• 1631 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4210 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Bearable Temperature?

Discussion in 'Surveys' started by CupAWup, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Hey there!

This is definitely an interesting thread. I’m not sure I’ve seen something like it before. That being said, I live in Georgia, USA so the weather is quite unpredictable. Usually, it’s smoldering hot, but right now I’m wearing three jackets and a sleeping bag and I’m not even that warm.

I can really tolerate anything between 30-100 but under or above that and I need lots of clothes or a lot less.

Posted Nov 9, 2019
  2. I enjoy things a bit colder. For me the perfect weather is a tad bit of a breeze, as well as some nice clouds - but not much humidity. I like it when the sky is grey, but it's still warm. Take the Oregon coast for example, or Swiss Vaud during spring. It's really comfortable because you can go out with a shirt and pants, while still not being burnt by the sun, but also not freezing to death. Cloudy and warm is the perfect match of not having to squint 24/7 because of the sun and not being too cold or getting rained on <3

Posted Nov 9, 2019
    saltyfishhy likes this.
  3. 50-60 is a good temperature. I would enjoy it colder because snow but Texas don't be like that.
    I took a tram from Lucerne to the Alps during the spring and it slowly went from flowers everywhere to a full on blizzard in the span of 10 minutes lol

Posted Nov 9, 2019
    xOeuf likes this.
  4. Any temperature under 0 degrees Celsius (32 Fahrenheit) is optimal because then it's cold enough for it to snow. [​IMG]

Posted Nov 9, 2019
  5. Although I am from a place with moderate temperatures, I tend to prefer the heat over the cold. The ideal weather for me is when there is a balance between the two, such as a clear and sunny day with some breeze. If I had to pick a side, though, then it would be being warm as it feels absolutely painful to be freezing cold. Anyway, I am able to tolerate anywhere from around 5ºC / 41ºF to 33ºC / 91ºF, even though I prefer when the weather is towards the warmer side rather than the cold.

Posted Nov 9, 2019
  6. Well maybe the sky was in a bad mood that day, you gotta be nice to it - maybe give it a few compliments in the morning <3_<3
    Jokes aside, Switzerland is really iffy with the weather, it can get rough especially in the fall and spring seasons. The cities surrounding lake Geneva tend to be slightly warmer, though.

Posted Nov 9, 2019
    Vocaloiid likes this.
  7. If I’m running or doing other outdoor activities, I have a hard time if it’s above 77ish or so (F).
    In general, I’m okay being outside if it’s below 85. Other then that it starts to become a little too uncomfortable for me.

I can’t handle cold weather very well. It needs to be above 45 (F) for me to be at least somewhat comfortable.

Posted Nov 10, 2019
  8. This is pretty interesting to think about in my perspective, every summer I return to Kuwait and the temperature average is as high as 110 degrees (F). However, the humidity there is drastically higher than that of the U.S and therefore you feel like it's around 90 degrees (F), but the sun is pretty strong. Kuwait's highest ever recorded temperature is 130 degrees (F) and depending on the summer, the average temperature would sometimes spike up to 122+ degrees (F). You will never enter a building in Kuwait without air conditioners everywhere so in reality, we don't feel the heat that much except maybe when I walk to a mosque that's a bit far for Friday prayer near noon. It's safe to say that I am used to hot weather so I'll have no issues with it!
    Buttt, going to school in Ohio and having to walk to school every day during the winter is the real test for me. I do wear a lot of long sleeve shirts on top of each other and then have the last layer of clothes be a huge jacket but I still go through some cold days that eat me alive, not to mention sometimes I forget some inner clothes that are vital. There are times last year where the temperature dropped to -10 degrees (C) but honestly, it's not so much the number but mostly the wind. If it's a cold day and the wind is strong that's what makes me go to war against the cold haha, but if there's no wind at all then I'll have no issues.
    Overall, my bearable temperature would honestly be anything, I don't have an answer to it because I have experienced both ends of the spectrum and I liked it! It's interesting to compare two hugely different parts of the world where on one side (Kuwait) we have never received snow and on the other side (Ohio, US) it is always snowing in the winter and the cold can get pretty extreme (to me). I put "(to me)" since I know there are people that have experienced much more extreme cold temperatures such as in Canada and have no issues with it, kudos to you!

Posted Nov 10, 2019
  9. Being of pretty much completely mountainous descent (with the earliest members of my family tree living in the lowlands descending from them about 150 years ago), I am definitely used to slightly cooler weather, harmony with nature and especially the cold spring mornings, filled with an amazing smell of flowers blooming everywhere. For this reason, I really hate global warming and being born just when it's begun to have serious consequences on the climate - I only get to see two or three weeks of snow, compared to a once normal two month season of continuous snow cover, and the spring is generally much less enjoyable for this reason. In 2018 spring arrived late, with temperatures as low as -23°C being recorded in March in my country's lowlands, which made me feel so much better for some reason. Anyhow, I would say that my favorite temperature is around 2-6°C, especially when it happens on a cold spring morning, 29°C is my ideal daytime summer temperature, while I enjoy the occasional cold spell that drops the temperature to -10°C or sometimes even lower. At temperatures above 32°C, my mind goes all silly and I cannot think at all, but having experienced temperatures from -17°C to 39°C, I think I can handle the entire range with warm clothes or a cold beverage.

For all participants of this thread, I have the perfect place y'all could visit.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Verkhoyansk

Posted Nov 10, 2019,
    Last edited Nov 10, 2019
  10. I live in Australia and just as @AyyNick mentioned above it really gets pretty hot here and in Australia. There was also a large amount of bushfires near me due to the lack of rain and now the air in like a 50km radius has been all foggy for the past 3 days.
    - TheProTroller
    --- Post updated ---

Posted Nov 10, 2019
    AyyNick likes this.
  11. Hey!
    Interesting thread! I love it! I live in Ohio where the temperatures go from 89 degrees Fahrenheit to 13 degrees in less than three days. I've always loved the cold and I consistently keep my house at 60-68 degrees. I hate anything above 80 so I just don't go outside for that reason, but I would say tolerance up to 90 because of Band and Band camp. Cold I really can handle until negatives start coming in. I always like my environment "cold". So I would say I can handle 0-90 degrees.

Posted Nov 10, 2019
  12. Aha, this is a fun one :)
    Just a note, I'll be using Celcuis as my unit of measure.
    My threshold is pretty grand, for 2 reasons. Firstly, by blood, I have a pretty high tolerance for heat (because my dad is Peruvian). Second, by nature I have a fairly good tolerance for the cold due to being born and raised in Canada. I can be out in -1 degree weather with only a sweater and be perfectly fine. -20 is where it gets a bit too cold for my liking. On the other side of the spectrum, anything above 35 is too hot for my taste.
    Put simply, -20 to +35 is where I'll be okay, my favourate temperature is about 17-22 degrees Celcius.
    -fire

Posted Nov 10, 2019
  13. This is hard for me to answer because I love snow, I just don't really like the temperature it occurs at. :/
    I guess my ideal temperature would be 60-79 F. (18.3-26.1 C) I know that's a small window, but I get cold so easily so I don't really like going below 60. And 80 and up is so unbearable because it is soooooooo humid where I live that anything at least 80 will have you drowning in your own sweat. Sadly it goes over 90 on most days during the summer.

Posted Nov 12, 2019
  14. eh
    I prefer weather in the 70s.....can’t take the 90s or anything below 40!
    Note that I’m referring to Fahrenheit, not Celsius

Posted Nov 12, 2019
  15. I think that anything above 20 Celsius is too hot.

Posted Nov 12, 2019

16. As I live in a subtropical climate, I actually prefer cooler temperatures, normally 19-23°C (66.2-73.4°F) is perfect as it's quite hot most of the year.​

Posted Nov 13, 2019