• 386 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4679 Players Online
  • 4293 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

bedrock going downhill

Discussion in 'Bedrock Ideas' started by Mason864, Jun 28, 2022.

1. heyo, im a frequent player of mineplex bedrock mode. i usually play cakewars but i will frequently switch in between games. one issue that has been really bugging me latley is the amount of hackers and how impossible it is to report/ban them. i recently started playing the other servers listed on bedrock mode and i realized the lack of effort put into upkeeping the server. tons of little issues that have been reported like the default kit selection but just sort of gets pushed aside with you telling other people its being worked on. but most of the issues brought up from other peoples posts are still present. i also understand that there is one dev for the bedrock server, but its obvious he cant handle everything by himself so why not just try and get another person? i dont understand why there isnt a report button in game to report hackers and you have to go through so much to just report one person with the risk of the evidence not being enough and then gets rejected. when playing the other listed servers on bedrock i realized that the hacker problem is just on mineplex. i have been playing other servers for a few days now and have not run into a single hacker while i will run into at least 3 people using fly and reach hacks every night when playing mineplex. i know this post is usless because the response will just basically be "we are working on it" but im just tired of the crazy amount of hackers on the server and hope that something can be done to help fix the issue or at least make the report system easier without having to pull out another device to report someone. this is the only server without an ingame report button and its kind of stupid you cant even type in chat that someone is hacking even though half the games someone is.

Posted Jun 28, 2022
  2. Hey,
    The /report feature, which almost all bedrock players are asking for, is on the 'to do list' but you are right in saying there is only 1 developer at the moment which makes this quite difficult. The option to report via the forums still exists, but I totally understand it can be quite a tedious process, especially if you encounter several cheaters when you hop on. Hopefully this is something that can be implemented at some point!

Posted Jun 28, 2022
  3. Hey! I'm not a frequent Bedrock player but I have heard about a lot of issues and some of them also exist on Java, as great as the current developer on Bedrock is doing; there isn't a single person on this planet that can handle developing a large commercial network by themselves. Hopefully they will recruit more developers for both Java and Bedrock..

I've heard about the hacker issue before but hackers exist on every server.. Hopefully the /report feature will be added soon as well as upgrades to the Anticheat :)

Posted Jun 28, 2022
    LostShrimp13 likes this.
  4. As others have said, a /report feature is on our to-do list. And while Bedrock definitely needs more developers, applications are always open, it's just a matter of qualified people applying. Our Bedrock staff applications are also always open, so we are constantly looking for new Trainees to add to the team to help with moderation.

You can also try our report feature through our Discord server. While that one doesn't guarantee a staff member's response like forum reports do, it's still a fast way to try and get a Moderator to your server.

Posted Jun 28, 2022
  5. It's also a matter of pay being better than a normal minimum wage worker, which it isn't at the moment.

Posted Jun 28, 2022
  6. Well I’m guessing ownership decides the wages that they pay, so the dev team can’t control that, nor can we. Plus pay wages aren’t public so it’s all assumptions.

Posted Jun 28, 2022
  7. I'm going by what a past admin has told me the pay was. It's likely different now, but not by much.

Posted Jun 28, 2022
    SpitefulNick likes this.
  8. The bedrock server has been going downhill for quite a while now, which I believe is due to the primary focus being java and that most people on the staff team are java. Gyro does need support and its ashame that people such as Alex would lie to us about recruiting more developers last year. Mineplex certainly needs to advertise the position on other platforms, they can't expect it to be done by itself. Hopefully with this new rubbish subscription rank that's clearly a scam it may indicate that Mineplex intend to actually start focusing on bedrock for once instead of java.

Posted Jun 29, 2022
  9. Technically he never lied, we just didn't expect him to only hire 1 developer. With the 45 applicants he told us, we expected at least 3 or 4 new developers.

It's not even that they're intentionally only focusing Java, the two teams are split (Bedrock and Java) and we can tell which team is more dedicated to their job. I have no idea what the hell the Bedrock team is doing, the content production lead clearly doesn't know how to positively bring this server somewhere better since he wasn't even the one who brought it to 40K. They clearly have a more clearer direction for Java rather than Bedrock which is why you see more things happening on Java.

Posted Jun 29, 2022
  10. This begs the question-have they just given up? On Bedrock and Java?

Posted Jun 29, 2022
  11. probably

Posted Jul 27, 2022