• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8989 Players Online
  • 6099 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Bedrock and Java Prefixes On Threads

Discussion in 'Website Feedback' started by UCYT_uwu_5040, Jun 5, 2020.

?

+1 or -1

1. +1

2. -1

3. Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Introduction
    Hey! I've been seeing a lot of mixupes where a Bedrock player comes across a Java thread and is confused. I think there should be something to fix this mixup.
    What It Should Look Like
    Thread titles might look like this:
    Java | Thread Title
    Bedrock | Thread Title
    Both Platforms | Thread Title
    Website | Thread Title
    Other Specifications
    The Prefix should have a colored background, purple might look nice.
    It shouldn't take up alot of room, maybe make it smaller than the thread title.

Thanks for reading! Let me know what you think! Always remember Guardians are watching everyone now:gwen:!

Go eat a potato.:potato:

Posted Jun 5, 2020
    xGetRekted likes this.
  2. I agree, I think this would help a lot. Sometimes I get confused on thrrads because they don't specify which edition they use.
    +1

Posted Jun 5, 2020
    UCYT_uwu_5040 likes this.
  3. I mean people can use the thing literally called "tags" and add "java" or "bedrock" on their own.

We did also have an idea to have a bedrock/java tag players can choose like the "survey" tag in the off-topic section, but we just never saw a real need for it since each thread typically has it's own section and people sometimes do make it clear what platform they're talking about. Any other tags/platforms [website, twitter, etc.] aren't a thing we would really look at adding.

Can you tell us where these tags would be useful? Like specific sections? Any ideas section is off limits for obvious reasons and off-topic/games section would likely not be added there either.

Posted Jun 5, 2020
    0775 likes this.
  4. Tags can prove useful in these situations, but not every thread specifies so. The topic of the thread may give hints if one feature is not available on both, but most are mutual. Gameplay and how the attributes work may differ across platforms, in which case, tags are necessary.

Generally speaking, this will help. Players should be prompted to check which platform(s) their thread focuses on to avoid confusion. This saves ample time by clearly outlining the background of the thread to eliminate any misunderstandings that must be addressed later so the discussion does not get sidetracked. The "java" and "bedrock" tags will become obsolete, as their use is already covered by this new feature. The platforms involved from the thread will also be more visible than the tags that people occasionally miss.

+1

Report a User | Report a Bug | Rules | My Profile | Applications

Posted Jun 5, 2020
    UCYT_uwu_5040 likes this.
  5. Some forums this could be on are server discussion, maybe forum discussion, help, events, recruitment, and a couple more forums.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 5, 2020
  6. Server discussion/forums discussion/help and maybe recruitment seem to be the only liable places for the tag. Events won't be adding these tags as all official events take place on Java and we have a few other tags we use for our events. We'll talk about it and see where it goes.

Posted Jun 5, 2020
    PROSTONE likes this.
  7. These are the forums that might use this:
    Help | Server Discussion | Forum Discussion | *Mineplex Guides | Off Topic | *YouTube Video Showcase | *Build Showcase | Recruitment

Any forums marked with * don't fit the tags the most, but tags could still work.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 6, 2020
  8. I think this idea would be a good one. It'll help a lot of players understand what platform a thread is referring to. Often times I see Java players comment on threads specifically for Bedrock (and they accidentally think it's referring to Java), so I think this would help clear a lot of confusion.

To respond to the argument about how players can tag threads themselves, some players might not be aware of this feature and the tags do look a bit small and easy to gloss over. I think a thread prefix would help create a clear division between Java threads and Bedrock threads. +1

Posted Jun 6, 2020