• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5282 Players Online
  • 5282 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Beastmaster Kit BUFF

Discussion in 'Survival Games' started by Aaron., Aug 23, 2020.

?

What do you think of the rework idea?

Poll closed Aug 30, 2020.
  1. Great idea and it's well-balanced.

50.0%
  2. Great idea but needs some tweaks.

25.0%
  3. Not interested in the idea.

25.0%
  1. Good afternoon fellow Mineplexians!

I've stated this already but I've been recently diving into Survival Games and I've noticed an unbalance in kits. I've decided to make threads to point out the issues with the terrible kits in SG and solutions to increasing their overall strength in PvP. Currently, I main Beastmaster because I find that I can work well with this kit utilizing the dog and the ability "Cub Tackle". I believe that this kit only needs a few adjustments to really put it on the same level as other kits.

Beastmaster Defintion: One who controls beasts and draws power from them.

Beastmaster
    - Grants the passive Wolf Companion. Summons a pet wolf when kits are enabled and 30s after the wolf dies.
    - Grants the ability Cub Tackle. Right-click your sword/axe to make your Wolf leap in the direction you're looking. 10s cooldown. If you right-click on an enemy within hit range (Think of Hilt Smash) makes the wolf leap at the target. Cub Tackle deals 4 damage and slowness 2 for 4s. Only changes made to this skill are the new mechanic where right-clicking on a player makes the wolf leap at the player and now cub tackle deals 5 damage. Skill can't miss like Hilt Smash does.
    - Grants the kill effect Beastmode. Getting a kill gives you speed 1 and strength 1 for 4s. Have red particles appear around the center of the player (Think of Bloodlust from Champions or Particle Effect Blood Helix in Cosmetics).

Give me feedback on this buff! Do you like or hate this idea? Just make sure to comment below so I can read and respond to your thoughts.

If you vote "Not interested in the idea" please state why or your vote will be ignored.

Posted Aug 23, 2020,
    Last edited Aug 27, 2020
    monskey likes this.
  2. The wolf just needs better AI so it actually attacks. I don't know that Mineplex can do anything about that.

Posted Aug 24, 2020
  3. Wolf AI is good compared to Necro Skeles. Cub Tackle needs better management. Beastmode is a nice addition.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 24, 2020
    monskey likes this.
  4. Any AI is good compared to necro skeletons. I think I'd prefer a pounce ability similar to Champion's ranger vs strength and speed. It might become a new rampage kit with that ability. Speed in SG is incredibly powerful and should be avoided.

Posted Aug 24, 2020
  5. Everyone is so scared of speed that they forget that they have rods in sg. Im gonna shorten the duration as 5s is too long.

OP OP
  6. I played when you could use beacons and get speed. No speed. I really think a small pounce ability would round out the kit as it lacks anything for defense.

Posted Aug 24, 2020
  7. Something like that doesn't fit in this game. Leaping abilities feels out of place.

OP OP
  8. I'm not talking a lobby double-jump. Just a small boost forwards. Barbarian, Brawler, and Bomber already exist and are capable of boosting players more than I'm suggesting here.

Posted Aug 24, 2020
    Aaron. likes this.
  9. Trust me, after what I've seen with bridges having 1 kit with a leap-like ability ruins it

OP OP
  10. Hol up what?

OP OP
  11. You quoted yourself and said what. What are you confused about?

Posted Aug 24, 2020
  12. Give me an approximate distance that this leap would move at. I noticed last second that you said this boost would be less than the kb ground pound, blade vortex, and explosive arrow deal

OP OP
  13. A SSM chicken flap, perhaps. Or something midway between a double jump and a chicken flap.

Posted Aug 24, 2020
    Aaron. likes this.
  14. Okay but why bother implementing something like this?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 25, 2020
  15. To give beastmaster an ability that can be used to run away. A defensive perk.

Posted Aug 25, 2020
  16. Any mobility perk has offensive/defensive utility. I'll ask some other GI what they would think of mobility in sg. Personally I don't prefer something like this.

OP OP
  17. I’m not trying to say that it’s solely for defense, just that it can be used as such. Call it “pounce” or something, it fits the theme.

My main gripe with your original suggestion, as I said, is the speed, but additionally I’ve realized that strength probably isn’t a good idea either. Having +130% attack damage is rather powerful. Imagine the cleanups.

Posted Aug 25, 2020
  18. Alright so you don't know this but if you played champions you'd know that Mineplex tweaked some of their status effects. Strength increases your damage by 1 per level. Resistance reduces damage by 1 per level. Weakness you can probably guess what that is.

OP OP
  19. I’ve played champions in the past, I just wasn’t aware. Strength might be okay then.

Posted Aug 25, 2020
    Aaron. likes this.