• 307 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6576 Players Online
  • 6269 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Bedrock & Java Argument

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Cenothrepticye3, Jul 11, 2021.

?

Bedrock or Java?

1. Bedrock

33.3%
  2. Java

44.4%
  3. Cracked

11.1%
  4. All Are Good

11.1%
  1. Let's settle this one for the Mineplex community. Which version of Minecraft is better? Let me know in the poll above this! (Accidentally closed the poll in Server Discussion forums.)

Posted Jul 11, 2021
    Gil-galad and CatFan105 like this.
  2. Hmm… for this debate, I’ll personally have to settle for Java as that’s what I’ve been playing for YEARS and it’s the ‘OG’ Minecraft as some would say. With lots of nostalgia, a familiar interface and the fact that all the servers I play are hosted on Java has by far made it my preferred choice. However, I will admit that the Bedrock edition has definitely made leaps and bounds over the years, so it’s not like I heavily dislike Bedrock. Rather, I actually quite admire the magnitude of features it brings to Minecraft overall. I remember playing pocket edition back in 2013 before I got Java and boy am I glad that Bedrock has excelled way beyond that.

Considering the fact that Bedrock is also available on multiple platforms ranging from a phone to a console or computer does make it more appealing as it’s easily accessible to all - which assists Minecraft in expanding its player base to younger generations IMO - however Java edition is still easy to come by and most households nowadays have access to some form of PC/Mac/Laptop etc (plus MC does not use a significant chunk of RAM, so it can easily run anywhere). In saying that though, the ease of accessibility mixed in with the advanced updates that Bedrock has received over the years, and the technology/software available to Bedrock servers that Java server’s might not have access to (*cough* Transfer packets) does strengthen Bedrock as a contender against Java as it provides more opportunities for innovation and advancements to the overall gameplay experience.

Despite all of this though, Java still comes out on top for me. The inventory interface on Bedrock, plus the fact that Java has things like TAB (which I know is small, but hey the little things count too!) make it my goto version. Being round for a much longer period of time has also enabled those who work with mods, plugins etc to learn and delve into new ideas through advancements made in coding and what not, so that also provides Java with a bit of an upper hand. None the less, I’m definitely interested to see what happens in the future though - as many have suggested overtime, there are definitely occasions where Mojang “appears” to be enticing Java players to move to Bedrock, which makes me contemplate the long-term future of Java overall.

None the less, it’s certainly nothing to worry about as it’s merely just a poke in the dark at what’s to come in our unpredictable future.

Anyway, that basically sums up my personal stance on this debate. I’m definitely interested to see what other people have to say with regard to this debate, so I’ll have to keep my eye out for replies. Thanks for posting the thread! ^.^

Posted Jul 11, 2021,
    Last edited Jul 11, 2021
    Name Tag likes this.
  3. So I've played on java for about 9 years now, and played pocket edition from 2014-2016, then got bedrock windows 10 edition in 2018. I used to hate bedrock edition so much, but it's really been growing on me recently. so this question is hard for me to answer. Obviously java is better for some things and bedrock is better for others, so I'm just going to list some things about each server that I find good and bad.

Java
    • combat in 1.8 is better on java- for some reason on bedrock, combat doesn't seem as good and the movement isn't as smooth as java.
    • it also has the 1.9 combat, if you're into that. (I'm not)
    • I like the menus on java better
    • it doesn't have the chat filter if you're on one of your own worlds
    • maps, resource packs, mods, and skins are free!
    • has the F3 menu and tab
    • It's the OG!
    Bedrock
    • it doesn't have the 1.9 java combat update with it, which is good/bad depending on your opinion
    • cross platform, which can be good and bad (good because of diversity, bad because ipad kid is probably gonna lose to gaming pc kid every time)
    • it runs smoother than java does, so if you don't have a good computer then you can use bedrock and still have a consistent fps
    • movement seems kinda clunky. (idk how to describe it, it's just something I noticed that bothers me a little. maybe I'm the only one with that problem lol)
    • I can join my friends easier on bedrock and I don't need to buy realms
    • the marketplace has a variety of things made by talented and dedicated creators, and it's easily accessible, BUT most of the things there cost money, but on java they would be free to download
    • it's probably safer for kids because there is parental controls on the xbox thing and a chat filter for the whole game
    • bedrock mineplex has better player count than java mineplex
    • some of the servers look really cool because they are able to customize better and get really cool decorations and stuff
    So yeah, now you can see why it's so hard for me to make up my mind! Also there's probably some reasons that I missed.

Posted Jul 12, 2021
    CatFan105 likes this.
  4. I agree with all of that! Just wanted to tell you that by playing on PE or Windows 10 Edition, you can get texture packs, skins, maps, mods, and other stuff for free! You can also get it on Xbox and playstation but it is way harder.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 12, 2021
    Name Tag likes this.
  5. I just realized something
    Q.17 added light blocks, lava cauldrons, and waterlogged rails to Java
    JAVA IS STEALING ALL OF RHE EXCUSIVE STUFF FROM BEDROCK

Posted Jul 12, 2021
    Name Tag likes this.
  6. Yeah, I think that this is bad, they should have blocks/items that can only be found in one game or the other, so that will will have to buy both games to see all the different stuff. It would be more fun if both games were more unique to each other, instead of them both having all of the same items.

Posted Jul 12, 2021