• 1566 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8057 Players Online
  • 6491 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Bedrock CW New Kit Idea: Healer/Cleric

Discussion in 'Cake Wars' started by yvuggu, Jan 16, 2021.

?

What do you think about the Healer kit?

1. The kit is underpowered.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. The kit is overpowered.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I like this kit!

100.0%
  4. This kit just doesn't feel right/doesn't fit in.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I'm still deciding.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Disclaimer: This idea is designed to fit in with the planned kit buffs, not the current kits. I'm referring to the GI - Bedrock Cakewars Update Proposal.
    New Kit Idea: Healer
    3000 Gems
    Description:
    Medic: Gains a Regeneration 2 for 8 seconds splash potion every 35 seconds. Maximum of 1.
    Heal up your team when they're on low health!
    Passive 1: The user can see the health of their teammates.
    Passive 2: When in a 5 block radius from the user, your teammates' natural regeneration is 50% faster. This would show with a particle effect
    (don't know a name, maybe Healing Ring)
    According to the Minecraft Wiki, over these 8 seconds, the players affected by the potion will gain 3.2 hearts.

It seems fairly balanced to me, and the purpose of the kit is to heal your team, as Cakewars is a team game. At first sight, the kit looks overpowered compared to the other ones(just in case you didn't read the disclaimer), but with the kit buffs that are planned for all three of the current kits, this would fit in well.

Credit to this thread for inspiring the idea: https://www.mineplex.com/threads/cake-wars-ideas-bedrock.181560/#post-629408

Posted Jan 16, 2021,
    Last edited Jan 16, 2021
  2. good idea! but maybe change the 50% faster regeneration to something like 40% or 30%, 50% might to a bit too much

Posted Jan 16, 2021
  3. Natural regeneration is already pretty slow in games like Cakewars.

Edit: 50% faster natural regeneration is just enough for the user to make sure they aren't never dying.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 16, 2021,
    Last edited Jan 16, 2021
  4. alr this kit seems good and pretty useful but most teammates just sit on the gen and get your cake eaten so I wouldn’t expect them to throw potions at you... and how would they know if you are low? it’s a good kit idea and 50% isn’t overpowered since mineplex regen is so slow/ bad. but also would you be given regen after ever kill? or regen at your base only? if you are a rusher the regen is pretty useful.

Posted Jan 16, 2021
  5. They don't need to know that you're low because this is a splash potion, so they could splash it on both/multiple people. Most people don't work as a team in Cakewars unless they're friends, but when they do, they can splash it and stay together after fights to gain the regeneration bonus as well.

This isn't the best kit for someone who rushes. The warrior kit is planned to get buffed to this
    • Increase the number of time players get strength from 1 --> 3 seconds
    • Give players 3 hearts per kill unless they are full health.
    Which is overpowered in my opinion. Team wiping would be way too easy. Also, there is no regen after a kill. That's the current Warrior kit.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 16, 2021
  6. yes the kit would be great if you played in a party but for the people who solo queue cake wars get teammates who do nothing but what if they saw they were low and would splash the potion (like have your health visible) because that might help or just in general have your health shown

Posted Jan 16, 2021
    yvuggu and Ŗýąñ⁹¹¹⁶ like this.
  7. Interesting idea. I would say that only the healer gets the benefit of seeing the health of their teammates in whole hearts, like 6 or 7. Passive 1 will be changed to this, so I'll edit the original post. It would show above their heads, like on Java.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 16, 2021
  8. Hello there!

First of all I would like to thank you for suggesting a great kit idea for the Cake Wars mini-game, this kit does seem balanced to me however I would like to state a few things, if you are suggesting a kit that includes potions then I doubt that it could be added since the Cake Wars games exist without any potions in store for players when coming by to the Store GUI. As for seeing your team mate's health, I doubt that this one could ever be added, it does seem like a good idea since you're a healer and you'll be able to see your team mate's health but I believe damage indicators are not allowed in the Bedrock server so I'll have to disagree with that one, and the fact that we never had any feature that allows you to see the player's health, however this kind of plugin could be possibly made.

A splash potion however would be the only possible way to heal your team mates, but I believe there could be some other useful ideas such as standing close to your team mate regenerates your health faster, but could be a bit too overpowered, another idea is probably adding a health generator that would be sold for 8 nether stars, this gives your team the ability to heal up very faster whenever you're near at your cake, let's say probably 5 blocks away from the cake would be a decent amount. Also another thing, I know it is a healer kit so the main purpose is to heal up your teams, I think it would also be possible to add a kit where you can heal yourself, like receive health generation for every kill, I think that it could be a great idea as well.

Thanks for suggesting a great kit, if you have any questions or concerns regarding to this message, feel free to message me at anytime! <3

Posted Jan 16, 2021
    OmegaKyurem, yvuggu and moppy like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.