• 1505 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8287 Players Online
  • 6782 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

[Bedrock] Creative Housing QoL

Discussion in 'Bedrock Ideas' started by GuardianInASuit, Sep 22, 2020.

1. Creative Housing Update
    Creative Housing has always been one of our largest game since its launch. These are just some ideas I've found while looking at the forums and some I've seen suggested in the BCH (Bedrock Community Hub) and MPD (Mineplex Discord).

Regions
    Regions are small selects you can make in your plot to change what happens in the area. I think this would allow us to do so much more in creative housing. These Regions you can change what happens be it Pvp is allowed or players can only build and break blocks in that region. I think this will allow players to make smaller minigames wth the house they created.

Kits
    This new feature would allow the owner of the house to give players a kit on join/death. This will give the players whatever the owner set the items as. They can only set 9 items + armor

Block Updates
    Make it where things like sand, water, and lava don't get "Block Updates" meaning that if you break the block under the sand it doesn't fall, and if you place water/lava it doesn't flow.

Housing Moderation
    Removing a ban - Currently on housing players can be banned and kick from the housing. When a player is banned there is no way of removing that ban. It would be really nice to remove the unban from the player. I think we should add a list to the NPC in the house where you can view everyone who has been banned from your house.

Report System- If a player comes across an inappropriate house they should be able to report it to Staff Members. When a house is reported Staff members will be notified and they can check all current pending reports just by going the housing NPC where a button will show "pending reports" after 2 hours the report will be marked as expired.

Parkour Stop and Start
    This is a simple idea. The player will get two pressure plates. One will start the Parkour timer and the other one will stop it. Players will be given an item they can click on to restart. House Owners can also mark checkpoints if they wish.​

Posted Sep 22, 2020
  2. I dont see why Ch needs pvp at all since it's a build game, but if for arenas and stuff u can do that.

Water/Lava is automatically disabled from my knowledge unless you use dispensers, and idk how its gonna be if they cant fall. Regions seem nice though, and would you be allowed to have more then 2 pressure plates, if so, how could you tell which is for which. Housing moderation is just qol so ofc implement it and it's a no brainer. Also, will builders have access to flying in pvp zones, or is it not role-reliant, and how exactly do you think it would work for regions. What happens when a parkour is completed, is there a shout out to the whole server (Server as in CH world), and can you make spawn points if you die in PvP. Also what if you wanted different kits for certain arenas? Anyway ok idea, could use some elaboration.

Posted Sep 22, 2020,
    Last edited by a Moderator Sep 23, 2020
  3. I think this is a great idea. I know a lot of people have been wanting something like this for a while now. It would definitely be nice to be able to create PvP games in your house, and would also help for some of the Bedrock Events. It would also be nice to be able to choose select areas for building. I think it would be great to have an option to only allow building and breaking blocks in certain areas, and then PvP in other areas. Definitely all for this idea.

This actually is a pretty good and interesting idea. I can see how it might benefit owners by only allowing certain items. It could prevent a lot of potential griefing, and it would just be nice in general. Limiting the items players have through kits could prevent a lot of people griefing houses, and the owners can rest easy knowing that people only have access to certain items. I think this idea could potentially work out, and it does have a nice overall concept.

Another great idea. It can be quite annoying when wanting to build with sand and gravel, and then not being able to due to the fact that you can’t place them above things without them falling. Preventing water/lava flow would also stop a lot of griefing, and would just be nice in general. It would prevent accidents from destroying a house, and would also eliminate any kind of problems when placing water/lava. I think this would definitely be nice to see added.

Don’t have any objections to this. An unban option definitely needs to be added. There have been too many people getting banned from houses and then not able to join back. Sometimes bans can be a result of abused admin, so it would be nice to be able to remove bans in case of any unintentional ones. I also like the idea of being able to see all banned members, and it would really be efficient. I would also like to see something put in place to prevent owners from being banned from their own houses, as that has been a problem before.

I agree with this fully. There have been way too many inappropriate houses, and there continue to be some. There can’t really be much done about them unless they’re reported to a higher up and reset. There should be an item in the players’ hotbar, maybe a barrier, or something similar to that, that allows the player to report the house. Don’t have anything to say about how the Staff Members would see it, as it sounds like that would work out perfectly. There of course should be an option to mark the reports as accepted or denied, and players should be notified if their reports are accepted.

I agree with this as well. A lot of CH plots consist of parkour, and a lot of people do complain about there not being checkpoints. It would also be nice to have a timer to time how long it takes you to complete the parkour, and it would just be efficient and helpful to have a start and ending point. Checkpoints would also be nice so that players don’t have to start over if they fall. There should also be an item for them to restart it if they wish, like you stated. It should maybe be a ladder or a pressure plate. I like the idea of House Owners being able to mark their own checkpoints as well.

Overall, these are some really nice ideas that I would love to see added to Creative Housing. They would definitely improve the game, and make it better for everyone as a whole.

Posted Sep 22, 2020
    spookyanika likes this.
  4. ahahahah i jsust agree wuith lt no mayttyer what haha :D

Posted Sep 23, 2020
    xGetSpooked and LT Tombstone 77 like this.
  5. Overall, I believe what you suggested could really improve Housing, but I did have a few concerns and ideas.

Regions
    Regions are a good idea, but I feel like it might be tricky to implement in practice. This would pretty much mean implementing a world guard system on the Housing world, which I believe would be tricky for both devs and players. Just commands wise, this seems like something that would require quite a few commands and knowledge to work properly, which might just confuse players. The only thing I could think of that would make this doable, is to make it so the areas are preset, and you can just change the preset areas. This still wouldn't be the best, as it requires a decent amount of learning, would not be easily implemented in already created builds, and would still not be the most intuitive system. Overall, I like the concept, but can't see it working in practice.

Kits
    I feel like my concerns with regions are pretty similar with kits, but do feel it would be easy enough to do. This would be a pretty cool feature, and would allow for a ton of customization. So overall, I am for this, although I do think it would need to be done in a way that is pretty intuitive.

Block Updates
    I don't have a lot to say about this, but I totally agree. This would create the opportunity for some really incredible designs. I also don't see there being any big draw backs with this, so 100% think this should be added!

Housing Moderation
    I also completely agree with this. I feel like Housing moderation should function similar to Java coms, as that system works very well. Maybe, there could also be a GUI with all the banned members to make it easier to see who is currently banned. Not entirely sure if that is possible, but having a ban list would also be a great feature.

I have seen similar ideas to this on other threads and completely agree. My only concern for this is backlogs of reports, but I don't think it would be possible to know until it is implemented. What I have suggested before is possibly implementing a reporting system in housing just for premium ranks to start, and if there isn't too high volume, releasing it to the rest of the player base.

Parkour
    I really like this, but am not entirely sure how it would work. Would all, let's say gold and iron, pressure pads be start and stop, respectively? Or would players need to run a command to get specific pressure pads that would work as start and stop points. What might work best is if all Start, Stop, and Checkpoint pressure pads had to be placed on top of another specific block (like sponge or something that is rarely used). I am not entirely sure how it would be implemented, but I do think the general concept is great!

As I said in the beginning, I really like most of the ideas, and think that overall they would really improve Housing!

Posted Sep 23, 2020