuggu like this.
  5. I like this. It seems like a cool thing to add in the lobby.

Posted Feb 23, 2021
    JDT2008 and ReJo like this.
  6. What if you shift double jumped to leap? It would look cool IMO, but that’s just me.

Posted Feb 23, 2021
  7. Sounds like a good idea. I would love this if it existed in the lobby.

Posted Feb 24, 2021
    ReJo likes this.
  8. I remember this existing in the old lobby and I think it would be cool to bring back.

Posted Feb 24, 2021
    ReJo likes this.
  9. I agree with this also.

Posted Feb 24, 2021
    ReJo likes this.
  10. i really do like this idea. i just want the leap to return back because otherwise all these leap effects i have are useless. i like the double jump idea and it shouldn't be super hard to implement. even if they add back the normal leap feather then i will be happy with that. i can see this not being added soon though even if processed. they seem focused on fixing bedrock's "couldn't find a lobby issue". this means that it may take time to be added as it is not an instant necessity, great idea though otherwise! +1

Posted Feb 24, 2021
    ReJo likes this.
  11. Yeah I think it would be good to add, but the lobby issue definitely needs to be fixed.

Posted Feb 24, 2021
    yvuggu and ReJo like this.
  12. It would be cool to double jump! And for your point about it replacing all leaps, it would make mobile and pc play equal, as you have to wait a second before the leap activates. But maybe it would cause some issues with directional leap rathere than vertical leap. +1 to the lobby idea but -0.5 about it replacing all leaps.

Posted Mar 3, 2021
    Kight, Ryan9116 and ReJo like this.