• 992 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6852 Players Online
  • 5860 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Bedrock Cosmetics/Crates Suggestions

Discussion in 'Bedrock Ideas' started by ReJo, May 5, 2021.

1. Hey there! Please note that this idea is for bedrock.

In case the cosmetics/crates are planned to be updated sometime, I wanted to give some ideas/suggestions.
    Idk why, but I'm obsessed with opening crates, using cosmetics, and so on.
    I'm going to suggest new cosmetics and changes.

NOTE: I don't at all expect all this to be implemented, I just wanna give some ideas for when the cosmetics/crates are updated. Here we go!

New Cosmetics Section

Particles

- Shadow Walk | How It Works - Your feet are covered in ash type particles, which follow you. Basically a cloud of smoke below you. Description - "It won't stop following me!!" Rarity - Rare

- Musical Swirl | How It Works - Musical notes whirl around you similar to the emerald twirl. Description - Don't stop the beat! Rarity - Rare

- Wind of the Frost Lord | How It Works - Cloud particles build up in circles around you, and explode with a whoosh of snow when it cones up at your head. Any particles close to the face should be decreased or removed somehow to prevent the particle from being too distracting or blocking player view. Description - Your very own wintery blizzard. Rarity - Legendary

- Celebration Aura | How It Works - Little animations of miniature firework explosions appear around the player. These are not displayed right infront of the face since it would block your vision. Description - It's celebration time! Rarity - Legendary

Pets

- Rabbit | Description - A cute little rabbit just for you! Rarity - Uncommon

- Desert Rabbit | Description - From the lonely, hot sandy desert, now your best friend! Rarity - Uncommon

- Toasty Rabbit | Description - Dark gray and tan spots, an interesting little fella! Rarity - Uncommon

- Killer Bunny | Description - Don't worry, it won't hurt you. Rarity - Uncommon

- Flying Dolphin (This pet has water particles under it as it flies in circles around you!) | Description - A majestic dolphin smart and sweet, as your awesome companion! Rarity - Legendary

Morphs

-
    Block Morph | Ability - Change Block How It Works - Click a block to morph into it, like in block hunt. Also like in block hunt, you can solidify as a block pretty much anywhere you’d like. You cannot solidify at spawn. Ability Cooldown - 6s Description - Change into almost any block you'd like! Rarity - Legendary

- Creeper Morph | Ability - Explode How It Works - Click to charge and explode, knocking away nearby players. Ability Cooldown - 12s Description - The creepiest creeper to creep. Rarity - Rare

- Pigman Morph | Ability - Nether Corruption How It Works - Click to change the ground around you to netherrack, soul sand, obsidan, & more, similar to the frost golems chill out ability. Ability Cooldown - 20s Description - Bring a small piece of the nether to the lobby! Rarity - Rare

- Zombie Morph | Ability - Growl How It Works - Click to growl like a zombie. Nearby players can hear this. Ability Cooldown - 6s Description - Spook off people you don’t like! Rarity - Rare

- Skeleton Morph | Ability - Rapid Arrows How It Works - Similar to the barrage ability with marksman kit in Dragons, you’ll shoot multiple arrows rapidly for a couple of seconds. If an arrow hits a player, it deals small knockback. Ability Cooldown - 10s Description - Shoot your enemies away! Rarity - Rare

- Wolf Morph | Ability - Tackle How It Works - Click to launch yourself forwards. If you hit a player as you launch yourself, the player you hit receives slowness for 4 seconds. They also get a message saying, "You've been tackled!". Ability Cooldown - 15s Description - Deep down you still have the desire to attack... Rarity - Rare

Gadgets

- Fireworks | How It Works - Launch a firework into the air, with a colorful explosion. Cooldown - 2s Description - Need to celebrate? These should do the trick. Rarity - Common/Uncommon (Same as a normal gadget rarity.)

Arrow Trails

-
    Musical Arrows | Description - These are tipped with music! How It Works - Music notes follow the arrow. Rarity - Rare

- Firework Arrows | Description - These may be pretty, but dangerous... How It Works - White firework sparks follow your arrow as it travels through the air. When the arrow hits, a firework explosion emits (The firework explosion does NOT deal damage to nearby players.) Rarity - Legendary

Death Animations

-
    Musical Death | Description - Every song has an ending. How It Works - Music notes temporarily appear where you died. Rarity - Rare

- Rainy Death | Description - "Where's the sun?!" How It Works - Rain drips drop onto the ground from the location of your death. Rarity - Rare

- Firework Death | Description - A death to be celebrated. How It Works - A red firework explosion appears right above the ground at your death location. Rarity - Legendary

Leap Effects

- Wet Jump | Description - Don't slip! How It Works - A poof of cloud particles along with rain drops appear from where your leaped. Rarity - Rare

- Musical Jump | Description - Crank up the volume and let's get jumpin'! How It Works - A circle of music notes rise from the ground in the location of your leap. Rarity - Rare

- Firework Leap | Description - Liftoff!! How It Works - A firework explosion appears in the location of your leap. Rarity - Rare

- Rainbow Leap | Description - So colorful! How It Works - Rainbow colors of falling dust follow your feet as you leap. Rarity - Legendary

Now, moving on to cosmetic changes!

Cosmetics Changes Section

Particles

-
    Make particles to where they don't bunch up in your face when you stop moving.

- Rain Cloud - Change the smoke into actual cloud particles.

- Elemental Wings - Add some sort of ice particles to it. The description says "Combining the powers of fire and ice!"

Morphs

- IF possible, make it so players can actually see what they're morphed into. This seems to be possible in block hunt, you can see yourself as whatever block you are.

- Pig Morph - Tone down the force when using the "Dash Forward" ability. Currently, it's just too much.

- Witch Morph - Make it so you cannot hurt the bats that are spawned from the ability.

Gadgets

- Bat Blaster | Change the fire/hissing sound into a bat hurting sound when the bats hit a player.

- Flesh Hook | Decrease the pulling force of the hook. It currently pulls players back a little too far.

- Jack-O-Launcher | Change this back into the Melon Launcher. When used, you'll shoot a melon which explodes into melon slices when it hits the ground. When a player picks up the melon slices, they receive a temporary speed boost.

- Treasure Party Bomb | Change the cyan potion particles into light blue firework explosions. Also slightly decrease the cooldown. Currently, you have to wait around 15 seconds to throw another bomb once your previous bomb wore off.

Arrow Trails

- Remove the unobtainable arrow trails such as Anvil Arrows, Cake Arrows, Feather Arrows, and so on.

Death Animations

- Death Animations should be preview able in the lobby. Similar to the leap effect previews, it'll just repeatedly show the death animation particles around the player while previewing.

- Gory Redstone Death | Redstone should actually spew out, along with the red particles.

Tricks

- I think these are currently bugged, so I'm not really gonna say anything about them.

Okay, now the cosmetics are out of the way. Now for the crates, here we go!

New Crates Section

- I'm currently suggesting only one new crate below. Reason For No Christmas Crate - Christmas cosmetics will already be available through the winter event shop. Reason For No Valentines Crate - There are already valentines-like cosmetics available regularly such as Cupid's Arrows, Cupid's Broken Heart, Cupid's Wings, & more. Plus, I don't wanna worry about the smaller holidays. So here we go with the one new crate I'm suggesting below.

========================================================================

- Thankful Treasure | What Is This For? - This crate is for Thanksgiving. On java, there is a thankful treasure which allows players to find items such as Amplifiers, Treasure Party Bombs, Thanksgiving Cosmetics, & more. That's what I'm suggesting for bedrock. Thankful Treasure Info Below!

Cost - 25k Shards
    Openable Chests Per Crate - 2
    Duplicates - No

What can be found in the Thankful Treasure?

Uncommon Items - Treasure Party Bombs (Amount varies from 3 to 5) | x1 Noble Crate | Pumpkin Pie (This is a gadget. You shoot a pumpkin which explodes into multiple pumpkin pies when it hits the ground. Players who pick up the pie get a temporary speed boost. Amount of ammo given per chest for this gadget varies from 45 to 60)

Rare Items - Autumn Arrows (An arrow trail. A mix of brown, orange, & yellow falling dust type particles follow the arrow.) | Autumn Fall (A death animation. A mix of brown, orange, & yellow falling dust type particles fall to the ground at your death location.) | Leafy Leap (A leap effect. In the location of your leap, a mix of brown, orange, & yellow falling dust type particles will temporarily appear. The particles will also follow your feet as you leap for just a couple of seconds, as if you jumped out of a pile of leaves.) | Turkey Pet (A pet. A turkey which follows you wherever you go.) | x1 Amplifier (You receive an amplifier. Use this to double your shards in almost any game for an hour.) | x1 Royal Crate |

Legendary Items - Chicken Wings Particle (A particle. Like the chicken wings particle on java, you have orangish colored chicken wings on your back.) | x2 Amplifiers | x1 Imperial Crate |

And that's it for the thankful treasure. Now, moving onto the crate changes section!
    ========================================================================

Crates Changes Section

- All Crates | A title should appear on the screen when opening a crate which says, "Choose (#) to open" or "Choose (#) chest(s)".

-
    All Crates | Depending on the found cosmetic, an item should float above the opened chest. For example: If I found the throwing tnt gadget, tnt would float above the chest I opened.

-
    All Crates | Replace the paper/wool/diamonds/emeralds spewing animations with firework explosions. Common = No fireworks | Uncommon = One normal purple firework explosion | Rare = One twinkling, large explosion light blue firework explosion | Legendary = Five twinkling, large explosion lime firework explosions along with one lighting strike.

-
    All Crates | Before all the chests disappear after opening them, the lids should close on them.

- All Crates | Lower the amount of gadget ammo given from commons/uncommons. This might sound dumb, but I think it's necessary because you can get over 700 ammo for a gadget from a single uncommon opening. This can lead to easily obtaining thousands of ammo which is over whelming. I think common amounts of ammo should be around 10-25, and uncommons around 75-90.

- Imperial Crate | If the player has all the cosmetics unlocked, they shouldn't be able to open this crate unless more cosmetics are added.

- Trick or Treat Bag | Prevent players from finding duplicates. This crate costs 20k, and you only open one chest, why put duplicates in this? Also, if the player has all the halloween cosmetics, prevent them from opening more Trick or Treat Bags.

And that's it! More may be added to this over time.

NOTE: I do not expect all of this to be accepted/implemented. I just wanted to suggest some new features and such for possible future updates for the cosmetics/crates.

Another Note: I understand that mineplex has a small development team. This is not at all a priority. This is just a list of suggestions for the future.

What do you think about this? Thanks for reading!

Posted May 5, 2021,
    Last edited May 27, 2021
  2. That’s a lot of info lol but the Flying Dolphin pet and block morph sounds good with The ability to see your morphs

Posted May 5, 2021
    ReJo likes this.
  3. very very long list lol but great idea. But most of the new cosmetics seem to he in the legendary and rare section, maybe move some down? other than that +1

Posted May 6, 2021
    ReJo likes this.
  4. Just like you, I'm obsessed with cosmetics so I will leave my feedback under every single suggestion here!

Particles

For starters, I don't think all of these should be legendary except Wind of the Frost Lord. Shadow Walk and Musical Swirl are simple compared to it, so I'd keep them Rare at most.

I like both of the ideas, and I think we can bring in cosmetic sets onto Bedrock just like Java has. For example, collecting an entire set of "Musical" cosmetics gives you a random disc in the lobby that, when right-clicked, spawns a jukebox to play it.

Pets

Both of these are so cute, and I feel like the Bedrock player base would love them, especially the Flying Dolphin. Maybe for the Rabbit pet, players could also unlock specific rabbit coats, rather than just one rabbit. Alternatively, they can just find the one and then every time they spawn it in it has a random coat.

Morphs

I like all of these. I think as a Creeper you could just explode normally like creepers do. Not necessarily TNT coded into the morph for the effect.

Gadgets

Yep, I don't see why not. It's one of the most basic gadgets out there, and would be fun for players to use, especially when celebrating something. :D

Arrow Trails

Nothing to say here. Maybe some additional suggestions from me, though:

Shadow Arrows - just like Shadow Walk, this arrow trail with have smoke particles coming out of it.

Love Arrows - Cupid arrows! Heart particles follow it.

Death Animations
    These are really cute as well, and my own suggestion to add:

Firework Death - A death to be celebrated. A firework emerges from your location, and explodes just above the ground.

Leap Effects
    Wet Jump shouldn't work like you said as it can interfere with your particle effect. Rather than rain following your feet as you leap, it could be more of an explosion of white smoke (to act as clouds) and rain from where you leap.

Cosmetic Changes
    I think these are currently bugged, so I'm not really gonna say anything about them.
    Unless there are bugs with cosmetics, I wouldn't count on existing ones to be changed. It's a lot of work to make them already and wouldn't be individually updated - sort of a waste of develoment hours that we really need on games or systems within Bedrock at the moment.

I suppose that's why you probably will not see these cosmetic ideas considered for a while - with one front-end developer for Bedrock, it's tough to do much. We'll see if we get more developers for Bedrock in the future that could spend time working on these sorts of things.

If there is a major bug with a cosmetic, or something majorly affecting gameplay, you can create a bug report at mineplex.com/bugs or create a separate thread focused on the cosmetic(s) heavily affecting gameplay (like big explosions in your face).

Same with these - if it's a bug, create a bug report with the link above. If it's additional content with chests, then it will have to wait a while. For seasonal chests, these might get updated every time they are brought back, but the classic crates will remain the same until it is required or suggested by Leadership to change them.

I agree with the reduction in gadgets, though - hundreds of gadgets from one crate is so far off from Java where the max you can get is about a 100 (iirc). Although I believe this is because there's a lot less crates being opened in Bedrock and also not a lot of cosmetics available, so to make them "worth it", an abnormal amount of gadgets is given. But that's just my opinion and might not be fact at all.

Posted May 6, 2021
    ReJo and yvuggu like this.
  5. I think that you should be able to open imperial crates even with all legendaries because at least you get a rare you haven't unlocked yet. I get so much dupes from royal crates ngl

Posted May 6, 2021
    ReJo likes this.
  6. Hey, thanks for the feedback. I wanted to point something out to you real quick.

You said you think you should still be able to open imperials even though you have all the legendary items.
    I think you misread what I wrote. I said players shouldn't be able to open imperial crates if they already have ALL the cosmetics unlocked. This includes uncommons, rares, and legendaries.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 6, 2021
    Mothy likes this.
  7. Thanks for the feedback!

I've added some of your suggestions, including adding certain cosmetics and getting rid of the smaller suggestions like the one about the bugged Throwing TNT gadget.
    Also, the Love Arrows and Shadow Arrows you suggested, they actually already exist. That's why I didn't suggest them in the first place.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 6, 2021
    maevestarbaby likes this.
  8. Hey! I'm not too much into collecting cosmetics, but I think that the suggestions you proposed were very good! I'm not going to go into each cosmetic or suggestion specifically but I'm going to make comments on your points! I'm particularly a fan of the Flying Dolphin pet, as it would be a nice fancy pet to unlock (and will also bring a Legendary pet if that doesn't exist already, correct me if I'm wrong). I also agree with the suggestion of seeing what you are morphed into, because sometimes I wonder what I look like as a morph or I want to see the size of my Slime/Magma Cube morph. When I was a new player, I was so confused with what morphs were, so I think that this would be a nice change so people are aware that you can actually morph into a mob. I also really like the Firework cosmetic suggestion, because I think that it would be a nice or simple way to celebrate or throw around when you are with friends. I also love the Rainbow Leap. Although there are very few Bedrock games that feature leaps, I think that this would be a nice decorative cosmetic. I think that the Rainbow Trail looks nice, so I don't see why it wouldn't look nice as a leap effect. Overall, I like all of these suggestions, great work on coming up with a long list of them!

Posted May 6, 2021
    ReJo likes this.
  9. Ohhhhhh, my apologies. I understand now and agree with you

Posted May 6, 2021
    ReJo likes this.
  10. A lot of work was put into this. I like it!

Posted May 6, 2021
    ReJo likes this.
  11. Interesting.. I really like how much work you put into this!
    Anyways, I'll review each section.

New Cosmetics Section

I think these all sound good, and each of them have their own description and everything.

Cosmetics Changes Section

I can see where you're coming from. Quiet a few of the cosmetics could use some work. I especially agree with the particles not bunching up in your face btw.

New Crates Section

I think I've opened one or two thankful treasures in the past on java, and they seem pretty darn good. I like how you can receive items such as Amplifiers and other crates. Also the thanksgiving cosmetics you listed sound pretty cool, especially the Leafy Leap. Maybe you could add some more thanksgiving cosmetics?

Crates Changes Section

I don't see any problems with these suggestions, it would definitely improve the crate opening experience. I don't have much to say here.

Anyways, great suggestions, I hope to see at least some of this implemented!

Posted May 8, 2021
    ReJo likes this.
  12. another suggestion: make it so the arro trail doesn't go in your face if you're a hider in block hunt. It gets in your face and gives away your location

Posted May 8, 2021
    ReJo likes this.
  13. That's actually a bug. I won't be suggesting bug fixes, thanks for suggesting though.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 8, 2021
    CatFan105 likes this.
  14. u can hide it by going in the mineplex settings and turning particals off.

Posted May 9, 2021
    ReJo likes this.
  15. Bump

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 26, 2021
  16. Finally more legendary items for my trophy collection.

Posted May 26, 2021
    ReJo likes this.
  17. I would like to see some more, I think the ones that you listed above are cool.

Posted May 26, 2021
    StyxKiller03 and ReJo like this.
  18. Hey there Rejo! After reading through this thread and it’s replies for 5 minutes, I can say that these all sound like excellent ideas and suggestions. Like most other people, my favorite suggestion has to be the Flying Dolphin. This idea is really unique and would look great in lobbies. However, one suggestion I have is to lower the rarity of most items. Almost all of the new cosmetics you suggested were ledgendary, which I believe would be too hard to get. In my opinion, some of these suggested cosmetics, such as the Musical Swirl or Celebration Aura, are too rare and should be made more common. However, everything else is great and I hope to see these added sometime!
    -Bob

Posted May 26, 2021,
    Last edited May 26, 2021
    ReJo and traincar100 like this.
  19. Thank you for the feedback!

The reason that the particles are Rare or higher is because literally all the currently existing particles are legendary, so that made me think that all of the particles I listed here should be legendary as well. I’ve gotten feedback saying that they should be lowered, so I lowered some of them to rare. Idk if having them as common cosmetics would be good, maybe uncommon at very least.
    About all the other cosmetics, I’ll look into lowering the rarities on them if I can.
    Anyways, thanks for the feedback!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 26, 2021
    Bob16077777 likes this.
  20. Hey!

I am also someone who is obsessed with cosmetics, I love messing around with gadgets and morphs in the hub and I'd love to see some new things added. Some of my favorite things that you suggested are the Block Morph, this is a super fun one on Java I always have a lot of fun running around the hub morphing into all the blocks I think this would be a really nice addition to Bedrock! And of course, the flying Dolphin pet sounds both cute and really cool so that's another thing I'd like to see. Overall though, I love all your suggestions and definitely would love to see a Thanksgiving treasure chest added those are always fun to open on Java around that time of year!

I do agree with what Bob said about lowering the rarities of some of the items, but other than that everything else sounds awesome and I would love to see your items implemented!

Posted May 26, 2021
    ReJo likes this.