• 2525 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11236 Players Online
  • 8711 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

[Bedrock] A SkyBlock Guide

Discussion in 'Mineplex Guides' started by GuardianInASuit, Feb 29, 2020.

1. [​IMG]
    SkyBlock Beta Guide

Thursday, Feb. 27th SkyBlock was released out into Beta for Knight's+ This Guide is being made so once everyone can join SkyBlock they will know how to play. This Guide will help you get started and have some tips throughout.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Getting Started

Getting Started is pretty easy! All you have to do is walk up the SkyBlock NPC and click him!
    A menu like this will open up
    *Image Soon*

Once on your Island. Start by cutting down your tree and make a crafting table, sticks and then craft a Wooden Pickaxe. Make sure to save any saplings you get and replant one. Next from your chest get a block of ice and your bucket of lava. Make your cobblestone something close to this. Once you lose your Java source it will be game over for you.

[​IMG]
    When you start mining cobblestone you might notice you will start to get iron or gold ore and sometimes a diamond. We will get those later. After to mine 3 cobblestone upgrade your pickaxe and start mining. Once you get 8 cobblestone. Craft a furnace and place it down. Throw the iron ore you gained while mining in there with some planks and start smelt the iron down. Once you get more cobble you can start expanding your island out over the void. If you craft your cobblestone into slab you can expand out farther. While mining you might have noticed a little change with your saplings. They might have turned to a birch sapling.
    [​IMG]
    I've noticed that once they turn to birch give them a couple more minutes and they will grow into a tree. I believe this is a bug and will be fixed later on.
    You might have noticed you have a second block of ice in your starter chest. If you take your bucket and grab the other water source you can make an infinite water source. You do this by putting a source block in one corner and in the opposite corner. Doing this will give you more water sources if you need them.

[​IMG]
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Cobblestone Generator

The Cobblestone Generator will sometimes produce Iron, Gold, or Diamonds. Once you have enough Iron smelt and make a better pickaxe. Keep grinding till you get enough Iron for a full set up armor. I would save the Diamonds for later but that's for you to decide

*WIP more will be added soon*

A Guide Series
    A Mineplex Guide
    A Factions Guide

Posted Feb 29, 2020
  2. Any mob spawning?

Just curios, want to see if I can, and it’s not the Bedrock spawning system being bald again

Posted Mar 5, 2020,
    Last edited by a Moderator Mar 6, 2020
  3. Hey,

Nice guide! This will be useful for anybody who's new to Minecraft and SkyBlock. Just a quick suggestion, but I think you should change the title of the guide to "[Bedrock] A Guide to Starting SkyBlock", as most of this information pertains more-so to new players.

Thanks,
    ~ TheGrandmaster

Posted Mar 5, 2020
  4. Great guide! This helped me out a lot, as I’m not used to this type of Skyblock. This will definitely be useful for new players who haven’t discovered the secrets of Skyblock.

Posted Mar 5, 2020
  5. Wait does this give XP?

Posted Mar 6, 2020
  6. Pretty neat guide there @GuardianInASuit! This guide would definitely be helpful to players that are new to this game-mode. It's also useful that you included a known bug in your guide so that players can be aware of it.

Posted Mar 6, 2020
  7. I'm hoping skyblocks won't be pay to play as factions was. That would be disappointing for bedrock, although skyblock would be awesome to see, as I don't have a rank on bedrock yet, Cant wait!

Posted Mar 6, 2020
    FabianTuck likes this.
  8. Nice guide! This guide will definitely help players that are new to the skyblock gamemode!

Posted Mar 6, 2020
  9. You are a saint

Posted Mar 7, 2020
  10. I haven't tried out the Skyblock on the Mineplex Bedrock server before. I'm going to say that it's a nice guide you have! Excellent job, Guardian!

Posted Mar 7, 2020
  11. Hi!

Good guide you have! Hopefully this will help me get started in Skyblock. I tried once and gave up, I will probably try again.

Have a good day/night!

Posted Mar 7, 2020
  12. Is there a way to save my progress? If so how?

Posted Mar 20, 2020
  13. Amazing guide! I might try Skyblock for myself

Posted Mar 20, 2020
  14. Good evening, GuardianInASuit!

Amazing guide for many troubled users can view! I'm very excited to get started on my island! Also, thank you for creating this helpful guide!

To answer @LoneRangerGamer question, you cannot unfortunately, have mobs spawning on islands just yet. However, stay updated with the new updates that come to the Mineplex Network on the News and Announcements thread!

Unfortunately, @Dingersonly1127 , there is not an option that allows you to save your island just yet. As mentioned above, stay stunned with the newest Mineplex updates at https://www.mineplex.com/forums/news/!

Thank you,
    FabianTuck

Posted Mar 30, 2020
    Truthhs likes this.
  15. Does anyone know when skyblock will be open for players without a rank??

Posted Mar 30, 2020
  16. As there is no set-in-stone date of its actual release, it's untelling when. However, if you would like to test out the game at its current state, go ahead and pick you up a rank from the Mineplex Marketplace!

Thank you,
    FabianTuck

Posted Mar 30, 2020