• 1386 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9824 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion [Bedrock] Add Ingame Suffixes

Discussion in 'Bedrock Ideas' started by pingu a.k.a will, Sep 30, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Hello!

I think a great idea for Mineplex Bedrock, is to add Suffixes after peoples names that can be achieved via chests, levelling rewards (please add this!) and also from the Mineplex Store.

These would look like these:

For instance lets say Player123, with DUKE Rank, unlocked the suffix: Verified (for linking with the forums this would be achieveable).

In game it would look like: 27 DUKE Player123 [Verified] > Hello!

This would be effective as at the moment people cant show off their amazing cosmetics without bein infront of users. This would be a chat cosmetic.

Thanks!

Posted Sep 30, 2018
  2. Yo

Personally I think this would make chat look kinda messy overall, especially if they were all different colors and etc. Tbh on servers that already do this, the chat is hard to read at times, making it difficult to see who said what, and just annoying when some people type. I just don't think it would really be necessary tbh.

Posted Sep 30, 2018
  3. Agreed with landon. Especially if we put suffixes with long words, it'll get kinda chumped together and wouldn't look nice

Posted Sep 30, 2018
    Wiz_Techno likes this.
  4. Hello,

Mineplex prides itself on having a clean chat. Not being one of those servers with like 100 dashes, symbols, brackets, and multicolored names in the chat. I love how Mineplex keeps their chat clean and consistent across all ranks and suffixes have been denied before for my reason above.

Thanks
    Techno

Posted Sep 30, 2018
  5. Yo,

As the people have stated before me, this would make the chat very messy and it would be extremely hard to see your friend's message if it was filled with titles. It would be especially annoying if they added titles because that would include the ones like Tableflip and Fireball which would fill up the chat. To counteract my previous statement, if they didn't add those emote like titles, I also don't think it would be worth the development time to only code in certain ones to be suffixes. Keep up the great ideas though!

Posted Sep 30, 2018
  6. Hello there!

That is an okay idea of adding the in-game suffixes to the Bedrock server. However, it will not be a great idea that makes the Bedrock chat looks unorganized. Having random colors in chat will make it look messy because there are too many colors which players are not pleased. Overall, I do not feel like it should be implemented in the Bedrock server, and I would prefer to keep the chat organized and clean. Great idea what you have, Shyboy!

Posted Sep 30, 2018
    pingu a.k.a will likes this.
  7. I'm going to have to agree with what's been said so far.

Particularly when considering how bad Minecraft Bedrock chat is (let's be real, it's a huge step down from what Java's layout is), suffixes would just make things even worse. It would be neat to have something like Titles on Bedrock however; I'm just unsure of how that could be implemented.

Suffixes on Java personally wouldn't be necessary because we have titles, that accomplish a similar goal. However, I'll admit that they would look much nicer than over on Bedrock.

Posted Oct 12, 2018
  8. It's visual clutter, something that should be avoided in UI at all times. It works for other servers, but I don't think the concept slots in with both Mineplex's brand but over-all look at the moment. In my own opinion, I already think some of the cosmetics added already provide a lot of clutter both visually but also in UI menu design. Adding a feature like this perpetuates the issue further and adds more optical noise.

Posted Oct 12, 2018